Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 09:31 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
Michael...I'm telling you, watching your progress is such a motivator for me. Keep up the great work. I feel like I'm walking behind you as you jog ahead and I'm just keeping you in my sights. You're setting an amazing pace. I hope to see you in the 200s by the end of the Fools challenge.
Matt, thanks. I'm glad to see you've surpassed your 01/01 goal already--good for you! And I bet you're feeling better with those first 20 odd pounds off. I know I felt better almost immediatly when I started back in May.

I don't see any reason you shouldn't make the "200s" by April with your determination.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-01-2011, 11:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default please help

Ii am a 40 year old female who is in dire need of support and strength...i work on my feet all day...if i didnt...i wonder how heavy i really would be...i would love to weigh in with all of you and follow what all of you have to say...my congrats to all of you who have already met some of your goals...your willpower is amazing...

1/1/2011 over 350 lbs...my heaviest ever...i dont know exact because my scale stops at that...

im setting just a couple goals of working out three times a week and following calories...
Old 01-01-2011, 11:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by blondeblueandhot
Ii am a 40 year old female who is in dire need of support and strength...i work on my feet all day...if i didnt...i wonder how heavy i really would be...i would love to weigh in with all of you and follow what all of you have to say...my congrats to all of you who have already met some of your goals...your willpower is amazing...

1/1/2011 over 350 lbs...my heaviest ever...i dont know exact because my scale stops at that...

im setting just a couple goals of working out three times a week and following calories...
Welcome! Come right in and make yourself comfortable.

Great job on planning your exercise and watching calories--have you figured out what calorie deficiet you're going to shoot for?

You'll be amazed at how fast the weight drops off if you stick with your plan. Please keep us posted and don't hesitate to ask if there is anything we can do.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-02-2011, 08:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hola people ~

I just wanted to wish everyone a happy, happy new year, and a healthy one. I have been analyzing my past successes and failures, and I'm moving toward a lower carb way of eating. That being said, I'll be moving to Low Carb Friends for support so I don't bore y'all with my food-related posts and such.

I really hope that everyone here finds what they're looking for in 2011, and I especially hope that the great success here continues. Take care, all of you.

lynette
Old 01-02-2011, 09:59 AM
FitDay Member

Smile In search of the healthy and happy me...

Good day my fitday friends,

I am returning to fitday, 5 years later and all the weight has returned. Upon reflection, life has been a whirl wind and I have been a typical type A personality / supermom, who has invested in taking care of everyone but myself. I also recognize what a great support I had in fitday the last time, I took on this challenge. Today, I am a mid-forties woman who is now approximately 135 lbs overwieght.

My long term goals are to:
- increase my cardio capacity
- improve my flexibility
- find the smaller version of me
- wear clothes off the rack
- maintain good blood levels (triglycerides, sugar etc)
- but most importantly to be happy and enjoy life to its maximum

My short term strategies (Jan and Feb) are:
- to seek the help and support of others
- to have a daily deficit of 1000 cal per day
- start a basic balance ball routine (I have a library of DVD's that I enjoy)
- 10 minutes on my eliptical 3 times a week.
- Reassess in two months.

So as a first step, I am open to any suggestions or tips as I renew this journey. In the past I would weigh myself daily...what do others do and why?

Thanks for reading/listening...wishing you all...to live well, laugh often and love eternally.

Last edited by Bubbs21; 01-02-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by lynette185
Hola people ~

I just wanted to wish everyone a happy, happy new year, and a healthy one. I have been analyzing my past successes and failures, and I'm moving toward a lower carb way of eating. That being said, I'll be moving to Low Carb Friends for support so I don't bore y'all with my food-related posts and such.

I really hope that everyone here finds what they're looking for in 2011, and I especially hope that the great success here continues. Take care, all of you.

lynette
Lynette, I wish you the best. You're always welcome so don't be a stranger. Good luck and good wishes!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-02-2011, 10:42 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Newbie

I used to weight 143...lol 10 years ago and slowly I have let myself go. Now I'm weighing in @ 277.... My motivation is for my partner and my son. I don't want him to gain the awful eating habits I have. I know it's going to be a long process, but I'm ready able and willing.... Anyone with tips or suggestions are more than welcome to fill me in....... Good luck to us all on our journey!!!! My goal is to lose at least 100 pounds......

Last edited by CSwift81; 01-02-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
Good day my fitday friends,

I am returning to fitday, 5 years later and all the weight has returned. Upon reflection, life has been a whirl wind and I have been a typical type a personality / supermom, who has invested in taking care of everyone but myself. I also recognize what a great support I had in fitday the last time, I took on this challenge. Today, I am a mid-forties woman who is now approximately 135 lbs overwieght.

My long term goals are to:
- increase my cardio capacity
- improve my flexibility
- find the smaller version of me
- wear clothes off the rack
- maintain good blood levels (triglycerides, sugar etc)
- but most importantly to be happy and enjoy life to its maximum

My short term strategies (Jan and Feb) are:
- to seek the help and support of others
- to have a daily deficit of 1000 cal per day
- start a basic balance ball routine (I have a library of DVD's that I enjoy)
- 10 minutes on my eliptical 3 times a week.
- Reassess in two months.

So as a first step, I am open to any suggestions or tips as I renew this journey. In the past I would weigh myself daily...what do others do and why?

Thanks for reading/listening...wishing you all...to live well, laugh often and love eternally.
Jacqueline, your story pretty much mirrors mine. Lost the weight, gained it back and then some, lost it again, gained some back, lost some, gained back even more and here I am.

In a couple of weeks I'll be back to where I was at my last FitDay weight record in 2006 (292 lbs.) sigh!

Anyway, I've proven that I can't be trusted to "eat normally" so my strategy this time is to keep logging my food even after reaching "goal".

It sounds like you know how to lose the weight--just do the math, figure out your daily calorie burn and how much you can eat to keep the 1000 cal deficeit.

I lost 200 pounds really fast last time--this time I'm going more slowly--still, well over 100 lbs are gone since May. Another 100 or so to go. Persoanlly, I shoot for a 40/30/30 carb/fat/protein mix but don't panic if it's off a bit. I usually eat four times a day--breakfast, 9 am snack, 11 am lunch and 5-6 pm dinner.

Now that I'm able, I walk 1.25 miles in 20 minutes at lunch time. My resolution is to clear off my weight bench and start building some muscle.

Don't hesitate to post up if there is anything we can do to help.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-02-2011, 10:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by CSwift81
I used to weight 143...lol 10 years ago and slowly I have let myself go. Now I'm weighing in @ 277.... My motivation is for my partner and my son. I don't want him to gain the awful eating habits I have. I know it's going to be a long process, but I'm ready able and willing.... Anyone with tips or suggestions are more than welcome to fill me in....... Good luck to us all on our journey!!!! My goal is to lose at least 100 pounds......
Welcome! If you've got the time, a read through this thread has lots of tips, though really the only thing one REALLY needs to remember is to burn more calories than one consumes. Everything else is just details and fine tuning.

If you have specific questions/concerns, don't hesitate to speak up!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-03-2011, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for starting this. I don't think that unless you have over 100 pounds to loose that people can really understand the postition some of us are in. I have to loose 135 to loose. I am not thinking I can be done in just a short time either. I know that this is going to be something that I have to commit to for the rest of my life. I think that is the difference between people that have to loose 100+ and ones that only have 20 to loose. They can do it between now and the summer and be sitting on the beach feeling good about themselves. I am looking at this summer still not being where I want to be, or where I should be. Looking at a year from now still not being where I want to be. Finally the next summer getting to the point where I am happy with my weight. This is a long term commitment that we have to make. The support of others that also have to loose this type of weight is something that I think will help me to stay committed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.