Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

Here's a picture. The one on the left was from about a year and a half ago, and I had put on MORE weight from the time it was taken until I got my head outta my a$$ & started my journey. The picture on the right was taken over the weekend, 141 pounds lighter. I'm trying to drop a total of 200 lbs by Christmas, which will be 1 year and 2 weeks from my start date.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IN PROGRESS-141.jpg (90.0 KB, 43 views)
Old 07-22-2012, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default New to Forum - using PC version

Hi Everyone - I am also beginning my journey to lose over 100 lbs. 125 to be exact.

Started many plans over the years and even used Fit Day in the past. It is the daily motivation that is the key for me....it is easy for me to get lost in my busy life and to lose focus on what I really want to do long term. It has just become a larger and larger situation as I do remember the day I was horrified at weighing in at 212....now 275 and it seems overwhelming at times. Now I have found you folks who are motivated and similar to me. So I will use the forum to be accountable outside of myself.

July 21, 2012 --- female, age 54, wt 275lbs, no exercise, size 24 dress pants
Goal Wt -- 150 date @ 2lbs per week will be 62 weeks of late Aug 2013
Started walking July 22, 2012 15 minutes approx 1250 steps.

plan to check in every Sunday for an update. Wish everyone great motivation and success each day.
Judy
Old 07-22-2012, 06:44 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Another Newbie

Hi there! Another newbie here, and looking forward to my journey. I am a 39 year old single mom from Central Oklahoma, and have tried to lose weight many times. Now, I'm trying again!

I attended the Biggest Loser auditions in Dallas yesterday, and had a great time, but more importantly I made a committment to myself to keep working towards my goal with or without the help of the Biggest Loser.

I have about 160 lbs to lose. Boy that hurts to say out loud. But there it is. I look forward to being here and sharing my journey with you all.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys I'm back. I'm not so happy with myself mainly cause I have NOT been eating right for the past few weeks, I gained 4 lb, but I at least did some exercise.

LOVE ALL,
Kailtyn
Old 07-24-2012, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

awsome memilller1, nice work keep at it also its great to see so many new posts here ! keep up the fight!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

I am not a small person either and I am looking to lose about 80 pounds. I have set small goals for myself, My first goal is to lose 20 pounds by October. I figured if I set small amount of weight lose I will be more motivate to lose the weight. Also no matter what I walk everyday (no making excuses). I know you can lose the weight also just set small goals.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:13 PM
FitDay Member

Just checking in, I've lost 10.6# so far... That brings me to 234.6, with a goal of about 160# (at least that's what they say my high end is on the weight charts.)
Old 07-26-2012, 03:55 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by cladams
Hi 4 a healthier me,

Welcome to the site. I'm certainly no expert. But I can tell you none of the "diets" that I have tried in the past have worked either. What is working for me is logging all my food on my fitday account and being accountable...

I think one of the reasons why it's working is because it's not a "diet" in the sense that we know it. Rather, it has become a lifestyle change...

I know I can go and do some sort of crazy diet and lose weight faster but I KNOW I will never keep it off...All of the little changes that I have seen in my life have been keeping me motivated and accountable.
Hope all is well.
Thanks Cladams, sorry I didn't recognize your responce earlier, I've been a bit preoccupied with moving for the past few weeks. I have to agree with you on all of these points.

Keep up the good work
Old 07-31-2012, 10:05 AM
FitDay Member

Question Cathy Cartoon

The person who told me to check out this site said that he had seen a Cathy cartoon on this thread. It was quite a while ago, so I decided to start at the beginning of the thread and work my way forward. I didn't find the cartoon, so if anyone knows where on the thread it is, or where I can find it on the net I would appreciate it.

While I was scanning the thread I noticed that there are a lot of quotes from a member in the earlier part of this thread, but I don't see any of the posts that they were quoted from, so what happened to the original posts .

BTW the Cathy cartoon was about trying to quench a craving, and how you may end up eating fewer calories if you give in to the craving instead of trying to sub it with something else and not being satisfied, so you try another sub, and another, etc, until you finally give in and eat what you were originally craving anyway... Sounds like something that I've lived through on more than one occasion
Old 08-02-2012, 12:10 PM
FitDay Member

Default Here Goes Nothing

Hi everyone. I just recently joined FitDay, and have spent the past couple of hours looking through this particular thread. It has been really inspirational to look at everyone posting, some since December 2010! That's dedication and commitment.
Well, I will just state pretty much everything that I think is pertinent.
My name is Andrea. I am 22 years old. I currently weigh 328 pounds. I have been going to the gym since April, but within the past month have truly committed myself to working out and trying to not sabotage myself and my efforts. Phew. Wow, that was quite something. I have never been very open with my weight, it's always been something that I do not talk to others about unless I am extremely comfortable with you. So that is all of 2 people, and only one knows my actual weight. Now, that number includes all of you.
I have lost 9 pounds since I first started in April, but the past two weeks has been a new start for me, so while I'm excited to get started. This is the heaviest that I have ever been in my life. Growing up, I was slightly overweight, but thanks to a lot of influences in my life, many of which were not the supportive kind, I felt grossly heavier than I actually was.
But, I've chosen to set aside the past and to look to the future. I realize it's a long road, but I've all ready begun to enjoy just becoming more active.
My first mini-goal is to lose 30lbs, which would bring me to 298, a number I haven't seen in about a year. I'm really excited to see that goal reached.
My ultimate goal, that's a little trickier. I of course want to be at a healthy weight, an appropriate BMI, but I'm not sure at the number exactly. Somewhere between 121 and 164 according to the BMI here on FitDay is a healthy range for me. That would of course be amazing. That would make me smaller than I was in Middle School. Kind of scary thought.
I've been logging in and tracking myself since Tuesday, so this is my third day and I've all ready seen an improvement in what I am want to use as my body's fuel.
Thanks, and I look forward to checking back in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.