The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread >

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 08:42 AM
FitDay Member

Felicty.... I hope you feel better soon. Sounds awful and I hope it doesn't interrupt your holiday.

Julie. I aim for 2,000 calories, and usually fall between 1,900 and 2,100. When I started my routine, and started eating as clean as I could, I also found it hard to get all my calories. I did it, but I had to work at it. For me I think it was because I was so used to starving all day and eating all night that when I started eating breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, mid-afternoon snack, I was feeling completely full all day. That's changed for me, I think in direct correlation to how much I work out. I think my body wants all those calories, and I find myself hungry by the time I get to meal times, but satisfied with what I eat. I think this is a good sign because I'm pretty sure my metabolism is working a little more normally, and it's good to feel hungry when I get to my food.

I'm sure everyone is different, and your past eating habits, lifestyle, and body chemistry will affect things. But that's my perspective.

Matt
Old 12-17-2010, 10:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by juliesaid2728
I do have a good question... Right now I weight 297 lbs... I am on 1800 calories a day based on the formula that is online to find out what the "right" amount of calories for me is... Does that seem right? What does everyone eat?

I am finding it hard to eat more then 1600 in a day!
That seems kinda high, especially with you being female. I shoot for at least 1500 and less than 1600. I do have one day a month that "anything goes", but even then I keep my plan in mind and don't go TOO crazy (and I log everything).

I figure I burn about 3100 cals a day, more or less and since I started in May I have averaged 3 lbs. a week loss. I have noticed that things seem to be slowing down as of late--it may be "portion creep" so I'll go back to weighing/measuring everything.

If you shoot for 1800 it is really easy to end up higher if you're not careful. And, I find it much easier to go up in calories than to go down. Why not try 1500 cals of GOOD food and see how it goes? I shoot for a 40/30/30 carb/protein/fat mix, but some folks feel more protien is better.

Anyway, that's my .02.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-18-2010, 02:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Happy weekend, fellow "losers"

The scale was pretty good to me today--an even 300 lbs.

Could not for the life of my cajole it into showing 299.5, even with stepping on and off, fidgeting left to right, moving it around, resetting it--nothing!

But, I'm only one good bathroom trip to being under 300 lbs. (forever, this time, I swear).

Hope you all are having a nice, safe and healthy weekend!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-18-2010, 05:58 AM
FitDay Member

Michael that's awesome! I bet next week you'll shatter 300, and with the way you work will never see it again.

I believe I stayed the same this week. I say believe because the apparently cheap scale I bought isn't doing great today. It failed to give me a reading the first 20 times I stepped on it, and I wondered if I binged and put on a hundred pounds in the middle of the night to exceed its supposed capacity. Then it finally gave me a 338, but I haven't been able to get a repeat.

I wouldn't be surprised about staying the same this week, and hope that I didn't gain. I let my routine get a little rattled in the stretch with a couple of social engagements and eating out. I definitely exercised portion control while I was out but also didn't eat the way I wanted to.

I'm going to be out of town from Christmas eve until a couple of days before new year's, so I'm going to weigh in early, on Christmas eve before I hit the road, and either way hope that I can keep enough control over the holidays while I'm out of town, exercise enough, and take it easy on new year's eve to make my 335 goal.

I'll have internet while I'm away so will keep up the log and with the forum, but I won't have my "home scale" so will refrain from weighing in until I get home.

Be well everyone!
Old 12-18-2010, 09:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Matt, I'm sure you'll do fine, even while traveling. If I'm going to a restaurant I try to figure out what I'm going to eat before hand (if they have a web site). If not, and the portion looks big I'll ask for a take home container right off the bat and put half of it away--if it's not on the plate, it's easier to not eat.

Jen, 2500 cals seems really high for a female to lose weight on. One pound a weeks seems kinda low--do you think that's fast enough to keep you motivated? I know "they" say one or two pounds a week is recommended. I guess that would be a good topic for you to discuss with your doctor.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-18-2010, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

Jen,

It sounds like you're not afraid of cooking, so I would start collecting recipes where you can get good bulk and nutrition from relying on dried beans and grains. If I were on a budget like what you describe I would buy my favorite beans, some brown rice, some Quinoa or other high quality grain you like, some oats, eggs, and budget in some protein that you can stretch. The beans and grains will go a long way and last you a long time, then you can start budgeting more of your money for protein and fresh veggies...some good leafy greens, and maybe some root vegetables like beets and sweet potatoes. I suspect you have a reasonably stocked spice collection, and that will help a lot.

There are great online recipe sources if these are items you don't cook with regularly. Some you can just put in your ingredients and it will tell you what you can make.

I would try to buy in bulk when it comes to grains and dried beans, and if I were you I'd pick up some nutritional yeast while I was at it. I use it in a lot of recipes to get a kind of cheesy taste and it's full of good B vitamins.

Good luck!
Old 12-18-2010, 08:50 PM
FitDay Member

Hello,
I'm still here battling flu. I think the worst may be over, but I have definitely fallen off the wagon during the last few days. I've either not wanted to eat, or I've wanted to eat everything in sight. At least I'm on the mend.. Back at 300lbs I would've been ill for a couple of weeks, so my immune system must have improved some.
My Mum isn't very well at all though. She has a severe chest infection and a crazy pain in her shoulder that she can't explain. Had paramedics out last night but they didn't take her to A&E so her partner is taking her tonight. Every time she coughs she cries, so the pain is obviously bad.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning ~ I'm just checking in after two days out of town. Did a delivery in Dallas (ack!! Dallas rush hour on a Friday!!) and stayed for an auction. Took all day Saturday to load up and drive home. Road food. What an ordeal. It's been a good week overall, though, and I expect this one to be even better. Soup's hot so I'll catch up with all of you later. Hope everyone's having a great day. lynette
Old 12-19-2010, 04:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by lynette185
Good morning ~ I'm just checking in after two days out of town. Did a delivery in Dallas (ack!! Dallas rush hour on a Friday!!) and stayed for an auction. Took all day Saturday to load up and drive home. Road food. What an ordeal. It's been a good week overall, though, and I expect this one to be even better. Soup's hot so I'll catch up with all of you later. Hope everyone's having a great day. lynette
Lynette, glad you checked in. Have a restful Sunday!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-19-2010, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

Jen, I do hope something breaks loose for you after the holidays. It seems like a lot of businesses hold off hiring until the first of the year. Hope so for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.