Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

Fabulous...good for you. Nothing like a litte progress to motivate oneself. I related to your comment about feeling good about fitting in smaller clothes, and feeling satisifed with less calories. Just take care to get enough nutrition so as you don't get sick....again congrats!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

Hello Everyone, I'm new here but would love to join your group.
Is that ok?
Old 02-15-2011, 08:48 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by allenjca
Hello Everyone, I'm new here but would love to join your group.
Is that ok?
Gee, I don't know, we're a pretty exclusive group....

LOL! Yes! Of course, we're glad to have you aboard!

Share a little about yourself, if you like. What are your goals? Have you come up with a weightloss strategy yet? If you have any questions or would like advice, just ask.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-16-2011, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Well I was having a good Saturday until I was taken into hospital with severe abdominal pain just after midnight! Got home in the early hours of the morning, but disappointed to be told I may potentially have a stomach ulcer and need to have a camera put down my throat to see.
Appears that I've also done some damage to my back. Don't know if it's spinal or muscular, but it's pretty acute when I move and I'm finding it hard to get comfortable in anything other than a horizontal position. It's definitely hurting right now to be sat in a computer chair.
Oh well, I'm sure I'll survive. I've not come this far to be beaten down by a stomach complaint or a sore back!
Best of luck with your medical concerns, Felicity. I hope it's not serious and easily managed.
Matt
Old 02-16-2011, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Allenjca, and good luck! We're here for each other and thrilled to have you.

Fendills...Awesome!!! keep up the great work. I said here, or in another thread that this fitting into old clothes, closet shopping as Michael called it, is like going back in time in a strange way. Myself, I'm looking to make it back to 1989 when I had a 34" waist. For now, I'm fully three sizes down which is awesome. It's like a size a month.

Jen, I want to support what Michael said. Any recent research that I've read says that it doesn't matter when you eat your calories, but how many you consume. YOu can look at weight loss on a micro or macro level, and watch your calories however it works for you. Daily totals are easy to get our minds around, but you could certainly track weekly with similar results with no relationship to time of day.

One caveat to that is that I'm a firm believer in keeping the metabolism working for you all day, even though I can't prove it. I seem to do best and feel best when I eat five times a day as opposed to loading in one or two meals.

Finally, a mini milestone for today. I just hit the last hole on my belt. I wavered between the first and second notch when I started, and now i'm comfortably buckling in at the 7th and last notch. Time to get out the leather punch!

Have a great day and rest of your week everyone.
Matt
Old 02-16-2011, 06:01 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
Finally, a mini milestone for today. I just hit the last hole on my belt. I wavered between the first and second notch when I started, and now i'm comfortably buckling in at the 7th and last notch. Time to get out the leather punch!
Ha ha--I hear ya'! Just counted--I have 12, yes, 12 holes in my belt (which I couldn't even begin to get around myself when I started. Now the thing wraps midway around my left side.

Just had to add number 12 this week--I like to have one extra hole for when I go walking so I don't have to keep yankin' my pants up .

Keep up the good work--it'll be time for another hole before you know it!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-16-2011, 03:09 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Gosh....finally getting to check up on everyone!! We had my Mom in the hospital for a few days (this is right after having my MIL in) I am really tired of that place.

Off to see what everyone has been up too! I kinda glanced through the other night...looks like there has been some good stuff going on!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:37 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Ha ha--I hear ya'! Just counted--I have 12, yes, 12 holes in my belt (which I couldn't even begin to get around myself when I started. Now the thing wraps midway around my left side.

Just had to add number 12 this week--I like to have one extra hole for when I go walking so I don't have to keep yankin' my pants up .

Keep up the good work--it'll be time for another hole before you know it!

Regards,
Michael

That is awesome!!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Ahhh, the return of the "Double Disco" belt. LOL!
Old 02-17-2011, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

Michael.. if you measure from the first hole on the belt, to the one you are on now it gives you a great visual of how many inches you've lost on your waist. CONGRATS to all who have made it to the last notch club!

Julieann

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.