Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

thanks for the great tip. i put lemon in it and it kind of tastes like watered down lemonade. lol
so far drank 4 glasses.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:47 AM
FitDay Member

4 glasses is better than no glasses!! Keep up the great work
Old 03-22-2011, 09:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by symphony\'smom
im the heavist person on here. what a wake up call
i hate drinking water. is there something i can do?

weight 470lbs march 12
weight 457lbs march 21

ultimate goal
200lbs....im realistic
Don't worry about where you start. Just do it. Try a hypnotist for your hate of water, it worked for me. I have a friend who was in your boat, she has lost 198 pounds in 18 months with 65 to go, it can be done.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default Yay water

Originally Posted by symphony\'smom
thanks for the great tip. i put lemon in it and it kind of tastes like watered down lemonade. lol
so far drank 4 glasses.
Awesome! 4 glasses is awesome. ^-^ I'm so glad you found a way to enjoy/tolerate water
Old 03-22-2011, 07:08 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs down Both knee's hurt

I had to stop playing basketball because my knees hurt really bad. I dont know what to do because I just dont want to be fat anymore! I am only eating about 1200 cal a day. Should I cut back more because i am not exercising now! i started out on March 10th at 430lb now as of March 22nd i am 403.5. I just dont want to mess up. please help me!!! mad:
Old 03-22-2011, 08:58 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by chinyani
I had to stop playing basketball because my knees hurt really bad. I dont know what to do because I just dont want to be fat anymore! I am only eating about 1200 cal a day. Should I cut back more because i am not exercising now! i started out on March 10th at 430lb now as of March 22nd i am 403.5. I just dont want to mess up. please help me!!! mad:
Welcome to FitDay and the forums!

Glad to see you. I applaud your 27 pounds off in 12 days--that's awesome!

Man, I can't imagine playing BB back when I was your size--it was all I could do to walk 50 ft.

My knees are pretty bad and I just gotta think you're trying to overdo. How about some simple walking, if you're able? The last thing you want to do is injure yourself badly.

1200 cal is pretty low--the LAST time I lost weight I did 1000 cals and it was fairly tough. This time I stay around 1500 and it's much easier. The weight has still come off pretty fast--somewhere around 175 since last May.

At your size your likely burning 4000 cals or more a day anyway so I think 1200 is fine, but it's your call. Do make sure you continue drinking lots of water and move around as much as you can.

Keep us posted as to how you're doing--we understand where you're at and what you're going through.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-23-2011, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by chinyani
Welcome.
Have you seen a professional about your knees to find out what the problem is?

I have knee problems as well and I saw a Physiotherapist for it. Apparently my problem is that my outside thigh muscles are stronger than my inside thigh muscles, this is causing my kneecaps to be pulled slightly outward. I was given some stretching exercises as well as some exercises to strengthen my inside thigh muscles. You should try to find out what the specific problem is so that you know what to do about it.

As for exercises, I find walking, biking and swiming fairly easy on the knees. For me it is very important that I stretch all of the muscles around the knees before and after each workout.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

Default New need to loose 200#

Hi all I'm new to this site and started tracking today, I like how it's set up. I too have to loose more then 100#. first day wasn't so great. but i am making it threw!!! i have a hard time sticking with it. do good for a couple days and fall of the wagon, I'm ready to be done with looking like this. been heavy my whole life. smallest i got was a size 14, in my early 20's. found my wonderful hubby, got preg. and consistently gained weight for 15 years till today. now when i go into a rest. i ask for a table and prey they have one cause i have a hard time fitting into a booth. the steering wheel of my car is touching my belly, if i keep going the way I am, I won't be able to fit in my car, a dodge neon. My belly sits in my lap, instead of my cat. I would give you a weight but my scale quit after I hit 340. and that was 2 weeks ago. Boy that woke me up!!!! I can't even weigh myself. this is scary!!! I have got to change my way of thinking!!!, My lifestyle!!! I am a hair designer and nail tech. In my industry looks are everything. thats what i get paid to do. I have a wonderful clientel. But know that I am holding myself back, with my insecurities, which is my weight. I love what I do and am GREAT at what I do. but when your in the mall and want to walk in for a haircut, see 2 hairstylist, one skinny and one obese, both dressed nice, hair, make=up done. what goes threw your head? I know it sounds prejudice but i have seen it over and over, in the industry. don't know if it is subcon. or what? So I am here to learn and vent and laugh and do what i need to do to get this weight off!!!! trish
Old 03-23-2011, 03:52 PM
FitDay Member

And just like that I'm down another 2 pounds! That brings my total to 30 pounds. It feels good to drop to the next "decade."

Old 03-24-2011, 03:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by trish32123
Hi all I'm new to this site and started tracking today, I like how it's set up. I too have to loose more then 100#. first day wasn't so great. but i am making it threw!!! i have a hard time sticking with it. do good for a couple days and fall of the wagon, I'm ready to be done with looking like this. been heavy my whole life. smallest i got was a size 14, in my early 20's. found my wonderful hubby, got preg. and consistently gained weight for 15 years till today. now when i go into a rest. i ask for a table and prey they have one cause i have a hard time fitting into a booth. the steering wheel of my car is touching my belly, if i keep going the way I am, I won't be able to fit in my car, a dodge neon. My belly sits in my lap, instead of my cat. I would give you a weight but my scale quit after I hit 340. and that was 2 weeks ago. Boy that woke me up!!!! I can't even weigh myself. this is scary!!! I have got to change my way of thinking!!!, My lifestyle!!! I am a hair designer and nail tech. In my industry looks are everything. thats what i get paid to do. I have a wonderful clientel. But know that I am holding myself back, with my insecurities, which is my weight. I love what I do and am GREAT at what I do. but when your in the mall and want to walk in for a haircut, see 2 hairstylist, one skinny and one obese, both dressed nice, hair, make=up done. what goes threw your head? I know it sounds prejudice but i have seen it over and over, in the industry. don't know if it is subcon. or what? So I am here to learn and vent and laugh and do what i need to do to get this weight off!!!! trish
Hi Trish--welcome to FitDay and the forums!

I hear ya' about the prejudice--it's certainly real and I'm sad to say I've had those feelings myself (both getting and giving). It's sure wrong, and I'm the last one in the world who should have those feelings, but it is what it is.

I think most of us in this thread can related to everything you mention--why does McDonald's provide us with all that tasty, fat producing crap yet make us force our bellies into tiny booths!

Anyway, it sounds like you've decided to get rid of your unwanted weight. Do you have an eating and exercise plan? If you would like advice or just support, we're here for you.

200 pounds is daunting, but it can come off fast if you work at it.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.