The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 03:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by wasranch
Thanks for starting this. I don't think that unless you have over 100 pounds to loose that people can really understand the postition some of us are in. I have to loose 135 to loose. I am not thinking I can be done in just a short time either. I know that this is going to be something that I have to commit to for the rest of my life. I think that is the difference between people that have to loose 100+ and ones that only have 20 to loose. They can do it between now and the summer and be sitting on the beach feeling good about themselves. I am looking at this summer still not being where I want to be, or where I should be. Looking at a year from now still not being where I want to be. Finally the next summer getting to the point where I am happy with my weight. This is a long term commitment that we have to make. The support of others that also have to loose this type of weight is something that I think will help me to stay committed.
Welcome to 100+. Come on in and set a spell--none of those flimsy folding chairs here!

Yup, we all understand where you're at. Personally, I'm happy to have 125 or so to lose--eight months ago it was 225 to lose

I really think you're going to do it--you've got the right attitude, have adimitted there is a problem and have taken control.

Now get your plan in place and work it, work it, WORK IT!

If there's anything we can do to help, just shout out.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-03-2011, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Message to Michael

I have been reading through the posts and have noted that your take the time to respond to all newcomers and especially those in the 100+ club.

Your commitment to yourself and to supporting others is amazing. In the event no one has stopped, to say thank you. I wanted to let you know how motivating, appreciated and special your contributions are....take care.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Jacqueline, thank you very much. I've struggled with weight issues all my life, as have most of my family members.

For whatever reason, my head is finally back on straight and I want to keep it that way.

I truly believe that the best way to help oneself is to help others. If I can help anyone overcome this terrible curse, it will be well worth the time and effort.

And if I can do this, then anyone can. Losing weight is just so easy, in priniciple--burn more calories than you eat. What could be easier? We just let the details get to us and fall for all sorts of diet schemes and quick fixes that don't last.

So, thanks again and have a wonderful, healthy day!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-03-2011, 08:16 AM
FitDay Member

First day on FitDay, Im 103.8kg, I needa get down to 100kg within 2 weeks
Old 01-04-2011, 01:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
I have been reading through the posts and have noted that your take the time to respond to all newcomers and especially those in the 100+ club.

Your commitment to yourself and to supporting others is amazing. In the event no one has stopped, to say thank you. I wanted to let you know how motivating, appreciated and special your contributions are....take care.
+1,000,000

I agree! We are very fortunate that the way Michael works his program is a huge benefit to all of us. Thank you, Michael.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
+1,000,000

I agree! We are very fortunate that the way Michael works his program is a huge benefit to all of us. Thank you, Michael.
Thank you. I'm probably a pretty poor role model, and I'll admit you could fill an encylopedia with what I don't know about biology/nutrition but I try my best to help. And if I can provide some small amount of inspiration, so much the better!

Regards,
Michael

PS Great job, BTW--I KNOW you'll reach that next goal!
Old 01-04-2011, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys,
I think I'm about ready to slowly get myself back in the game now. Went to the gym today, and over the past two weeks of eating whatever I wanted, not drinking enough fluid and basically being house bound I only gained 1.5lbs. I'm definitely not crying about that! Still not feeling too great, but I managed a gentle half hour of cardio and hopefully over the next couple of weeks I can get back to my usual grueling routine.

Well done to everyone who survived Christmas!
Old 01-04-2011, 03:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Hey guys,
I think I'm about ready to slowly get myself back in the game now. Went to the gym today, and over the past two weeks of eating whatever I wanted, not drinking enough fluid and basically being house bound I only gained 1.5lbs. I'm definitely not crying about that! Still not feeling too great, but I managed a gentle half hour of cardio and hopefully over the next couple of weeks I can get back to my usual grueling routine.

Well done to everyone who survived Christmas!
Felicity, glad to see you back and on the mend. Sounds like you survived the ordeal pretty well, overall. Hope your Mom is doing OK as well.

I bet you'll be back in the groove in no time!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-04-2011, 11:55 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Rretread doing great...

I am 4 days in to my renewed commitment to take care of me. As previoulsy posted my first steps are a 1000 cal deficiet diet and a daily 30 minute balance ball routine (piates/yoga style). My results to date....

- I feel happy, calm, content, stress free

- I feel stronger each day

- I feel I have better coordination

- I can reach my toes and put on my socks for the first time in a long time. (only something an obese person can understand)

- The scales are starting to move.

And drum roll......the best is my dear hubby has rejoined fitday today after watching me....in fact he is reading labels and chopping veggies for snacks....life is good. Wishing you all strength and perseverance....march on, one and all.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:00 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Felicity, glad to see you back and on the mend. Sounds like you survived the ordeal pretty well, overall. Hope your Mom is doing OK as well.

I bet you'll be back in the groove in no time!

Regards,
Michael
Thanks Michael. It was tough, but sometimes it's just do or die.
Hope you're doing OK!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.