Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 12:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Picture Progress.

Pictures by xBeautifulVoid - Photobucket

I took a picture at 298lbs but it was far too gross to ever show anyone, so now that I'm about half way I will start my progress in pictures from now.
PS; sorry about not having a head. Should have asked someone else to take the picture for me.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Pictures by xBeautifulVoid - Photobucket

I took a picture at 298lbs but it was far too gross to ever show anyone, so now that I'm about half way I will start my progress in pictures from now.
PS; sorry about not having a head. Should have asked someone else to take the picture for me.
Hey, the curves are in the right places--good for you! Sadly, I'm still a saggy blob, albeit a smaller blob.

Keep up the great work. Oh, and I'm doing fine--thanks for asking.

Will be interesting to see what this week's weigh-in looks like as things have kind of slowed down. I did have right around 3k cals on New Year's eve (most of which was beer) but have been in my range the rest of the time. I will admit to having had some relatively exercise-free days during vacation, though, so I'm sure that's at least part of the slowness.

Have a great day!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-05-2011, 08:19 PM
FitDay Member

I am new here and I wondered if someone can tell me how to go about finding out how many calories I need to eat per day to lose weight. And where do you go on fitday to show your progress as I see some of you have it down after your message to everyone. I too need to lose AlOT of weight!!
Old 01-07-2011, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning ~

I just wanted to pop in and say hello, let you all know I'm still doing it. Down a little over 8 pounds this week and really, really, really grateful.

Watching the last season of Biggest Loser. Who could be bothered to watch it when I'm eating hell for leather? Not me. Really good inspiration.

Anyone going to watch Heavy on A&E? I think it starts the 17th. Hope everyone's doing well and keeping on. Nothing tastes as good as healthy eating feels.

Hugs, lynette
Old 01-07-2011, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, I also wanted to tell you about this kicka@@ little cracker. It's easy to make in the microwave, is a wonderful snack with a wedge of that Laughing Cow Light. I just had two for breakfast for a total of about 210 calories. Very filling because it's extreeeeemely high fiber:

2 T ground golden flax seed
2 T water
Tiny dribble olive/vegetable oil

Mix that up and let it sit for a few minutes. Then you can add any flavorings you might want. I throw in fennel seeds and once it's cooked, sprinkle lightly with salt.

Spread it out very thin on a piece of parchment paper and microwave for 2:30.

If it's not very crisp after that, give it another 15-30 seconds. It ends up tasting like a Wasa cracker, but it's almost zero carbs and has all of the healthy flax seed stuff in it.

The Laughing Cow wedges are around 35 calories, so the whole things comes in at 105-110. One's a snack, two make a meal.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Lynette, good to see you--great progress!

That cracker recipie sounds tasty--I LOVE the Skinny Cow cheese.

Hadn't heard about "Heavy"--will have to check it out. Shows about fat people are really in right now--Mike and Molly (which has some funny moments, but IDK, you know?), Huge (which I really liked), Biggest Loser is still popular (I really haven't watched it, though).

I've been going to start a thread about this--perhaps I will.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-07-2011, 03:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Tsuli
I am new here and I wondered if someone can tell me how to go about finding out how many calories I need to eat per day to lose weight. And where do you go on fitday to show your progress as I see some of you have it down after your message to everyone. I too need to lose AlOT of weight!!
Tsuli, welcome! Sorry I missed your post yesterday.

You need to enter your current height, weight and age into FitDay, and pick an average daily "lifestyle". FitDay will then calculate your basal metabolism. This is an estimate of how many caloried your body burns every day just to keep you alive. Basically, the bigger you are and the more you move, the higher the burn is. You can add "activites" (basically any sort of movement and/or "real" exercise) to increase the daily burn rate.

Once you get that figure, you need to know that it takes approximately 3,500 calories to burn one pound of fat.

So, if you want to burn one pound a week, you need a calorie defeciet of 3,500--in other words, you need to burn 3,500 calories MORE than you take in.

So, if you burn, say, 21,000 calories a week (which is what I figure I do), you would need to eat no more than 17,500 calories a week to burn one pound in that week.

This is all approximate and you may need to make adjustments as you go. Every body responds differently, so bear that in mind.

If you have other questions, please let us know!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-07-2011, 02:03 PM
FitDay Member

I'm new here as well and I have 120 lbs to lose. I am diabetic and having a heck of a time getting my weight down. I bought the south beach diet book as
I was told its a good one for me to lose weight. I just found out I am diabetic not long ago.. So hard as I am a senior with a bad back and bad knee so its hard to do exercise.. I admire all you with your success stories!!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:49 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Tsuli
I'm new here as well and I have 120 lbs to lose. I am diabetic and having a heck of a time getting my weight down. I bought the south beach diet book as
I was told its a good one for me to lose weight. I just found out I am diabetic not long ago.. So hard as I am a senior with a bad back and bad knee so its hard to do exercise.. I admire all you with your success stories!!
Great to have you here!

I know exercise is tough with medical issues. Due to being "super obese" (just found out about that in some reading--always thought I was simply "morbidly obese"--I moved up in the world, I guess ) I have back problems, knee problems, ankle problems--you get the picture.

It was really a few months into this new lifestyle that I could actually do much exercise. As important as exercise is for your health, keeping track of your calories is more important for weight loss. When you're at the point you can do both, it's even better. So, don't dispare--you'll lose weight even with zero/low exercise--possibly just not as fast. And once you've lost a few pounds you'll find it much easier to get in some form of exercise.

I think South Beach and the Zone seem like reasonable eating plans. I don't personally subscribe to a particular "diet" but stick with foods that work for me. As far as weight loss is concerned, in general, "calories are king"--if you eat less than you burn, you'll lose weight. The trick is finding an eating plan that will let you keep a good calorie deficeit yet keep you feeling "full" enough that you can stick to it.

Regards,
Michael

PS You hear all the time about people no longer being diabetic after weight loss--I bet shedding that extra 120 might even "cure" you--we can hope, anyway!
Old 01-08-2011, 12:19 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default 100 Pounds Off in 6.5 Months!

LOL! Just noticed as of today I'm exactly 100 pounds down since my first weigh in (after 6 weeks on plan--was too heavy for the scale before) on June 19th.

Still another 100 to go, but that's fine--let's all get going and do it together!

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.