Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #491 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaruby View Post
hi i just found this sight i weigh 253 pounds i have over 100pounds to lose and cant do much exercise because ive had surgery on my backand have very bad knees i have cut back on my calories and exercised this past week as much as i could due to health and i have gained weight instead of lost i started at 250 pounds i dont know what i am doing wrong any suggestions would be most helpful
Hi Linda, and welcome to FitDay and the forums!

What is your eating plan? While various calorie mixes may result in slightly faster or slower rates of loss depending upon your body, at the end of the day it is "calories in vs. calories out" that counts.

If you, on average, burn more calories than you consume, you WILL lose weight--it's just that simple.

So, you need to come up with a calorie limit that is A) significantly less than your daily calorie burn and B) enough that you stay satisified (not continuously hungry) thus being less apt to "cheat" or quit.

Add in any amount of exercise you're able to, and drink lots (and lots and lots) of water and I guarantee you WILL lose weight.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Regards,
Michael
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #492 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
VirusInside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 156
Default

Man I am on fire this week! Another pound down THIS morning. That brings me down to 335 and a total loss of 23 pounds. Boom!
__________________
Start weight: 358 lbs
Current weight: 294 lbs
Goal weight: 210 lbs
VirusInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #493 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusInside View Post
Man I am on fire this week! Another pound down THIS morning. That brings me down to 335 and a total loss of 23 pounds. Boom!
Hoooray!

Julieann
__________________
Julieann

Fitday Start weight 263.6 lbs Jan 3/11
Current weight 243.6 May 23
Pounds lost 20

Next mini goal under 230lbs by August 15/11
Mini goal under 250lbs by Feb 14/11 Met!!!
Exercise goal walk/run a 5k by July/11(5min run/2min walk intervals)MET!!!
Ultimate goal 160 Jan 2012


“If at first you don’t succeed, you are running about average.” ~M.H. Alderson
dreamergirl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #494 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
Default

thanks my doctor and i am trying to come up with the optimum diet plan i am already on a diabetic diet and no sodium im hoping the food counter on this sight will help me figure out where i may be going wrong it seems like the less i eat the more i gain or stay the same my doctor wants me to eat between 1500 and 2000 calories but most days it hard to eat up to the 1500 calories
lindaruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:32 AM   #495 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CANADA
Posts: 139
Default

Hello, i'm new here.
First off, Congrats everyone on losing weight, you have obviously had to work very hard, and you managed to keep at it! Thats amazing, and you have all earned a ton of respect, and i look up to every one of you. I'll be here to support as much as i can. And i really am happy to see that i'm not entirely alone in this.
I have 100 pounds to lose before i'm in the "normal healthy BMI" range.. and then i will hopefully lose some more after, i would rather be closer to under-weight then overweight. So i'm aimming to be on the safe but low end of "healthy body weight" But for now, 100 seems like a big enough number *faints!*
I am motivated to lose this weight within 1 year. Losing weight can only mean good things for me. Today i ran for 26 mins on the elliptical machine. Tomorrow i'm aimming for 30. I realy need this kind of a community right now, any help or advice, or even just a messege to me will be very appreciated.
I'm kind of hoping to have a friend in this. or someone who wants to just talk to me once in a while. Thats all

~ Misery
~ 250lbs
~ 19 years old
Misery16226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #496 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery16226 View Post
Hello, i'm new here.
First off, Congrats everyone on losing weight, you have obviously had to work very hard, and you managed to keep at it! Thats amazing, and you have all earned a ton of respect, and i look up to every one of you. I'll be here to support as much as i can. And i really am happy to see that i'm not entirely alone in this.
I have 100 pounds to lose before i'm in the "normal healthy BMI" range.. and then i will hopefully lose some more after, i would rather be closer to under-weight then overweight. So i'm aimming to be on the safe but low end of "healthy body weight" But for now, 100 seems like a big enough number *faints!*
I am motivated to lose this weight within 1 year. Losing weight can only mean good things for me. Today i ran for 26 mins on the elliptical machine. Tomorrow i'm aimming for 30. I realy need this kind of a community right now, any help or advice, or even just a messege to me will be very appreciated.
I'm kind of hoping to have a friend in this. or someone who wants to just talk to me once in a while. Thats all

~ Misery
~ 250lbs
~ 19 years old
Good to see you here and ready to take care of your situation.

I agree 100 pounds can seem daunting (try facing almost three times that!). The thing to do is to forget about the last 99 and focus on the next one pound. Losing one pound is pretty easy--if you can do that, the rest will take care of themselves.

There is no reason you can't reach your goal within a year if you stick to it. If there's anything we can do to help, just let us know--all of us understand what you're facing.

Regards,
Michael
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #497 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CANADA
Posts: 139
Default <3 thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
Good to see you here and ready to take care of your situation.

I agree 100 pounds can seem daunting (try facing almost three times that!). The thing to do is to forget about the last 99 and focus on the next one pound. Losing one pound is pretty easy--if you can do that, the rest will take care of themselves.

There is no reason you can't reach your goal within a year if you stick to it. If there's anything we can do to help, just let us know--all of us understand what you're facing.

Regards,
Michael
Thanks, I will just keep trying ^-^ .. and focus on 1 pound at a time like you said doesn't seem so impossible that way.
Great job facing your almost 300, you are kicking its ass XD !
I did some research yesterday, and have decided on restricting my diet along with more exercise i realized that exercise alone won't be enough. So 1200 calories is my limit from now on. which is 300 - 500 less then I normally eat.
going to weigh myself in 2 weeks to see if there's any progress made.
Thank you for the support, and inspiration
Misery16226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:00 PM   #498 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
wildbeanerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,517
Default

I also have over a 100 pounds to lose. Starting two weeks ago I have lost 9.4 so far so ummmm a long way to go! The stories here are very inspirational and encouraging though and that is what I need right now.
__________________
April - 35yr 5'10" mom of two teen boys

331.2 lbs 02.21.11 (start) size 28W-30W jeans
229.2 lbs 08.06.12 (best so far) size 16W
263.4 lbs 03.03.14 (current)

Progress 67.8 lbs - 20% of my original weight

Pictures...
New Collage April 2012

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a newdream. ... CS Lewis
wildbeanerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:00 PM   #499 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery16226 View Post
Thanks, I will just keep trying ^-^ .. and focus on 1 pound at a time like you said doesn't seem so impossible that way.
Great job facing your almost 300, you are kicking its ass XD !
I did some research yesterday, and have decided on restricting my diet along with more exercise i realized that exercise alone won't be enough. So 1200 calories is my limit from now on. which is 300 - 500 less then I normally eat.
going to weigh myself in 2 weeks to see if there's any progress made.
Thank you for the support, and inspiration
You're welcome, and I know you can do it. 1200 calories sounds like a good plan--make sure to choose good foods and don't skimp on the protien. Lots and lots of water, along with your exercise and I'll bet you'll see some good results in two weeks. Make sure to let us know.

Regards,
Michael
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #500 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbeanerz View Post
I also have over a 100 pounds to lose. Starting two weeks ago I have lost 9.4 so far so ummmm a long way to go! The stories here are very inspirational and encouraging though and that is what I need right now.
Glad you found us!

The good news is that generally the bigger you are, the faster you will lose (of course, as you slim down, so do the weekly loses).

Keep logging all your food and exercise into FitDay and don't skimp on the water--I try for at least 1 gallon a day and should probably do more.

You might also think about joining the new Lose 10% of you Body weight by the 4th of July challenge when it starts up on April 1st (which is when the current one ends). Losing 10% of your body weight is a big goal that is still fairly easy to acheive in 12 weeks or so if you work at it.

If there's anything we can do to help you on your weight loss/fitness journey, just ask.

Regards,
Michael
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
http://modamarket.cv.ua

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2