Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 08:29 PM   #721 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
VirusInside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbs21 View Post
I have being doing well with my tracking, discipline and calorie deficit...resulting in progressive weight loss over the last 3 months. On March 30th, I hit the 50lb loss mark. However by April 1st, the scales were telling me I had gained 6lbs of it back and by this am it is telling me I have gained 10lbs of it back. I weigh my self about 4 times a week so the March 30th, was not a sudden drop, but a gradual process.

I have bm's daily. I have maintained a minimum 1,000 calorie deficit every day. I exercise regularly and track everything...I have been following the Canada Food Guide and eliminated all process foods except fat free salad dressings, whole wheat pitas and whole wheat wraps. Everything else is from scratch and fresh. Sodium is tracked and low. My calories balance is 35p/25f/40c

I have had no periods since 2005 post-hysterectomy.

The scales have always been reliable. Thoughts are appreciated.
Hmmm... First of all congratulations on hitting 50 pounds! That's magnificent. As far as why you're having these regains, I'm not sure. It certainly sounds like you're doing all the right things. All I can think of to do is to go over your diet with a fine tooth comb, and make sure you're not getting any hidden calories in there. Just as an example, you don't use any "zero calorie" butter sprays or oil sprays or anything like that do you? I only ask because that's been a common problem for me in the past. They're not really zero calories, and if you spray a lot, then the calories that are there can add up fast.

Just hang in there, and keep your head up. You've done so well.
__________________
Start weight: 358 lbs
Current weight: 294 lbs
Goal weight: 210 lbs
VirusInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #722 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CANADA
Posts: 139
Default

Jacqueline I think you might have to do even more exercise, and eat even more strict. Remember that fat burns calories, we are carrying around all this weight making even the easiest things a little be harder. After lose 50lbs, you won't be burning as many calories as you were when you were 50lb bigger. You might want to lift some more weights to gain more muscle. Muscle is whats going to maintain our metabolisms when all the fat is gone. So maybe instead of trying to lose weight at this very minute, you should try to GAIN some more muscle? Also that could be exactly what your body is doing actually. If I were in your situation I'd work out more and try different types of work outs and diets. Keep measuring yourself though, sometimes you'll gain weight, or stay the same weight but still be losing size. As long as you are pushing yourself with your workouts, and eating healthy I don't think you would have gained fat. Anyways I'm still a newbie, but I hope this helps.
__________________
★Misery, 19, Female, 5'6"★

•Start weight: around 250 on 03/07/2011
•Current weight: 238.0 on 05/23/2011
•Main goal : be 150lb by 03/07/2012

♦Weight lost so far : 12lb

♥Mini goal:
24 pounds lighter (217lb) by July 4th for the Fourth of July 10% challenge! (started challenge at 241.8)
Misery16226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #723 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CANADA
Posts: 139
Default

Also today was my weigh in I am 240.6, I've lost 1.2lbs over the week. YAY
I'm losing pretty slowly right now, but I'm happy to be losing something no matter how small.
__________________
★Misery, 19, Female, 5'6"★

•Start weight: around 250 on 03/07/2011
•Current weight: 238.0 on 05/23/2011
•Main goal : be 150lb by 03/07/2012

♦Weight lost so far : 12lb

♥Mini goal:
24 pounds lighter (217lb) by July 4th for the Fourth of July 10% challenge! (started challenge at 241.8)
Misery16226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #724 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
VirusInside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery16226 View Post
Also today was my weigh in I am 240.6, I've lost 1.2lbs over the week. YAY
I'm losing pretty slowly right now, but I'm happy to be losing something no matter how small.
Great work Misery! That brings your loss down to about 10 pounds now doesn't it? Keep it up, and before you know it those 10 pounds become 20.
__________________
Start weight: 358 lbs
Current weight: 294 lbs
Goal weight: 210 lbs
VirusInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:14 PM   #725 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CANADA
Posts: 139
Default

Thank you Virus, ♥ ^-^
__________________
★Misery, 19, Female, 5'6"★

•Start weight: around 250 on 03/07/2011
•Current weight: 238.0 on 05/23/2011
•Main goal : be 150lb by 03/07/2012

♦Weight lost so far : 12lb

♥Mini goal:
24 pounds lighter (217lb) by July 4th for the Fourth of July 10% challenge! (started challenge at 241.8)
Misery16226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #726 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusInside View Post
Hmmm... First of all congratulations on hitting 50 pounds! That's magnificent. As far as why you're having these regains, I'm not sure. It certainly sounds like you're doing all the right things. All I can think of to do is to go over your diet with a fine tooth comb, and make sure you're not getting any hidden calories in there. Just as an example, you don't use any "zero calorie" butter sprays or oil sprays or anything like that do you? I only ask because that's been a common problem for me in the past. They're not really zero calories, and if you spray a lot, then the calories that are there can add up fast.

Just hang in there, and keep your head up. You've done so well.
Thanks for the suggestion. I do review my intake very closely. In fact, I log my food before it goes in my mouth or before I plan a meal. With regards to sprays, I avoid the whole issue by only using a micro, grill or steamer to cook my food. NO additives, sprays or fats added. All the extra taste comes from herbs or spices (fresh not processed). I am sure this is 'one of those plateaus' or things...it is just frustrating. My deficiets have ranged from -1000 to -1500 on any given day. A math wiz would say there is no way I am gaining 10lbs. The scales say different. I am wondering if we have somehow damaged the scales? Anways, I have increased my cardio today and will continue with the weights. I am still obese despite the 50lb loss and it shouldn't take so much to loose let alone maintain. Oh well. I feel good. I appreciate the support and am open to other thoughts or strategies.
__________________
_____________________________
Jacqueline
50 F
Restart
Weight Sept 1/2014 284 lbs.
Weight Sept 21/ 2014 273 lbs.

Weight Goal = 250 pounds December 20, 2014
Ultimate weight goal = 155 pounds December 1, 2015

Weight Jan 1, 2011 = 288 pounds (size 24)
Weight April 1, 2011 = 244 pounds
Weight July 1, 2011 = 220 pounds
Bubbs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #727 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbs21 View Post
I have being doing well with my tracking, discipline and calorie deficit...resulting in progressive weight loss over the last 3 months. On March 30th, I hit the 50lb loss mark. However by April 1st, the scales were telling me I had gained 6lbs of it back and by this am it is telling me I have gained 10lbs of it back. I weigh my self about 4 times a week so the March 30th, was not a sudden drop, but a gradual process.

I have bm's daily. I have maintained a minimum 1,000 calorie deficit every day. I exercise regularly and track everything...I have been following the Canada Food Guide and eliminated all process foods except fat free salad dressings, whole wheat pitas and whole wheat wraps. Everything else is from scratch and fresh. Sodium is tracked and low. My calories balance is 35p/25f/40c

I have had no periods since 2005 post-hysterectomy.

The scales have always been reliable. Thoughts are appreciated.
Jacqueline, with that deficit, there's no way it can be fat gain. My vote is for "fluid" retention, for whatever reason. I've seen big swings like that within a day or two myself--sometimes no rhyme or reason to it. I would just keep on doing what's been working, review sodium intake, perhaps and give it a few more days.

Regards,
Michael
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #728 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 168
Default Thanks Michael, Virus and Misery

I just needed to vent....I know that I need to hang in there and be patient. I am so task oriented with this lifestyle change that there is an expectation of results not boomerangs

Oh well....I feel good and am motivated to continue. If the past is an indicator or predictor of the future, one day I will wake up with a huge drop and be on the downward trend again.

Have a good evening. Off to do carido again.
__________________
_____________________________
Jacqueline
50 F
Restart
Weight Sept 1/2014 284 lbs.
Weight Sept 21/ 2014 273 lbs.

Weight Goal = 250 pounds December 20, 2014
Ultimate weight goal = 155 pounds December 1, 2015

Weight Jan 1, 2011 = 288 pounds (size 24)
Weight April 1, 2011 = 244 pounds
Weight July 1, 2011 = 220 pounds
Bubbs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:36 AM   #729 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3
Default update, I feel great

I started a work weight loss challence Jan 4th. I started at 266.5 I started eating 1200 aprox calories a day, excercising 5x weekly. I also started running I can't say I really enjoy it but I do get a kick out of finishing a run and a great sense of accomplishment. I did my first group 5km on Sunday and I have signed up for a 8km in Vancouver in May.
I won the weight loss challange it ended on March 29. I lost 46 lbs
and feel great.
I would like to lose another 10 lbs before the run on May 1st.
I would love to join the lose 10% by July 4th.
__________________
266.5 lb Jan 4th/2011
249 lb Feb 4th/2011
219.5 lb Mar 28/2011
206.5 lb May 16/2011

Total loss 60 lbs Yaaa babe
Next Mini Goal 8 July/ 195 lbs
laujlauj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:30 AM   #730 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 48
Default

I attended my first 'learn to run' clinic today. I had forgotten how good it feels when you are finished running! Ya - I think I found a bit of that runner's high today
Julieann
__________________
Julieann

Fitday Start weight 263.6 lbs Jan 3/11
Current weight 243.6 May 23
Pounds lost 20

Next mini goal under 230lbs by August 15/11
Mini goal under 250lbs by Feb 14/11 Met!!!
Exercise goal walk/run a 5k by July/11(5min run/2min walk intervals)MET!!!
Ultimate goal 160 Jan 2012


“If at first you don’t succeed, you are running about average.” ~M.H. Alderson
dreamergirl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
http://modamarket.cv.ua, www.workout-tools.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2