Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 12:18 PM   #411 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,620
Default

Another week down, and a pretty good one, overall.

My extra walking distance seems to be paying off--even in the single digit temps and icy sidewalks I can work up a pretty good sweat. I'm not sure sweat equals calorie burn, but it can't hurt (well, perhaps my coworkers when I get back ).

Also have been working on drinking more water--at least 3 liters, not counting coffee. I'm not sure if it's the water helping or the every 15 minute walk to the men's room .

Anyway, the scale says I'm down 5lbs from last Sunday which puts me fairly firmly into the "70s" and only 8lbs to go for the 10% challenge goal of an even 270.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Regards,
Michael
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #412 (permalink)
FitDay Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 11
Default

Happy Weekend Everyone!!!

It is going to be beautiful here today....which mean a lot of water, slush and mess...but the temps are finally warmer.

I have to work for a couple of hours this morning doing some database testing an then the weekend is mine!

My goal is to do some planning for the week, grocery shopping and get some exercise planned.

I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! Stay active and eat good!
mwallace29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #413 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 48
Default

It's a complete Northeaster here today - pouring rain and gale force winds, I'm going to head for the treadmill for my walk!

Congrats Michael on your weight loss - you are a huge inspiration to us all!
Julieann
__________________
Julieann

Fitday Start weight 263.6 lbs Jan 3/11
Current weight 243.6 May 23
Pounds lost 20

Next mini goal under 230lbs by August 15/11
Mini goal under 250lbs by Feb 14/11 Met!!!
Exercise goal walk/run a 5k by July/11(5min run/2min walk intervals)MET!!!
Ultimate goal 160 Jan 2012


“If at first you don’t succeed, you are running about average.” ~M.H. Alderson
dreamergirl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:28 PM   #414 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamergirl27 View Post
It's a complete Northeaster here today - pouring rain and gale force winds, I'm going to head for the treadmill for my walk!

Congrats Michael on your weight loss - you are a huge inspiration to us all!
Julieann
Julieann, thank you. And really, all of you help inspire me to stay on track. We have so many great folks here doing so well!

Now, you can just keep your weather--we've had enough. Well, I know it is headed our way but it's not supposed to amount to a lot. I think we're all ready for spring.

Regards,
Michael
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #415 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,620
Default Yee-Haw--I'm "Obese"!

Yes, as of yesterday's weigh in my (according to FitDay, anyway) BMI is under 40! That makes me simply "obese" and it only took me 10 months to get here (no applause, please ).

Of course, with my highest "acceptable weight" of 175 I'm still (depending upon the definition) "morbidly obese" at 113 lbs above that. But not for long!

Getting ready to make some breakfast and go out and work on my snow pile some more. Had the roof shoveled and the snow that came off is now compacted into a snow/ice substance. The snowblower will throw it, but only after it is chopped up with a chisel which is a darned good workout!

Have a great day, everyone!

Regards,
Michael

PS I've retired my 4x jacket and 3x hoodie and treated myself to a nice new 2x Carhartt Ridge coat.
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.


Last edited by mecompco; 02-13-2011 at 03:34 PM.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #416 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 144
Default

Michael, that is awesome! What a huge achievement. As a person a long way from simply obese, I know what a big milestone it really is.

Heck, at 2x you can almost shop anywhere One of the things I'm most looking forward to, maybe a year from now, will be being able to go into most men's shops and having all those choices. No longer relegated to the few items i my size.

Keep up the great work!
__________________
Starting: 11/14/2010, 350 lbs (Yikes!)
Current : 03/31/2010, 295 lbs
RESTART
Starting:1/20/2012, 335 lbs
Current: 2/10/2012 324.4 lbs
Goal 1: 302 lbs 04/01/2012 April Fools 10% Challenge
Goal 2: 271 lbs 07/04/2012 4th of July 10% Challenge
Goal 3: 247 lbs 10/01/2012
Ultimate Goal 160 lbs 05/31/2013
Lost: 10.6 lbs
DetroitBreakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #417 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown View Post
Michael, that is awesome! What a huge achievement. As a person a long way from simply obese, I know what a big milestone it really is.

Heck, at 2x you can almost shop anywhere One of the things I'm most looking forward to, maybe a year from now, will be being able to go into most men's shops and having all those choices. No longer relegated to the few items i my size.

Keep up the great work!
Thanks! You can't be all that much bigger than I am--and you've been doing pretty good. I'm sure you'll be into the "regular" section soon!

At least at 3x you can find jeans and shirts at Wally World if need be. My problem is my upper chest is considerably smaller than my belly so shirts fit oddly. I still wear mostly 3x shirts but some 2x fit OK. I don't wear anything that's snug or too light in color as the old moobs look awful.

Regards,
Michael
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:10 PM   #418 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 167
Default Commitment + Drive = Success

Good day my friends,

I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts this morning. Welcome to the new comers...

Michael, you continue to set a great example of mutual support and encouragement for all and with your own journey. Like you my husband is in the process of shedding his 4X and 3X clothes and finding renewed joy in wearing some of his 2X clothes from the closet.

I have had a very trying and emotional 2 weeks with deaths in the family, a need to support 80 yr old mom-in-law (husband walked out), support my hubby and continue my other commitments.

Amidst it all, I am proud to say.....that although my weight loss has clearly slowed down,
  • I have continued the right trend, continued to be true to myself by eating under 1500 cals each day,
  • working out at least 4-5 times per week, and
  • tracking everything.
There was NO emotional eating, nor cop outs....yes it was very stressfull and I was so exhausted by the end of this last week. However, lots of sleep, and reading everyone's posts this weekend have anchored me.

I am looking forward to moving forward on my personal journey of health.

Wishing everyone the strength to find your personal commitment and drive to lead you to your own healthy success.

and for tomorrow, love yourself on Valentine's Day.....have a great week everyone.
__________________
_____________________________
Jacqueline
47 F
Weight Jan 1, 2011 = 288 pounds (size 24)
Weight April 1, 2011 = 244 pounds
Weight July 1, 2011 = 220 pounds
Weight September 22, 2011 = 203
Weight Goal April 6, 2012 = 185 pounds
Ultimate weight goal = 155 pounds Sept 1, 2012

Current Weight = 213 lbs (size 14)
Total loss to date = 75 lbs
Bubbs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #419 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbs21 View Post
Good day my friends,

I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts this morning. Welcome to the new comers...

Michael, you continue to set a great example of mutual support and encouragement for all and with your own journey. Like you my husband is in the process of shedding his 4X and 3X clothes and finding renewed joy in wearing some of his 2X clothes from the closet.

I have had a very trying and emotional 2 weeks with deaths in the family, a need to support 80 yr old mom-in-law (husband walked out), support my hubby and continue my other commitments.



Amidst it all, I am proud to say.....that although my weight loss has clearly slowed down,
  • I have continued the right trend, continued to be true to myself by eating under 1500 cals each day,
  • working out at least 4-5 times per week, and
  • tracking everything.
There was NO emotional eating, nor cop outs....yes it was very stressfull and I was so exhausted by the end of this last week. However, lots of sleep, and reading everyone's posts this weekend have anchored me.

I am looking forward to moving forward on my personal journey of health.

Wishing everyone the strength to find your personal commitment and drive to lead you to your own healthy success.

and for tomorrow, love yourself on Valentine's Day.....have a great week everyone.
Jacqueline, thank you!

You (and your husband) are doing great--if you've overcome emotional eating, especially under such trying circumstances I think you've got it made.

There is comfort in sticking to your plan, at least for me. If you stick to your calories, do your exercise and track everything success is guaranteed. I'm not saying it will come quick, but really, a steady more or less consistant loss is best anyway I think.

Have a wonderful V-Day and take care.

Regards,
Michael
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:44 AM   #420 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
WeightlossBoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 292
Default

Well I was having a good Saturday until I was taken into hospital with severe abdominal pain just after midnight! Got home in the early hours of the morning, but disappointed to be told I may potentially have a stomach ulcer and need to have a camera put down my throat to see.
Appears that I've also done some damage to my back. Don't know if it's spinal or muscular, but it's pretty acute when I move and I'm finding it hard to get comfortable in anything other than a horizontal position. It's definitely hurting right now to be sat in a computer chair.
Oh well, I'm sure I'll survive. I've not come this far to be beaten down by a stomach complaint or a sore back!
__________________
January 2nd 2013 - 288.4lbs
March 6th 2013 - 256.2lbs
-32.2lbs
19.75 Inches lost so far!
First Goal:March 23rd 2013 (birthday) - reach 250lbs
WeightlossBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
http://modamarket.cv.ua, www.workout-tools.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2