Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #501 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CANADA
Posts: 139
Default

Good job losing almost 10 pounds in only 2 weeks, that's really a great start wildbeanerz!

I have just finished a 30 min work out, I pushed myself hard today .. felt like I was going to puke after .. but even if I don't lose weight right away, I know I will improve my fitness everyday and not feel so bummed out towards exercise!
I'm glad I quit smoking 6 months ago or I'd probably be having an even harder time running. I did better today than yesterday . Yesterday I did 6 mins of jogging, then 20 mins a few hours later.. I couldn't push myself past the first 6 minutes that first time. Eating a healthier breakfast today probably helped. and I've already drank 5 cups of water today. For dinner I'm going to eat a salad, with organic romaine lettuce, baby tomatoes, and cucumber, with a fillet of dill seasoned salmon. The only bad part is the salad dressing, I'll only use a tiny bit. It helps to say it publicly so I don't cheat. When I keep my plans to myself I don't take them as seriously. I'm going to come here everyday.
I really hope I don't annoy anyone !
&& by the way.. how do you make that signature Michael ? .. I'd like to make one too if that's okay. <3
___________________________
Your signature that looks like this ..
with your weight loss awesomeness
and your goals
Do you type this every time or is there a way to make that permanent ??
I'm a noob

~Misery
Misery16226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:09 PM   #502 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery16226 View Post
It helps to say it publicly so I don't cheat. When I keep my plans to myself I don't take them as seriously. I'm going to come here everyday.

I really hope I don't annoy anyone !
&& by the way.. how do you make that signature Michael ? .. I'd like to make one too if that's okay. <3
___________________________
Your signature that looks like this ..
with your weight loss awesomeness
and your goals
Do you type this every time or is there a way to make that permanent ??
I'm a noob

~Misery
Post as much as you like--I do .

Make sure to log everything, even "cheats". Personally, I allow myself one day a month "off" where anything goes (though I still log it). That way there is no "cheating" and I also don't have to worry about being "perfect". Just an idea.

To set up a signature, click the User CP link in the blue bar and go down to the Signature choice. You have to type everything in, and update it manually but it will show up in every post.

Regards,
Michael
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:18 PM   #503 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CANADA
Posts: 139
Default

Thanks I will.
Maybe i'll have an anything goes day too... But i'll let it happen randomly lol, If i do mess up i'll say that day was my 'cheat day' ", then I can just shrug it off and get improving. Making a signature now.
I'm glad I can just come here and chat whenever and however much I want
^-^ Also very glad you are here to reply. You seem like you are a very pleasantly kind, and wise person Michael.

~Misery
Misery16226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:22 PM   #504 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
VirusInside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 156
Default

Welcome to the club! This place is amazing. Log your food, cut the calories, and you WILL lose weight. Stick around, and don't be a stranger. There's a lot of good info and support on these forums, so be sure to take advantage of it.

Good luck!
__________________
Start weight: 358 lbs
Current weight: 294 lbs
Goal weight: 210 lbs
VirusInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:41 PM   #505 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CANADA
Posts: 139
Default

Thank you VirusInside.
I definately won't be a starnger here. This site is very helpful and the people seem so nice ^-^
Goodjob on your progress so far!
__________________
★Misery, 19, Female, 5'6"★

•Start weight: around 250 on 03/07/2011
•Current weight: 238.0 on 05/23/2011
•Main goal : be 150lb by 03/07/2012

♦Weight lost so far : 12lb

♥Mini goal:
24 pounds lighter (217lb) by July 4th for the Fourth of July 10% challenge! (started challenge at 241.8)
Misery16226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:00 AM   #506 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 48
Default

Does anyone have any tips on getting motivated to exercise? I keep starting.... problem is I also keep stopping!

I'd like to say a hi to all the newcomers, welcome and good luck

Julieann
__________________
Julieann

Fitday Start weight 263.6 lbs Jan 3/11
Current weight 243.6 May 23
Pounds lost 20

Next mini goal under 230lbs by August 15/11
Mini goal under 250lbs by Feb 14/11 Met!!!
Exercise goal walk/run a 5k by July/11(5min run/2min walk intervals)MET!!!
Ultimate goal 160 Jan 2012


“If at first you don’t succeed, you are running about average.” ~M.H. Alderson

Last edited by dreamergirl27; 03-09-2011 at 01:03 AM.
dreamergirl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:33 AM   #507 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CANADA
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamergirl27 View Post
Does anyone have any tips on getting motivated to exercise? I keep starting.... problem is I also keep stopping!

I'd like to say a hi to all the newcomers, welcome and good luck

Julieann
I'm new to this, and I've done a lot of 1 week exercise, 1 month no exercise..
But this time I'm super motivated. I need to do as much as I possibly can to make that 100+ pounds go and I won't give up this time. I was watching some random celebrity fitness thing .. and some celebrities have to work out 4 hours a day. Athletes work out almost constantly. I am having to catch my breath after i run up 2 flights of stairs. There is overwhelming health problems if i stay this way. When I'm exercising i think about all of this.

Try to think when your muscles are burning, that this pain is going to prevent more pain in the future .. Like joint problems, heart problems, even cancer.
Every bit of sweat that you shed, is literally rinsing the toxins out of your body out of your pores. Most of our skins imperfections can be removed from sweating daily. I have acne and dull complexion, darkened tired eyes, when i exercise I am running away from this and toward a healthier me!!
I also think about how walking just 5 miles a week protects the brains structure over our life. Decreasing our chances of developing Alzheimer disease. I'm lucky I'm not diabetic! but i still am at high risk to be diabetic! Anyone who is diabetic, or at risk knows how terrifying that is. You have huge risks of blindness, infertility, and even early death ETC. Not to mention Mental disorders like anxiety and depression which i already suffer from.

I think of how embarrassed i get over things like.. if someone knows I'm using the bathroom. Imagine what it would be like if someone has to change me and bath me and having bags collecting my wastes hanging off my body...!!! How embarrassing if i have children sometime in my life, they'd have to see me unable to take care of myself. They'd probably hate me in some ways, seeing how i haven't kept myself healthy. If i died because of my own laziness... the shame i would bring on myself. Sadness of my family that could be prevented.

So many terrifying problems that can be improved and prevented just by exercising every day. This is what i thought about the last 2 days of my exercising, and every time I've exercised. So every muscle ache, and overheating, and nausea, and cramp,and throat burning.. etc i just remind myself that even this will decrease after my body gets used to exercising.
The absolute only solution to my problems is to exercise.

This is what i have to keep remembering, and thinking about to build an exercise habit. Same for eating right as well.

Anyways I hope all of this helps you be motivated to exercise. If not look up other health effects of being overweight, or just simply inactive.. no matter how thin someone is, they still need to be active.

Also listen to some of your fav music while you are working out.

P.S I'm sure everyone here is cheering you on every time they see a post from you they are thinking/ sometimes saying "YOU CAN DO IT !!!" !!! ! for sure I am!
<3
__________________
★Misery, 19, Female, 5'6"★

•Start weight: around 250 on 03/07/2011
•Current weight: 238.0 on 05/23/2011
•Main goal : be 150lb by 03/07/2012

♦Weight lost so far : 12lb

♥Mini goal:
24 pounds lighter (217lb) by July 4th for the Fourth of July 10% challenge! (started challenge at 241.8)
Misery16226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:47 AM   #508 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamergirl27 View Post
Does anyone have any tips on getting motivated to exercise? I keep starting.... problem is I also keep stopping!

I'd like to say a hi to all the newcomers, welcome and good luck

Julieann
Julieann, I hear ya'! What seems to work for me is to have a set time everyday that I just do it. At Noon I have my jacket on and am headed out the door for my walk. If I were to think about it, there is always a dozen other things I could be doing on my lunch break.

So pick a time, get on a schedule and just plain DO IT!

That's my .02, anyway.

Regards,
Michael
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #509 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Skiboy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 50
Default

Well here I am. I have had a disturbing set back so I am re-evaluating just how much weight I need to lose. I was using the scale at the gym once a week to keep track as I didn't have a scale at home that would do the trick, it topped out at 300 and I top out at way more than that. Anyway, the scale at the gym said I weighed 367 when I started back on 1/26/11. So I set my goal for 117 pounds, take me to 250, the same weight I was in 1974 when I played high school football, the same weight I was in 1980 when I married my now ex wife. On Sundays weigh in I was 331. Good progress for just about 6 weeks. Well yesterday I went in for my swim and water aerobics class and there was no scale in the locker room. I asked the desk and was told that it "Finally died" and "wasn't accurate" anyway. It could give you 5 pounds one way or another on any given day. So, I went to Costco and got the weight watcher scale from them. This presents me with two challenges. First, keeping off the thing except on Sundays (because daily weigh ins tend to bum me out) and second, the new scale says I really weigh 334. I know its only 3 pounds, but it FEELS like I have to lose those 3 pounds again. Do I go back into my weight chart and add three pounds to each weekly weight to keep the charts right? And more importantly, to keep my head on straight? I think so. Now I am looking at a goal of 120 instead of 117. No big deal, with a start weight of 370, not 367. I just re-read this and it seems so stupid. A head game. BUT, if I didn't stress eat all my life, I wouldn't have 120 to lose. So, the head game is the whole game with me. Thanks for being here. Even though this is just writing my thoughts, it feels real good to get it out knowing that whoever reads this has an understanding of what it's like to be in my shoes. Thanks all.
Skiboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #510 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiboy1 View Post
Well here I am. I have had a disturbing set back so I am re-evaluating just how much weight I need to lose. I was using the scale at the gym once a week to keep track as I didn't have a scale at home that would do the trick, it topped out at 300 and I top out at way more than that. Anyway, the scale at the gym said I weighed 367 when I started back on 1/26/11. So I set my goal for 117 pounds, take me to 250, the same weight I was in 1974 when I played high school football, the same weight I was in 1980 when I married my now ex wife. On Sundays weigh in I was 331. Good progress for just about 6 weeks. Well yesterday I went in for my swim and water aerobics class and there was no scale in the locker room. I asked the desk and was told that it "Finally died" and "wasn't accurate" anyway. It could give you 5 pounds one way or another on any given day. So, I went to Costco and got the weight watcher scale from them. This presents me with two challenges. First, keeping off the thing except on Sundays (because daily weigh ins tend to bum me out) and second, the new scale says I really weigh 334. I know its only 3 pounds, but it FEELS like I have to lose those 3 pounds again. Do I go back into my weight chart and add three pounds to each weekly weight to keep the charts right? And more importantly, to keep my head on straight? I think so. Now I am looking at a goal of 120 instead of 117. No big deal, with a start weight of 370, not 367. I just re-read this and it seems so stupid. A head game. BUT, if I didn't stress eat all my life, I wouldn't have 120 to lose. So, the head game is the whole game with me. Thanks for being here. Even though this is just writing my thoughts, it feels real good to get it out knowing that whoever reads this has an understanding of what it's like to be in my shoes. Thanks all.
Well, if it were me, I would simply leave it alone and deal with a slightly smaller loss upon the next weigh in (I assume you'll MORE than lose that "extra" three pounds). This will keep your weight chart from looking like you had a gain (which you didn't really).

I plan to change scales at some point (to one with body fat measurement) and this is what I'll do to deal with any discrepancy.

Regards,
Michael
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
http://modamarket.cv.ua, www.workout-tools.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2