Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 07:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi everyone,

Glad you are here Chris & TXLaura. Chris I was an teenage athlete too and kept eating like one even when I wasn't exercising at that level, with predictable results. These days I have dreams about running but can't do it in my awake life because it's way too painful for my joints and jiggly bits!

I challenged myself to get up earlier to walk this past week, but so far it's a losing battle. The problem is I just don't WANT to wake up. I love sleep and want as much of it as I can get. So I'm squeezing in walks wherever I can and making plans to try to see a sleep doctor to see if improving the quality of my sleep (I have sleep apnea) might make me more able to wake up.

I'm finding that I don't mind an incredibly repetitive breakfast, but I need to find more things to do with my lunchtime chicken breast than eat it with salad greens, bbq sauce, and a whole wheat tortilla. I'm struggling with hunger in between meals and snacks some days, and on other days I have no appetite past 4pm. When I get hungry past a certain point I feel so furious though!

I'm doing really well with keeping up veggies for fiber and lots of water, more than a gallon a day. Also I switched to a food-logging system that has a fast app for my phone, and I'm managing to log more completely, though still not perfect.

How many times a day do you all log your foods? Once at the end of the day, or after every meal? I think I do better if I log often, but with the baby taking so much attention I don't often get a moment when I remember to log unless I dwell on food all day.

I love seeing the posts from all of you and wish you all the best for this week.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

oh, I also wanted to add that my inspiration this week for continuing to lose weight is a vision I had of being able to one day have another baby, and be thin enough that I can do the "airplane" with him up on my shins, without my tummy in the way.

Also I imagine taking my son to the woods when he is older and wading and frolicking in the creek without having to spend all my time sitting down somewhere and feeling uncomfortable and awkward.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:27 PM
FitDay Member

Ellenne,

Thanks

I too, am good with a pretty repetitive breakfast. It's usually something quick because getting out of bed can be a problem for me as well. I'm trying for yogurt, granola, fruit that sort of thing. On weekends or days off I will probably go for egg whites. Lunches are starting to bore me also. So I have to figure something out. I am working on drinking more water. It's really not a problem, but sometimes I forget especially towards the end of my day.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Chris
Old 05-08-2012, 02:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default 123 lbs to lose!

Hi everyone! Good luck and great job Michael!!! You are truly an inspiration! I've got about 123 lbs to lose and so far I'm down 26 lbs since Feb 2012. I try to come on the forum at least once a day to look at motivational stories or write about my success so far. I usually weigh in on Monday mornings so I'll be a few days behind everyone else but I'll keep it going!!

Feb 13, 2012- 263 (highest weight)
May 08, 2012- 237
Mini goal- July 15, 2012- 215
Mini goal- Dec 20, 2012- 160
Longterm goal- April 30, 2013- 140

So far, I'm down 26 lbs!!!!!
Still got 97 to go!
Old 05-08-2012, 02:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by airbabygurl
Hi everyone! Good luck and great job Michael!!! You are truly an inspiration! I've got about 123 lbs to lose and so far I'm down 26 lbs since Feb 2012. I try to come on the forum at least once a day to look at motivational stories or write about my success so far. I usually weigh in on Monday mornings so I'll be a few days behind everyone else but I'll keep it going!!

Feb 13, 2012- 263 (highest weight)
May 08, 2012- 237
Mini goal- July 15, 2012- 215
Mini goal- Dec 20, 2012- 160
Longterm goal- April 30, 2013- 140

So far, I'm down 26 lbs!!!!!
Still got 97 to go!
Hey, you're doing great! Don't forget that our weight didn't come on overnight (though it CAN come fast!) and that it won't go away overnight, either. I find that taking one day at a time and keeping on track "most of the time" gets the job done. Take care and do let us know how you're doing.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-10-2012, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

It has been a long time since I last posted, things have been very hectic and I have been traveling a lot. Today is the 1 year anniversary of making the lifestyle changes and getting more involved on fitday, etc. I am please to report a total loss of 146 lbs for the year... I should be very excited (and I am) but serious lack of sleep has made me a bit of an emotional mess and am feeling a bit empty about the whole thing...

Anyways, glad to see so many familiar names still posting on here, and I really appreciate the support that I received from so many of you during this journey of the last year... Thanks again!

NYCMike
Old 05-10-2012, 05:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by NYCMike
It has been a long time since I last posted, things have been very hectic and I have been traveling a lot. Today is the 1 year anniversary of making the lifestyle changes and getting more involved on fitday, etc. I am please to report a total loss of 146 lbs for the year... I should be very excited (and I am) but serious lack of sleep has made me a bit of an emotional mess and am feeling a bit empty about the whole thing...

Anyways, glad to see so many familiar names still posting on here, and I really appreciate the support that I received from so many of you during this journey of the last year... Thanks again!

NYCMike
Mike, cograts! Having just passed my two year anniversary I can totally relate. If you're anything like me, losing the weight is the easy part--keeping the loss is considerably tougher.

Time to re-focus and come up with a long-term plan to maintain your loss and/or reach your final goal. Easier said than done, I know!

Anyway, stay in touch and let us know how you're doing.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-10-2012, 05:48 PM
FitDay Member

hi i im new to "fitday" i have 50 pounds to go!! : i have until september i am quit excided i just starded to day and i am loving it! i am seeing all of your post and im quit confident since it worked for you so thanks for reading byee
Old 05-10-2012, 11:51 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by bettyellen
hi i im new to "fitday" i have 50 pounds to go!! : i have until september i am quit excided i just starded to day and i am loving it! i am seeing all of your post and im quit confident since it worked for you so thanks for reading byee
Welcome! 50 pounds in four months is quite a goal, but if you're totally committed then I think it's possible. Stick around and let us know how you're doing.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-13-2012, 11:32 PM
FitDay Member

that is a great news! Maintaining and losing weight is one of the hardest thing that a person could do (considering the temptation that our favorite delicacies had brought us) I am glad to hear that you are really driven to achieve your goal!! keep it up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.