Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Originally Posted by mecompco
Here's a thread in which I share some of my fasting experiences:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...8-fasting.html

I'm not convinced it is the best solution to weight loss, but one thing you can be sure of, if you don't eat, you WILL lose weight (and, of course, eventually starve to death).

Regards,
Michael

THANK YOU !
This is great. If I fast it wouldn't be to lose weight, it would be to cleanse. I just wanted to make sure it doesn't effect metabolism or muscles. And from what I've read on that thread, seems like metabolism doesn't just slow down as easily as some people suggest.
I'm going to start of with a very short fast = with in a week I plan to ease in and out of the fast. With the start being just raw foods, then just juice, then water, then back to juice, then back to raw foods... then back to regular. This may not be the most cleansing, but I think it will help my mind understand the process better. After this I may or may not try a longer more physically effective fast. Just need to try it at least.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:33 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Weigh in results! WOOOO

WEIGH IN TODAY!

Results: 242.2 OMG I've lost 3.6 pounds YAYYY
I also measured myself again! And total I've lost 12.5 total inches of body size, more if I were to count both legs, and both arms.. but I just followed fitdays measurement list. I've lost 4 inches off my waist since I started, that's 2 inches a week !!!! There's a theory that the waist should be 10 inches smaller then the hips and chest.. !!! I'm almost there! chest = 48.5 Waist= 38 Hips = 48 YIPPEE no longer completely round, I has a noticeable shape! I'm a girl! lol
Okay so this isn't that amazing, I'm just easily impressed today! I could be measuring slightly wrong to, if I'm not measuring in the exact same places as before, but I'm pretty confident that I remember the exact location of the previous measurements. 12.5 inches seems like a huge amount of size!
*happy dance*
Going to go try on some of my old clothes that were getting too tight.

Just have 92 pounds left to go....
Old 03-21-2011, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

Default i feel bad

im the heavist person on here. what a wake up call
i hate drinking water. is there something i can do?

weight 470lbs march 12
weight 457lbs march 21

ultimate goal
200lbs....im realistic
Old 03-21-2011, 03:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by symphony\'smom

weight 470lbs march 12
weight 457lbs march 21

ultimate goal
200lbs....im realistic
Welcome,
You can flavor your water with several low-calorie things such as:

Mint
Cucumber
lemon
lime
grapefruit

Cut these things up and put into your water and it will flavor it, and there are also several extracts you can buy and just put 1 drop in with your water.
Or you can make tea without adding sugar pr honey... (or you can add stevia)

Hope this helps, other then this I'm not sure what you could do.. Also you might enjoy filtered water using a Brita filter ? It takes out some of the taste in tap water.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:36 PM
FitDay Premium Member

weight 470lbs march 12
weight 457lbs march 21

ultimate goal
200lbs....im realistic
Hi, I see you made it over here--welcome!

Don't despair--as I mentioned, I've lived most of my life between 300 and 500 pounds so I understand.

Once you commit and your weight loss switch gets flipped "on", you'll drop weight amazingly fast.

As Misery mentions, you can flavor your water--I used to use Crystal Lite. But, I recommend just simply getting used to it. If your water is nasty, invest in a filter. I generally drink ice water as it makes your body burn a few more calories to warm it up.

I drink at least 1 gallon of water a day--within reason, the more you drink, the faster you'll lose (and yes, you'll pee A LOT).

Really, a reasonable intake of "GOOD" calories, some sort of exercise (when you're able) and lots of water is my "secret" to weight loss.

Keep us posted as to your progress, and never, NEVER give up!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-22-2011, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

weight 470lbs march 12
weight 457lbs march 21

ultimate goal
200lbs....im realistic
Did you really loose 13 pounds in 9 days? Wow!
If you keep that up you wont be the heaviest person here for long.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DancinBear2
Did you really loose 13 pounds in 9 days? Wow!
If you keep that up you wont be the heaviest person here for long.
That's one of the few advantages to being really heavy--you can lose weight FAST! When I was over 400 my daily calorie burn figured over 4,000 calories--cut your calorie intake to 1000 and your deficit equals almost a pound a day, not to mention the vast amount of fluid that your body starts to release once you give it chance.

It's certainly not unheard of to drop 40, 50 lbs or more the first month if you're really heavy.

Regards,
Michael

PS Mark, I see you're also chuggin' right along--that April 1 goal looks good!
Old 03-22-2011, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

I started my weight loss journey on Jan 2nd. I weighed 250 lbs. On March 18th I weighed 217.5. My goal is to weigh 135 pounds by Christmas. Wish me luck.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

I love all the encouragement that everyone gives on this site!

Yesterday was my one month weigh in....and so far I have lost 17.6 lbs and 4.75" just around my waist (only measuring I have done)!! Let's just say...I am pretty tickled and my hubby is so proud of what I have done. Now to keep it going!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!

I’m new here but it makes a while that I’m reading you and I love this topic.

It’s really nice to see people who are in the same boat of you with a lot of weight to lose.

It’s also nice to see people in that boat having really nice results like mecompco, munchkkin, virusinside and all the others...

Congratulation for your new habits guys!

So, I started my weight loss at 265 and my healthy weight is between 111 and 150 pounds. On March 14th I weighed 218 and my next weighing is April 14th and my goal is to be down to 210.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.