The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread >

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 06:08 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Virus, Thanks Tasha, Well done yourself!!
Old 04-19-2011, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

i weighed in today too. my weight is now.....(drum roll)
440lbs!!!!!!
thats a 5lb loss in one week.
btw hows micheal doing? havent heard from u in a while
Old 04-21-2011, 10:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi guys--hope everyone is doing well. Got back from five days at camp today so back on plan. Don't intend to weigh in until the First--that'll give me 10 days to undo any weight that might have followed me home.

Was able to walk two days, but with the snow there were a few days of little to no exercise (well, there was weight lifting of 12oz at a time ). I haven't put in my cals yet but it's not going to be pretty. Well, life happens and we have to deal with it.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-21-2011, 02:50 PM
FitDay Member

It's good to have you back Michael!
Old 04-21-2011, 03:59 PM
FitDay Member

same here...i missed ya michael.
just pigged out on pizza and i feel really bad. i feel like just saying "screw it"...if it wasnt for my newborn baby i think i wld just stay in bed for the rest of my life. *sigh*
Old 04-21-2011, 04:17 PM
FitDay Member

i joined the fourth of july challenge

i hope i weigh 400lbs
Old 04-22-2011, 01:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by symphony'smom
same here...i missed ya michael.
just pigged out on pizza and i feel really bad. i feel like just saying "screw it"...if it wasnt for my newborn baby i think i wld just stay in bed for the rest of my life. *sigh*
Hey, we can't give up under any circumstances! All or nothing thinking is the path to ruin (I've been down it myself). I had two weeks worth of calories during five days at camp. So what? I'm back on plan and it's calories under the bridge. You'll do the same, I know!

Have a better day today.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-22-2011, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

All or nothing thinking is the path to ruin
This is truth! Words to live by. For all of my life I've had that mentality. What happens is whenever you "fail" or cheat you tend to give up all together and start pigging out. I did. All that got me was an extra hundred pounds to carry around. I probably would've been better off had I not dieted at all under those conditions. I've heard for years that it's more important to focus on making lifestyle changes, but I've never really been able to accept that until recently.

Slow and steady my friends... slow and steady.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

u guys r right. i will try to start a new. i just have to get into the healthy mindset again. ive started living by what the scale says and its getting to be too much. maybe i will wait a month before weighing in again.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:01 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by symphony'smom
u guys r right. i will try to start a new. i just have to get into the healthy mindset again. ive started living by what the scale says and its getting to be too much. maybe i will wait a month before weighing in again.
So how are you doing today?

The scale is a harsh mistress (with apologies to Heinlien). It's an easy way to "keep score", for sure but it isn't the end-all, be-all of our fitness journey.

I've sort of begun thinking about weight loss/fitness as a chess game. For 100+ folks such as ourselves, I think the scale is sort of our opening and start of our mid-game. It's important to lose fat and retain as much muscle as we can.

At some point we need to start focusing on fitness--undoing any cario issues we've caused our bodies and putting on some muscle mass to help us in the end-game.

Personally, I'm planning to obtain a body fat scale/monitor to help me "keep score" in the near future as I continue to transition out of pure fat-loss mode.

So, I guess I'm trying to say that we should view the scale for what it is: a tool to help guage our progress and make sure our fat loss plan is working. It is most assuredly NOT a guage of our self-worth and we need to keep that firmly in mind.

Regards,
Michael

PS Glad to have you in the Challenge--45 in nine weeks is doable but you're going to have to work it (and I know you can)!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.