Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 02:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey fellow "Big Losers"! Hope you all are doing well.

Was pleased to see 275 on the scale this morning, so I have exactly 100 pounds to go for my ultimate goal (which is subject to change, of course).

It's taken me 10 months to get to this point, but as they say, "slow and steady wins the race".

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-20-2011, 04:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I am pleased to report I am down to 224 from 255...woohoo!!!

Last night we had a dinner party and instead of wine I had coffeecake for dessert,,,I had forgotten what cake was like.lol. My guest made it and brought a tub of ice cream to go with it, I sent the extra ice cream home with her. I am eating 1500 cal a day and finding this process a real joy.

I measured this weekend as well but I can't find my original measurements to compare, I have gone down in pant size a couple of times. I wrote these measurements in my log so next Saturday I won't be frustrated!

I hope everyone has a good and joyful week.

Nancy
Old 02-20-2011, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

Great job everyone! I'm down another 2 pounds this morning! That's down to 340, for a total of 18 pounds. I'm feeling great!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by changeisgood29
Hi Jacqueline, I strongly recommend taking your measurements, as it's a great tool! The more stats that go in the right direction = the more motivation, in my book. Right now, I take my measurements roughly once a month, although in the beginning, when the losses were bigger, sometimes I'd do it every 2-3 weeks. I have the hubs take all of the measurements.

The gist of measuring correctly is to measure the biggest area of the section, but for more details, here's one of many sites that'll tell you how: How Do I Take My Measurements - iVillage Oh, and I put my bust measurement in the 'chest' slot, since that's of, er, greater importance to me, lol.

As I've mentioned in some other of my posts, for the first 3 months that I was starting out, I didn't even get on a scale and relied on measurements to make sure that I was on the right track. You may not be in love with what the numbers say now (hey, that's why we're all here, right?), but you'll be so glad that you took measurements.

Thanks Geoffers and Changeisgood.

The information and encouragement are much appreciated. There is so much support on this site. I will definately do the measurement thing (need to get a measuring tape first).
Old 02-20-2011, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default Congrats to all the big Losers.

bravo!
Old 02-21-2011, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default Two things

1 - Thankfully my really bad weekend did not mess me up too much. Saturday was bad enough because I picked up take out fried chicken, but Sunday I went overboard on snacking. It was low fat, low sugar granola bars, but it was too many.

So now I am having my do over. I still weight 310 this morning.

2 - The pastor talked of arranging a sort of fast for the summer. His I dea of a fast and mine are not even close, but he was leaning towards the verses in the book of Daniel where Daniel spoke of having no sweet bread for 21 days.

Now the pastor sees that as 'no donuts' but my thoughts went more along the line of flatbread or even a yeast free bread that does not use sweetener of any kind to assist in the raising process.

He also suggested going vegan for that time frame.

So

I am considering the possibility of devising a one week diet plan based on Daniel's diet. Maybe not during his 21 day fast, but during the time when they refrained from eating foods from the king's table.

I was thinking this would consist of spelt or kamut bread, lentils and seasonal fruits.

I have til summer to devise a healthy plan. I know for sure the pastor will not eat this way for long. He has such a junk food addiction.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:51 PM
FitDay Member

You guys are gonna be so proud of me. I've actually resisted the urge to weigh myself and haven't hit the scale in two whole days now. I'm going for a whole week.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

Wow.. not sure I could do that! I`ve been able to restrain myself to weighing once a day, but I`m on that scale every morning.

Julieann
Old 02-24-2011, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dreamergirl27
Wow.. not sure I could do that! I`ve been able to restrain myself to weighing once a day, but I`m on that scale every morning.

Julieann
I believe that for women they should have a good idea of daily weight, as long as it is looked at in a 28 day cycle.
Hormonally speaking, a woman's weight can fluctuate throughout her cycle. If you gain five pounds, it makes more sense to look at it in the big picture that maybe you are down two pounds from your gain last month.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

Haha, well don't worry about it, I couldn't follow through either. I just "felt" lighter this morning so I couldn't resist hopping on the scale. It's a good thing I did too, as I'm down another pound. That means I'm now officially out of the 340's. 339 and counting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.