Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #611 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 14
Default

thanks for the great tip. i put lemon in it and it kind of tastes like watered down lemonade. lol
so far drank 4 glasses.
symphony'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:47 PM   #612 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 48
Default

4 glasses is better than no glasses!! Keep up the great work
__________________
Julieann

Fitday Start weight 263.6 lbs Jan 3/11
Current weight 243.6 May 23
Pounds lost 20

Next mini goal under 230lbs by August 15/11
Mini goal under 250lbs by Feb 14/11 Met!!!
Exercise goal walk/run a 5k by July/11(5min run/2min walk intervals)MET!!!
Ultimate goal 160 Jan 2012


“If at first you don’t succeed, you are running about average.” ~M.H. Alderson
dreamergirl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:34 PM   #613 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Skiboy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by symphony\'smom View Post
im the heavist person on here. what a wake up call
i hate drinking water. is there something i can do?

weight 470lbs march 12
weight 457lbs march 21

ultimate goal
200lbs....im realistic
Don't worry about where you start. Just do it. Try a hypnotist for your hate of water, it worked for me. I have a friend who was in your boat, she has lost 198 pounds in 18 months with 65 to go, it can be done.
__________________
Start - 370 - 1/22/11
339 - 2/25/11
323 - 3/26/11
311 - 4/29/11
308 - 5/21/11
297 - 6/26/11
When Nothing Else Has Worked...Consider Hypnosis
1st Goal - Under 300 - HIT 6/26/11!
4th of July Goal - 290
2nd Goal - 250
Skiboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:36 PM   #614 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CANADA
Posts: 139
Default Yay water

Quote:
Originally Posted by symphony\'smom View Post
thanks for the great tip. i put lemon in it and it kind of tastes like watered down lemonade. lol
so far drank 4 glasses.
Awesome! 4 glasses is awesome. ^-^ I'm so glad you found a way to enjoy/tolerate water
__________________
★Misery, 19, Female, 5'6"★

•Start weight: around 250 on 03/07/2011
•Current weight: 238.0 on 05/23/2011
•Main goal : be 150lb by 03/07/2012

♦Weight lost so far : 12lb

♥Mini goal:
24 pounds lighter (217lb) by July 4th for the Fourth of July 10% challenge! (started challenge at 241.8)
Misery16226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:08 AM   #615 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
Thumbs down Both knee's hurt

I had to stop playing basketball because my knees hurt really bad. I dont know what to do because I just dont want to be fat anymore! I am only eating about 1200 cal a day. Should I cut back more because i am not exercising now! i started out on March 10th at 430lb now as of March 22nd i am 403.5. I just dont want to mess up. please help me!!! mad:
chinyani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:58 AM   #616 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinyani View Post
I had to stop playing basketball because my knees hurt really bad. I dont know what to do because I just dont want to be fat anymore! I am only eating about 1200 cal a day. Should I cut back more because i am not exercising now! i started out on March 10th at 430lb now as of March 22nd i am 403.5. I just dont want to mess up. please help me!!! mad:
Welcome to FitDay and the forums!

Glad to see you. I applaud your 27 pounds off in 12 days--that's awesome!

Man, I can't imagine playing BB back when I was your size--it was all I could do to walk 50 ft.

My knees are pretty bad and I just gotta think you're trying to overdo. How about some simple walking, if you're able? The last thing you want to do is injure yourself badly.

1200 cal is pretty low--the LAST time I lost weight I did 1000 cals and it was fairly tough. This time I stay around 1500 and it's much easier. The weight has still come off pretty fast--somewhere around 175 since last May.

At your size your likely burning 4000 cals or more a day anyway so I think 1200 is fine, but it's your call. Do make sure you continue drinking lots of water and move around as much as you can.

Keep us posted as to how you're doing--we understand where you're at and what you're going through.

Regards,
Michael
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #617 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinyani View Post
I had to stop playing basketball because my knees hurt really bad. I dont know what to do because I just dont want to be fat anymore! I am only eating about 1200 cal a day. Should I cut back more because i am not exercising now! i started out on March 10th at 430lb now as of March 22nd i am 403.5. I just dont want to mess up. please help me!!! mad:
Welcome.
Have you seen a professional about your knees to find out what the problem is?

I have knee problems as well and I saw a Physiotherapist for it. Apparently my problem is that my outside thigh muscles are stronger than my inside thigh muscles, this is causing my kneecaps to be pulled slightly outward. I was given some stretching exercises as well as some exercises to strengthen my inside thigh muscles. You should try to find out what the specific problem is so that you know what to do about it.

As for exercises, I find walking, biking and swiming fairly easy on the knees. For me it is very important that I stretch all of the muscles around the knees before and after each workout.
__________________
Starting Weight - 295 - 09-Feb-11
April Fool's Goal - 180

Current Weight - 201
Mark
DancinBear2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:27 AM   #618 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6
Default New need to loose 200#

Hi all I'm new to this site and started tracking today, I like how it's set up. I too have to loose more then 100#. first day wasn't so great. but i am making it threw!!! i have a hard time sticking with it. do good for a couple days and fall of the wagon, I'm ready to be done with looking like this. been heavy my whole life. smallest i got was a size 14, in my early 20's. found my wonderful hubby, got preg. and consistently gained weight for 15 years till today. now when i go into a rest. i ask for a table and prey they have one cause i have a hard time fitting into a booth. the steering wheel of my car is touching my belly, if i keep going the way I am, I won't be able to fit in my car, a dodge neon. My belly sits in my lap, instead of my cat. I would give you a weight but my scale quit after I hit 340. and that was 2 weeks ago. Boy that woke me up!!!! I can't even weigh myself. this is scary!!! I have got to change my way of thinking!!!, My lifestyle!!! I am a hair designer and nail tech. In my industry looks are everything. thats what i get paid to do. I have a wonderful clientel. But know that I am holding myself back, with my insecurities, which is my weight. I love what I do and am GREAT at what I do. but when your in the mall and want to walk in for a haircut, see 2 hairstylist, one skinny and one obese, both dressed nice, hair, make=up done. what goes threw your head? I know it sounds prejudice but i have seen it over and over, in the industry. don't know if it is subcon. or what? So I am here to learn and vent and laugh and do what i need to do to get this weight off!!!! trish
trish32123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:52 AM   #619 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
VirusInside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 156
Default

And just like that I'm down another 2 pounds! That brings my total to 30 pounds. It feels good to drop to the next "decade."

__________________
Start weight: 358 lbs
Current weight: 294 lbs
Goal weight: 210 lbs
VirusInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #620 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trish32123 View Post
Hi all I'm new to this site and started tracking today, I like how it's set up. I too have to loose more then 100#. first day wasn't so great. but i am making it threw!!! i have a hard time sticking with it. do good for a couple days and fall of the wagon, I'm ready to be done with looking like this. been heavy my whole life. smallest i got was a size 14, in my early 20's. found my wonderful hubby, got preg. and consistently gained weight for 15 years till today. now when i go into a rest. i ask for a table and prey they have one cause i have a hard time fitting into a booth. the steering wheel of my car is touching my belly, if i keep going the way I am, I won't be able to fit in my car, a dodge neon. My belly sits in my lap, instead of my cat. I would give you a weight but my scale quit after I hit 340. and that was 2 weeks ago. Boy that woke me up!!!! I can't even weigh myself. this is scary!!! I have got to change my way of thinking!!!, My lifestyle!!! I am a hair designer and nail tech. In my industry looks are everything. thats what i get paid to do. I have a wonderful clientel. But know that I am holding myself back, with my insecurities, which is my weight. I love what I do and am GREAT at what I do. but when your in the mall and want to walk in for a haircut, see 2 hairstylist, one skinny and one obese, both dressed nice, hair, make=up done. what goes threw your head? I know it sounds prejudice but i have seen it over and over, in the industry. don't know if it is subcon. or what? So I am here to learn and vent and laugh and do what i need to do to get this weight off!!!! trish
Hi Trish--welcome to FitDay and the forums!

I hear ya' about the prejudice--it's certainly real and I'm sad to say I've had those feelings myself (both getting and giving). It's sure wrong, and I'm the last one in the world who should have those feelings, but it is what it is.

I think most of us in this thread can related to everything you mention--why does McDonald's provide us with all that tasty, fat producing crap yet make us force our bellies into tiny booths!

Anyway, it sounds like you've decided to get rid of your unwanted weight. Do you have an eating and exercise plan? If you would like advice or just support, we're here for you.

200 pounds is daunting, but it can come off fast if you work at it.

Regards,
Michael
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
http://modamarket.cv.ua

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2