Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 11:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Over 200 pounds. That's incredible. When are we gonna get to see some before & after shots Michael?

Just promise you'll stick around here even after you meet your goal.
Well, that's a guesstimate. After 6 weeks of 1500 calories I was at 393 lbs (my scale only goes up to 400) so based on what I was losing and what others have lost I estimate I was somewhere around 440 or so to start (certainly could have been a bit less or a bit more).

The charts say my highest "healthy" weight is around 175 pounds so 440-175 is 265 lbs overweight. Last Saturday I was at 265 lbs so that's more-or-lesss 175 lbs lost since May 4th, 2010.

So, my plan is to post some photos on May 4th, my one year anniversary of coming back to FitDay and starting on this journey.

Regards,
Michael

PS I'll be here a LONG time. My ultimate goal is to use FitDay to maintain my loss and not go into remission like I did last time.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hey jen..thanks for the advice. It's really nice of you to take that time to catch up on everyone's posts. Great job losing all that weight already.

I hardly eat potato of any bread/starches anymore, when I have carbs its from vegetables, or sometimes flour tortillas (still better then bread! and it holds more of the good stuff inside so i only need 1 ) . Lately I have been switching more to protein, having 1 whole egg, and 1 egg white scrambled for breakfast, I noticed the little scrambled egg pieces make me eat slower too..& even though it looks like a small amount of food while I eat it, I usually don't feel hungry again till 2pm and by then I'm eating lunch. I'm going to focus on eating protein as much as possible. As for my calorie limit, since then I've boosted it to 1300, sometimes I go over by 10 -30 calories of course other times I stay under 1300 too, I find it much easier to stay in that general amount. Also have been exercising every day except for 1... So far its been 11 days, and I only skipped 1 of those days. It may not seem like a long time for most people, but my previous record was 5 days straight of exercise, with 4 days off... then 3 days exercise... then 1 month off. So I'm doing well compared only to myself. I'm not going to raise my calorie intake again, considering I want the fast results and i feel that 1300 is more then reasonable for myself to be eating, when I get into the 100's I will lower my calories to 1100-1200 and try again with that. Also trying to build more muscle so I may even be able to stay at 1300 and have enough muscle to burn any extra calories my body wants to store

I'm really excited for my next weigh-in since it's pretty much my first real weigh in. First one was a disaster because I found out my scale is inaccurate. But this time the scale I'm using is accurate and I just am so excited to see how much I've lost this week!
Old 03-17-2011, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default :) Amazing!

Originally Posted by mecompco
Last Saturday I was at 265 lbs so that's more-or-lesss 175 lbs lost since May 4th, 2010.
this is so incredible!!!!! Great job, and I'm glad you will be sticking around even when you are at your goal.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:11 PM
FitDay Member

Michael, I love that term "in remission" - how better to explain the yoyo cycle?
A quick little 'success' of mine - I went to the park with the kids today and actually could fit my behind into the slide!

Juliann

Last edited by dreamergirl27; 03-18-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:53 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dreamergirl27
Michael, I love that term "in remission" - how better to explain the yoyo cycle?
A quick little 'success' of mine - I went to the park with the kids today and actually could fit my behind into the slide!

Juliann
That's awesome! Playgrounds and amusement parks are much more fun when you can actually fit into the equipment/rides rather than just walk painfully around and watch everyone else have fun.

Keep up the great work!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-19-2011, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

It looks like I'm getting set back a little bit. An old knee injury has struck again after playing some DDR* last night. A few years ago I experienced a total patellar dislocation, and while playing last night I kind of twisted it back out again. It was only partial, and it went back into place on it's own. I'm only having some soreness now, but I'm gonna have to stay off it for a little while. And not to mention I'll be afraid to play DDR again for a while (and DDR is the only exercise I actually ENJOY doing). I'm gonna look into getting a brace for when I play in the future, but for now this really sucks.

Just getting that off my chest. Feeling really frustrated today.

*DDR - Dance Dance Revolution
Old 03-19-2011, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hey VirusInside, just wanted to offer you my sympathy and encouragement. I have a weak ankle that just randomly "rolls over" and, if it's bad enough, can set me back a few days exercise-wise. I can definitely relate to the once-bitten twice-shy feeling - one time, it happened while I was doing a Leslie Sansone dvd and I was scared to attempt her again. But I did, and so far, so good. But maybe you could use this as a reason to check out some other kinds of exercise while you work your courage back up to DDR, especially since you said DDR was the only kind of exercise you like.

Don't be scared by my ankle story - Leslie Sansone's "Walk-at-Home" dvds are really low-impact and, I think, a lot of fun. You can also vary it to your desired intensity by simply going faster or slower, "digging in" (i.e., bending at the knees more, that kind of thing), etc. I'm sure she's on YouTube if you wanna see what she's about - admittedly, it's a bit hokey, but I think she's sweet and sincere and her silly comments make the workout go by pretty quick.

Just my 2 cents - hope you feel better soon.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

Ugh, Yesterday my brother came over, they ordered pizza. Of course i ended up eatting like 2000 calories that day. My calorie limit 1300 = I ate all of in my 4 peices of pizza. Not including Santa fe ranch dip. And my breakfast& lunch I ate before that. I know i should have only had 1 peice of pizza, but I haven't had it in so long, for some reason I couldnt control myself ! so delicious. I also didn't exercise because my family was in the same room as the ellyptical machine, and I can't exercise in front of other people.
Anyways so to combat that, I'm eating only 500-600 calories today !
So far I've had scrambled egg whites and ketchup, some tea. For supper I'm going to have a SMALL bowl of stir fried vegetables (without any stirfry sauce) and some lean beef strips. Oppisite of yesterday's menu
Hopefully my weigh in tomorrow will reflect today, rather then yesterday.

Just curious, what are people veiws on fasting ?
I've heard it does amazing things to our bodies, and to our self-dicipline.
But i'm curious if the results are like a crash diet ? Any weight you lose during a 1 week fast or longer, will you go into "starvation mode" and gain all of it back, and more.. when you are finished the fast ? Just want some real peoples opinions.
I've been thinking of doing a raw-food week, then a raw-juice week, then just water for 3-4 days. Supposed to cleanse the body. Think this type of thing will interfere with my weight loss plans?
Old 03-20-2011, 09:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
It looks like I'm getting set back a little bit. An old knee injury has struck again after playing some DDR* last night. A few years ago I experienced a total patellar dislocation, and while playing last night I kind of twisted it back out again. It was only partial, and it went back into place on it's own. I'm only having some soreness now, but I'm gonna have to stay off it for a little while. And not to mention I'll be afraid to play DDR again for a while (and DDR is the only exercise I actually ENJOY doing). I'm gonna look into getting a brace for when I play in the future, but for now this really sucks.

Just getting that off my chest. Feeling really frustrated today.

*DDR - Dance Dance Revolution
YIKES!
I hope your knee feels much better soon!!!
DDR is fun, but I always played with the controller .. lol
I think if you got a knee brace/knee tension band your leg might be better off during exercise. Maybe in the mean time, work on weight lifting, and muscle building in your torso ? Can you still do sit ups/crunches ? Some stretches ? Muscle building is way underestimated, and I'm sure that will help prevent weight gain while you are healing. I have some kind of wrist arthritis or carpal tunnel (self-diagnosed) and have to wear wrist braces whenever I draw or do any art. It really helps reduce the pain.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Misery16226
Just curious, what are people veiws on fasting ?
I've heard it does amazing things to our bodies, and to our self-dicipline.
But i'm curious if the results are like a crash diet ? Any weight you lose during a 1 week fast or longer, will you go into "starvation mode" and gain all of it back, and more.. when you are finished the fast ? Just want some real peoples opinions.
I've been thinking of doing a raw-food week, then a raw-juice week, then just water for 3-4 days. Supposed to cleanse the body. Think this type of thing will interfere with my weight loss plans?
Here's a thread in which I share some of my fasting experiences:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...8-fasting.html

I'm not convinced it is the best solution to weight loss, but one thing you can be sure of, if you don't eat, you WILL lose weight (and, of course, eventually starve to death).

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.