Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 03:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Misery16226
I'm glad that the sagging skin isn't a guarantee.
I have to keep telling myself that being slim/healthy is worth any skin problems too And throw any fears and excuses out as soon as I think of them
I am/WAS! the type to make a lot of excuses and problems for myself.
^^Just one habit I'm going to kick. Maybe start seeing the bright side--AND BELIEVING IT IS REAL ..more often. I also gotta stop exaggerating the negatives.
<3
It's wise you're doing this now. I lost oh, 150 lbs or so when I was 19/20 and the excess skin wasn't bad at all. When I did the same thing 15 years later, well, it wasn't so good. Of course, now another 10 years later it's just as bad, if not worse.

So, the moral of the story is that I think you'll be pretty well off this time, and make sure to keep the weight off because "next time" it will likely be much worse.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-10-2011, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Misery16226
Thanks for replying taubele.. I'm very glad to know that they do fade!
The ones have are actually lighter then new ones would be.. since i've had them since i was about 9 years old. Also there are lasor therepies for stretchmarks to make them even less noticable... that i might concider after i get to a healthy body weight. Congrats on making it to your mini goal under 200 must feel great.
Misery - It does, thank you I sort of can't believe it happened, but it's nowhere near my real goal. I'm just going to grin and keep working!

And that's true about the skin therapies, and I agree to wait until you've got your body where you want it. A few stretchmarks and saggy skin are wonderful to have compared to all that extra weight.

You're doing fantastically, good for you for jumping in! I hope you start to see those stretchmarks leaving you soon!

~Terri
Old 03-10-2011, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks again everyone for your encouragment, support, and inspiration.
Today i'm facing a new challenge.
O.O DELICIOUS TREATS!
So my mom goes out and comes back with .. not 1 bucket.... BUT 2, of my favourite flavours of Frozen yogurt. Which btw isn't much healther then ICECREAM. .. at 120 calories for only 1/2 a cup, it is challenging me to a duel for sure. Every time i think about "what to have for supper" This pops into my head

Badself = "I could eat 400 calories worth of frozen yogurt instead of supper!"

Goodself = "no i gotta eat something nutritious!"
Badself= "I could take an extra multi vitimin!"
Goodself = "if you taste this stuff... you are going to eat this everyday aren't you?"
Badself = "HELL YEA XD !!! "
Goodself = *throws grenades at bad self*

ITS A WAR !!!

How do i control myself ..
Does anyone here ever give into these temptations ?

I think i'm gunna have to fit my favourite treat into my calory limit and just have to skip meals or eat very very calory-wise meals. Like plain lettuce for supper.
Gosh

gunna go work out now, maybe if i burn off more then 120 calories extra i can have some ... -_- sigh

Last edited by Misery16226; 03-10-2011 at 08:22 AM. Reason: added more.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

My advice, is to indulge. But control your indulgence, don't let it control you (which in my experience is just what'll eventually happen if you suppress the cravings long enough). Go ahead have a serving every now and then. Just be sure to log the calories for it, and you'll be fine. I've lost 23 pounds since Jan 20th, and I've denied myself nothing.

Just be careful, and don't let that indulgence become compulsion. Measure out your servings and log all the calories. AND DON'T SKIP MEALS. If you're not allowing yourself enough calories to have an occasional treat in the mix, or to allot some headroom for the occasional hiccup, then you might need to up your daily calories. I eat up to 1800 every day (rarely reach it though). I'd say aim for at least 14 or 1500 calories a day. I've always been told 1200 as the absolute bottom limit.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

There are some foods I know I have a really hard time not overindulging in. If I am absolutely dying for them I'll go buy one serving, then I'm not tempted to finish the whole pkg. Harder when someone else is bringing the food into the house though.

On another note... I hit the last hole on my belt today..

Julieann
Old 03-10-2011, 09:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
My advice, is to indulge. But control your indulgence, don't let it control you (which in my experience is just what'll eventually happen if you suppress the cravings long enough). Go ahead have a serving every now and then. Just be sure to log the calories for it, and you'll be fine. I've lost 23 pounds since Jan 20th, and I've denied myself nothing.

Just be careful, and don't let that indulgence become compulsion. Measure out your servings and log all the calories. AND DON'T SKIP MEALS. If you're not allowing yourself enough calories to have an occasional treat in the mix, or to allot some headroom for the occasional hiccup, then you might need to up your daily calories. I eat up to 1800 every day (rarely reach it though). I'd say aim for at least 14 or 1500 calories a day. I've always been told 1200 as the absolute bottom limit.
Thanks, I probably will just have some.. or else i might stress on it or romanticize it and be obsessed when its not that big of a deal. Thanks for talking some sense into me ....

I usually would finish a 2 liter bucket within a week, having a huge bowl everyday till its gone.. luckily we don't buy it often or I would be 350lbs right now.
So having 1/2 a cup once in a while is a big improvement. (ice-cream/frozen yogurt are my fav junk foods)

My absolute calorie limit is 1200 trying for 1100, I'm female, I'm a very inactive type of person so I think I don't really NEED more then that. I literally don't do anything other then shower, house chores, and now daily 30 min exercise where I only burn 250 calories at most. My bad-self and good-self have come to an agreement =Today since I plan to indulge I'm going to push myself for an extra 10 min of running. Which will burn about 80 more calories. Then I can look forward to still losing weight and not gaining.
Also won't eat anything else with high amount of sugars today.
This is my first food enemy day. Good-thing I passed on pancakes this morning and had a healthy breakfast and lunch.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dreamergirl27

On another note... I hit the last hole on my belt today..

Julieann
APPLAUSE !!!!!!
Time to buy a SMALLER BELT ! Or a hole puncher?
that must feel so awesome to know you can't even use your belt soon. Which means you can probably fit smaller pants too
Good job!!!!!!!!!

Added an hour later ish =

BTW I just did my 40 min work out (10 mins walking, then 30 mins running) and I went 1 whole extra mile then the past 3 days, and burned more then 100 extra calories then the past 3 days. So that frozen yogurt's 120 calories, I made up for by working out more YAY! no guilt.
and I feel pretty good that each day I can run a little more/faster!

Last edited by Misery16226; 03-10-2011 at 10:33 AM. Reason: added a paragragh, didnt want to make another post.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default Milestones are great motivation....

Good day, my fitday freinds.

Welcome to all the newcomers and retreads.

It has been awhile since I have been on the site...I have been challenged with back spasms and long days at work. Definiately not a good combination as both lead to stress. The bad news is the pain and time limitation have limited my workouts and the limited workouts, don't support my back recovery...what a vicious circle. On the other hand, my calorie deficiet countinues to be in the 1,000 calorie range, my pie chart is bang on almost every day, and my water intake is doing well. I am amazed at the correlation between my rate of wieght loss with water in take and protien intake, when I let this slip, the weight loss slows down.

What a great motivation when you get results. Today, I weighed in at 253. I screamed for joy realizing that I am close to breaking the 250lb mark. Although my goal is 155, I am amazed and proud at the progress todate. I actually have less than 100lbs to go. I trust, this success (however, small) does not remove one from the 100+ pounds to loose club.

Well got to go and try to work out before going back to work..have a great night and keep on the downward trend everyone.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:22 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
Good day, my fitday freinds.

Welcome to all the newcomers and retreads.

It has been awhile since I have been on the site...I have been challenged with back spasms and long days at work. Definiately not a good combination as both lead to stress. The bad news is the pain and time limitation have limited my workouts and the limited workouts, don't support my back recovery...what a vicious circle. On the other hand, my calorie deficiet countinues to be in the 1,000 calorie range, my pie chart is bang on almost every day, and my water intake is doing well. I am amazed at the correlation between my rate of wieght loss with water in take and protien intake, when I let this slip, the weight loss slows down.

What a great motivation when you get results. Today, I weighed in at 253. I screamed for joy realizing that I am close to breaking the 250lb mark. Although my goal is 155, I am amazed and proud at the progress todate. I actually have less than 100lbs to go. I trust, this success (however, small) does not remove one from the 100+ pounds to loose club.

Well got to go and try to work out before going back to work..have a great night and keep on the downward trend everyone.
Well, I'm not suprised at your success!

I sound like a broken record when I say BIG deficits, reasonable protein, gobs of water and a healthy dose of sticktooitiveness are the keys to aggressive weight loss and you've done that even with your back problems--well done!

Now, let's see that scale go under 250!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-10-2011, 11:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by loisann5
With only needing to lose 81#, I didn't feel qualified to be posting on your website. However, I have to say I read every post and been very motivated to stay the course because of you. Thanks. Lois
Lois, please feel free to join us--we'd love to have you on board. Just 'cause you're a skinnie minnie we won't hold that against you!

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.