Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 12:17 PM
FitDay Member

Hmm...quick reply...we'll see how this goes!
I'm Rose and I started back in February, have lost about 8 lbs. What keeps me going is that my father was so large, he became incapacitated after age 70. He lived 12 more years but he was so large he couldn't walk. His legs just couldn't hold his weight. Diabetes took one foot before he died. I saw him suffer so much, and I've got 25 years to turn my life around and learn from his suffering.

Amazingly at my weight of 260 and height of 5'8", I don't have diabetes. I do have high blood pressure. By next February I will be down 50 lbs. I'd be happy as hell to go down 100 lbs in 2 years, When I figure out how to do all the fancy stuff, I'll keep track of that. God bless and good luck to us all!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 04:15 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, I'm sorry about your dad rosabw. You really are making the best decision to learn from his mistakes. Good job making a realistic goal, and I'm sure you will get there even sooner then you think.

As for an update about me = I've gotten a new scale.. Well its actually an old scale my mom had buried in her closet and it works great, 100% consistent. I am 1.2 pounds heavier with my clothes on. My mom tried it and it is accurate for her. So I now have a good scale to depend on my readings. If my other scale was correct and i really was 250.6 .. I have lost about 5 pounds. This new scale says I am 245.8. This is great. Whether i truly lost 5 pounds or was never 250 in the first place.. I am glad to see a lower number.
Having a good scale should be put on the MUST HAVES for losing weight. Not knowing for sure, and having the stability of numbers taken away from me, really messed with my emotions. I wanted to give up.
I think for me I always want to give up, when I get hit with a disappointment a part of me really wants to use that to trick myself into giving up 'with good reason'. I'm glad I stuck to eating healthy even though I didn't do my exercise today. Thanks everyone again for everything. Sorry for being so negative earlier. I was a mess and I really have nobody else to talk to about all these experiences. Maybe they should have a venting thread? Or a place for the emotional side of this journey ? IDK I really embarrassed myself a lot.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

First of all, congratulations for not giving up! That is the hardest thing ever. You can get slightly derailed but please don't give up. The other thing I wanted to tell you is that if you truly worked as hard at it as you say you did, it is not unheard of to lose that much your first week so maybe your scale wasn't that wrong. I lost 6.8lbs my first week. I weigh a lot more than you do but it is possible.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
First of all, congratulations for not giving up! That is the hardest thing ever. You can get slightly derailed but please don't give up. The other thing I wanted to tell you is that if you truly worked as hard at it as you say you did, it is not unheard of to lose that much your first week so maybe your scale wasn't that wrong. I lost 6.8lbs my first week. I weigh a lot more than you do but it is possible.
Thank you !
Yea I got derailed a little, but now that I have a proper scale, I feel much more on track and focused. I know that I at least lost 1 pound because I did lose some inches. I'm going to work really hard again this week and am excited to be able to see some accurate evidence of my efforts.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Rosa,
I can relate...my father was a double amputee by the time he died. Three of my brothers have diabetis, but I've been lucky so far. Started my weight loss program at 244 and am now at 219; some people would think 20# is a long way to go to reach the 100's; not me, I can almost smell it, it's so close.
Hope you stay with this thread, it's great.
Lois
Old 03-15-2011, 09:59 AM
FitDay Member

Today was the date to meet my next mini goal - unfortunately I was off by 4lbs. I'm not sure what to do next - I know I need to recalculate for another mini goal, but not sure how do do it. My original plan was 10 lbs a month, aiming to be under the 10's. Should I add a couple weeks to my next goal date to account for the extra 4 lbs?? As it stands now the next mini goal is to be under 230 by April 14th.

On a postive note, I'm down 19 lbs since Jan 3rd!

Julieann

Last edited by dreamergirl27; 03-15-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dreamergirl27
Today was the date to meet my next mini goal - unfortunately I was off by 4lbs. I'm not sure what to do next - I know I need to recalculate for another mini goal, but not sure how do do it. My original plan was 10 lbs a month, aiming to be under the 10's. Should I add a couple weeks to my next goal date to account for the extra 4 lbs?? As it stands now the next mini goal is to be under 230 by April 14th.

On a postive note, I'm down 19 lbs since Jan 3rd!

Julieann
Julieann, our bodies don't always do what we want them to, do they?

Why not make it under 230 by May 1st? Six weeks ought to be enough to lose 14 pounds if you work at it.

Regards,
Michael

PS Congrats on the 19 pounds, that's great!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

New mini goal - under 230 by May 1st. Thanks for the support Michael

I seem to have the food part going fairly well, it's the exercise that gets me However, I just bought a treadmill - if I make it more convenient it will happen, right??

Julieann
Old 03-15-2011, 09:11 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dreamergirl27
New mini goal - under 230 by May 1st. Thanks for the support Michael

I seem to have the food part going fairly well, it's the exercise that gets me However, I just bought a treadmill - if I make it more convenient it will happen, right??

Julieann
I think the food part is the most important, so that's great--you can't out-exercise a bad diet.

I agree that the more convenient exercise is, the more apt you are to stick with it. Personally, I do best with a consistant, set time to exercise. If I can do it "anytime", that often translates into "never", if you know what I mean.

Pick a set time, every day, and just DO IT. That's what I do--don't think about it, just DO IT!

Once food, exercise and water intake are happening weight loss really takes off.

Keep up the great work!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-16-2011, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

the one thing i notice with weight loss shows, most people are really fat. but they never seem to take in that they are building muscle at the same time. so that can also be a reason why you don't meet your weigh loss goals

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.