Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 02:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by juliesaid2728
Hi Everyone!
Last week was terrible.. I am just feeling so low lately. There has been alot of stress in my personal life, at work etc... and I fell off the wagon last week...
Today is a new day... and I am struggling to face it with a positive attitude! I am trying to find that girl that was SOOO motivated for the past 9 weeks...

Last week I let myself be the person that I used to be... I ate my emotions.. something that I said I would never do again. And now that I have eaten some of the foods that I no longer let myself have anymore.. My body wants more!! Any suggestions? I didn't get on the scale this morning to weight myself... I will though tomorrow since I have to face the music.

I need to lose this weight... I need to get in a better health state so that I can start a family. There is nothing more I want in the world.
Julie, don't beat yourself up--what's done is done. It's ancient history and today we move on.

Just pick up where you left off and you'll be fine. If you want, you might think about what triggered this and come up with some sort of plan in case the same circumstances occur in the future.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-09-2011, 05:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Julie, I wish I could just come and give you a big hug! I could have written that same post myself so many times.

Just get back on track and let the past go.

Thanks for the welcome Michael!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hey you guys. i'm emma i live in the uk. I would like to lose 130lbs. I'm following the paleo diet (not eaten any bread, pasta, wheat etc since monday) have replaced there with fruit veg and lean meats. I walk daily with my three dogs. They always have energy. One thing i can't get my head around is the daily calories seem way to high for me. It says 3000 per day, and i'm only just hitting 1500-2000ish. Although i did go over on all my RDAs apart from vitamin e. But that is very good for me.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:03 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Huskyemma
Hey you guys. i'm emma i live in the uk. I would like to lose 130lbs. I'm following the paleo diet (not eaten any bread, pasta, wheat etc since monday) have replaced there with fruit veg and lean meats. I walk daily with my three dogs. They always have energy. One thing i can't get my head around is the daily calories seem way to high for me. It says 3000 per day, and i'm only just hitting 1500-2000ish. Although i did go over on all my RDAs apart from vitamin e. But that is very good for me.
Welcome Emma,
I'm from the UK too! We're a rare breed.
Sounds like your within a healthy calorie range. I wouldn't go below 1500 calories ever, even though I'm already about half way to my goal.
Good luck with your weight loss!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:31 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome to all the new participants in the thread. I wish you great success, and we'll be here for you if you have any questions or just want to vent.

Emma, it sounds like the 3,000 might be your daily calorie burn, and you want to plan your calorie consumption so that there is a deficit that will equal weight loss. For instance, if you burn 3,000 calories a day and consume 2,000, your deficit will be 1,000/day, or 7,000 a week, and that's two pounds! Keep in mind that as you get more fit your calorie burn will actually go down unless you increase your activity, so while you may burn 3,000 today, you may burn 2,500 doing the same things six months from now. Just something to keep in mind. Make sure to drink lots of water.

I'm sure some of the members with more experience will correct me if I've got anything wrong here.

Good luck everyone!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:53 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Happy Thursday! (sure wish it was Friday )

Just wanted to pop and and say good morning before I am off to work. Yesterday was a good day....just trying to take one day at a time. That seems to get hard over the weekends....so that is my goal this week to focus on the weekend.

Have a GREAT day!!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
Welcome to all the new participants in the thread. I wish you great success, and we'll be here for you if you have any questions or just want to vent.

Emma, it sounds like the 3,000 might be your daily calorie burn, and you want to plan your calorie consumption so that there is a deficit that will equal weight loss. For instance, if you burn 3,000 calories a day and consume 2,000, your deficit will be 1,000/day, or 7,000 a week, and that's two pounds! Keep in mind that as you get more fit your calorie burn will actually go down unless you increase your activity, so while you may burn 3,000 today, you may burn 2,500 doing the same things six months from now. Just something to keep in mind. Make sure to drink lots of water.

I'm sure some of the members with more experience will correct me if I've got anything wrong here.

Good luck everyone!
Exactly right!

When I first started my burn was over 4,000, even w/o exercise. Now I have to have at least 45 minutes of exercise to break 3,000.

I think it makes sense, if you can, to run at least a 1,000 calorie (on average) daily deficit.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-10-2011, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah that does sound about right to be honest. Lol. It is really hard to eat 3000 cals when eating paleo. Had a banana an orange and a some liver for breakfast, bags of energy . Buying a new bike next week as my old one got stolen. I usually tie the huskies to the front, and we can go 10 miles sometimes. i'm going to have to do some solo rides or just take one out at a time. either way i'll be moving more and eating less. So it's saturday morning weigh in here? I'm up for that!
Old 02-10-2011, 01:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Huskyemma
Yeah that does sound about right to be honest. Lol. It is really hard to eat 3000 cals when eating paleo. Had a banana an orange and a some liver for breakfast, bags of energy . Buying a new bike next week as my old one got stolen. I usually tie the huskies to the front, and we can go 10 miles sometimes. i'm going to have to do some solo rides or just take one out at a time. either way i'll be moving more and eating less. So it's saturday morning weigh in here? I'm up for that!
Good plan, Emma! I'm anxious for the snow to go so I can get my bike out this spring.

We're a pretty easy going bunch here--you can weigh in whenever you like. I was doing Saturdays, but lately the scale has been more kind to me on Sunday mornings, so that's what I'm going with.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-10-2011, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

howdy . Thats what im trying to do im forcing my self to enter all foods and activities on this site . i am very greatful for it. someone put a lot of time in making it so detailed . anyway good luck and remember your worth it . live laugh love

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.