Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 02:52 PM
FitDay Member

Clay, that progress shot is amazing. Great work!

Michael, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you're doing better now. I've seen you post in the earlier pages something along the lines of this is a journey. Sometimes we have to go through really rough spots that detour us for a little while, but the goal is to not let that stop you from getting to where you want to be and to get back on course. You've been an incredible inspiration for me just over the few weeks that I've started FitDay. I look forward to seeing what has happened after your couple of good weeks.

Today is my weigh-in day. I'll post my weigh-in after I get back from the gym. BUT- I have done my measurements. Over the past week, I lost a total of .75 inches. Measuring also helped to realize I really need to get back to the weight training and start working on my abdomen. Gaining around my middle is NOT what I wanted to see.

Has anyone tried planks? I've tried them a couple of times, did not like it, but I have heard they are good for the core, so I may try them again. Any thoughts?
Old 08-13-2012, 03:28 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks Michael, and also sorry to hear about your friend, I also ride (sold all my bikes over the last year), and have lost several friends, some from their own stupidity (speeding, running from the police, wheelies etc) and some from other drivers not paying attention, no matter how it happens it still hurts the same, but one thing you cannot take away from them, is that they passed on doing what they enjoyed and you had the opportunity to share that experience with them, and he will be looking down over you while you go through life..RIP Friend
Old 08-13-2012, 11:38 PM
FitDay Member

Clay, you look amazing! keep up the good work. You and a few others have been an inspiration to me through this journey. I am hoping to do as well as you have so far. As of yesterday, I am down 148 lbs since December 11th, 2011/ I am shooting for a loss of 200 by Christmas this year. It seems like my loss has slowed down drastically over the past month or two. I have been changing up my workout & trying to vary my micronutrient mix to see if it helps. Ultimately, as long as the needle on the scale is still going in the right direction, I am happy.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

Over the past week, I've dropped 4.5 pounds. That makes a total of 15.5 pounds lost. I have to say, having to record everything, food- and activity-wise, has been an incredible reminder and motivator. Remembering that I will have to log this food or not log in some activity keeps me on the right track. And seeing the numbers corroborate with the effort is amazing.

Mike, congratulations! Every time I log in, I see another encouraging example. 200 pounds in one year?! That would be amazing. But even if you don't make your goal, you've still lost almost 150 pounds in less than a year! I feel like I'm always saying this, but that is really inspiring! Also, I think I've never used so many exclamation marks before.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone

What an amazing and inspirational thread! A couple of hours ago I felt lost and alone, thinking I was one of very few that had such a mountain to climb.

After reading through the posts here I am feeling more confident that I will achieve my goals!

Little about me:
Weight now: 238lbs
BMI: 43.5
Target Weight: 120lbs
Target Date: 30 Nov 2013

This is something that I really feel I need to achieve now. Fingers crossed this time next year I will be well on target!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:41 PM
FitDay Member

Oh boy, this last week was not good for me. Between the Boot Camp Tuesday through Thursday (it was a workout for the brain, not so much for the body) and a convention Friday through Sunday where everything was sitting, I didn't get much activity in at all. Went to the gym today and weighed in. Not good. Gained 3 pounds, so I'm back up to 325.5. I guess it could be worse.

To tell you all the truth though, I was expecting it a little bit. No overeating but the inactivity is what did me in. Back to the grindstone for me next week though. I all ready kicked my butt back into Zumba and weight lifting, so hopefully I'll have abetter report next Monday.

Galwaylass- Nice to meet you! I'm glad you see this as a warm and inviting place. I also found it incredibly inspiring when I started a few weeks ago. The best thing though is that unlike other places the people here are not into the quick results.

Everyone here sees and knows that becoming healthier is hard work and it takes time and effort. So, like the little setback I've had this past week, we keep going, keep getting back up, keep moving and keep learning. And for some of us, keeping track of activity levels and food is something we will have to do for the rest of our lives.

I look forward to seeing your progress. It's always encouraging to see other's success.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default thank you Michael

Thank you for adding this Thread... I feel motivated reading peoples stories. I am a new mother of a beautiful baby boy who has given me a reason to become healthy. I currently weight 285pounds. My ideal weight is 150pounds... I have 135 pounds to lose. I feel overwhelmed and I am not too sure how to go about my journey to weight loss. Your thread has given me some perspective. I will start weighing myself on Saturdays as well and posting it on your thread... Wish me good luck and lots of Motivation
Old 08-21-2012, 10:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hi andieligon,

Thanks for the encouraging words! I hope this week is working out well for you. I see you do Zumba and weight lifting! I am sure your fitness levels will be rocketing soon! Look forward to a positive weight loss from you next week :-) (and from me fingers crossed!)

Originally Posted by andieligon
Oh boy, this last week was not good for me. Between the Boot Camp Tuesday through Thursday (it was a workout for the brain, not so much for the body) and a convention Friday through Sunday where everything was sitting, I didn't get much activity in at all. Went to the gym today and weighed in. Not good. Gained 3 pounds, so I'm back up to 325.5. I guess it could be worse.

To tell you all the truth though, I was expecting it a little bit. No overeating but the inactivity is what did me in. Back to the grindstone for me next week though. I all ready kicked my butt back into Zumba and weight lifting, so hopefully I'll have abetter report next Monday.

Galwaylass- Nice to meet you! I'm glad you see this as a warm and inviting place. I also found it incredibly inspiring when I started a few weeks ago. The best thing though is that unlike other places the people here are not into the quick results.

Everyone here sees and knows that becoming healthier is hard work and it takes time and effort. So, like the little setback I've had this past week, we keep going, keep getting back up, keep moving and keep learning. And for some of us, keeping track of activity levels and food is something we will have to do for the rest of our lives.

I look forward to seeing your progress. It's always encouraging to see other's success.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hi trackmyfood! Congrats and welcome to motherhood. Its a wonderful place to be :-) I also feel somewhat overwhelmed with my journey but we can do it. I am feeling so positive after reading the posts here. Imagine a couple of years of applying yourself to healthy eating and regular exercise = a fit, happy and healthy Mom for years and years to come. Have you decided on a diet that suits you yet?

For now I am just cutting out the junk and adding some regular 3 mile walks to my weekly routine. In the next few weeks I really hope to address my carboholism. That is my downfall. Hope to see you around.

Best of luck!!!!

Originally Posted by trackmyfood101
Thank you for adding this Thread... I feel motivated reading peoples stories. I am a new mother of a beautiful baby boy who has given me a reason to become healthy. I currently weight 285pounds. My ideal weight is 150pounds... I have 135 pounds to lose. I feel overwhelmed and I am not too sure how to go about my journey to weight loss. Your thread has given me some perspective. I will start weighing myself on Saturdays as well and posting it on your thread... Wish me good luck and lots of Motivation
Old 08-21-2012, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Galwaylass
In the next few weeks I really hope to address my carboholism.
Carboholism gave me a laugh. That's something I've been trying to get under control too. Never heard it called that though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.