Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #1121 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafuken View Post
Hey ,
Congradulations Michael !!
Just noticed your signature shows 199 Lbs .
Keep up the great work ....
Thanks! Forgot to mention that FitDay says I'm no longer "obese", simply "over weight". Another 30 pounds off and I'll be "normal".

Regards,
Michael
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:50 AM   #1122 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4
Smile First Time here 130 lbs to go

Hi everyone,
My name is Donna, this is my first time here.
It is Tuesday evening September 27, 2011. I had lost almost 50lbs. The last 20 was with Isagenix. After stopping that I put back on the 20 lbs. I have been working out 2-3 times a week about 2 hours each time. My main meals are good, 3 oz. meat, lots of veggies, etc.... I have had some not so god things, but not too many. I have not lost any weight in the past 6 months, but have NOT lost anything either. I have 160 lbs to lose and am so frustrated.
Current weight 282.2 lbs
Goal weight 150.00 lbs.
I have a very slow metabolism, and I am hoping to get into losing weight again, and am in desperate need of a support system.
opannod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #1123 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 55
Default

Michael - CONGRATS for breaking the 2's. I cannot wait until when I get there (notice I said when and not if).

Things are going pretty well, hit my 5th near term goal with 2 days to spare... which puts me down 81 lbs, 12 BMI points (and I am only 'obese'), and 1 lb away from a new decade (the 250s). I am focused on that 100 lbs loss, and I cannot wait. I am trying to think of something cool to do to celebrate the century mark (that is not food related). Isn't it depressing that most celebrations are focused on food. I'd love suggestions...

Welcome Donna. Sounds like you are doing the right things... I wonder if you tried to work out more often but for less time. Like do the gym for 4-5 days a week for only 45 mins to an hour. Also, when I was getting going, I started to walk to work, which is about a mile. I have done that every work day (with the exception of 3 days) for 5 months. I have to think that is having a positive impact on my weight loss (and my overall moral). Just finding 20 mins each to day to walk...

You found the right place and have a support system now...
__________________
-----------------------------
NYCMike
May 10, 2011 - Starting weight - 341 (Rock Bottom)
June 12, 2012 - current weight - 188

July 4th, Near term Goal 10 - 180
April 6th - Near term Goal 9 - 199 (Met!)
February 18th - Near term Goal 8 - 210 (Met! March 9)
January 12th - Near term Goal 7 - 225 (Met! Jan 5)
November 12 - Near term Goal 6 - 245 (Met! - Nov 9th)
Total Lost: 153 Lbs
NYCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:10 AM   #1124 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
snafuken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ontario,Canada
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCMike View Post
Michael - CONGRATS for breaking the 2's. I cannot wait until when I get there (notice I said when and not if).

Things are going pretty well, hit my 5th near term goal with 2 days to spare... which puts me down 81 lbs, 12 BMI points (and I am only 'obese'), and 1 lb away from a new decade (the 250s). I am focused on that 100 lbs loss, and I cannot wait. I am trying to think of something cool to do to celebrate the century mark (that is not food related). Isn't it depressing that most celebrations are focused on food. I'd love suggestions...

Welcome Donna. Sounds like you are doing the right things... I wonder if you tried to work out more often but for less time. Like do the gym for 4-5 days a week for only 45 mins to an hour. Also, when I was getting going, I started to walk to work, which is about a mile. I have done that every work day (with the exception of 3 days) for 5 months. I have to think that is having a positive impact on my weight loss (and my overall moral). Just finding 20 mins each to day to walk...

You found the right place and have a support system now...

Hey NYCMike,
How about this one
When you get to 241 Lbs , why don't you spend the whole day in clothes you wore at 341 Lbs.
Think of all the fun you will have explaining. That to me would be cause for celebration.Not to mention the motivation to keep going .....
__________________
Cheers,
Ken


Back at it date: Jan 6, 2013
Starting weight: 270 lbs
Current weight: 253 lbs.
snafuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:31 AM   #1125 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
Smile New to this thread and to FitDay

My name is Rhonda and I am new to FitDay. I have tried many diets through the years. The only two that I was vaguely successful on were Weight Watchers when I was in my 20's and Atkins. I finally resorted to Gastric Bypass surgery as diabetes and heart disease runs in my family.

Anyway, I had the surgery in July of 2009. My weight was 286 pounds at the time of surgery. I now weigh 186. My goal weight is 155. I had lost down to 175 but have regained 11 pounds. I decided it was time to get serious and keep up with my carbs and proteins, and work in some exercise.
reswoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #1126 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reswoodward View Post
My name is Rhonda and I am new to FitDay. I have tried many diets through the years. The only two that I was vaguely successful on were Weight Watchers when I was in my 20's and Atkins. I finally resorted to Gastric Bypass surgery as diabetes and heart disease runs in my family.

Anyway, I had the surgery in July of 2009. My weight was 286 pounds at the time of surgery. I now weigh 186. My goal weight is 155. I had lost down to 175 but have regained 11 pounds. I decided it was time to get serious and keep up with my carbs and proteins, and work in some exercise.
Rhonda, welcome! Glad to see you found us here, and decided to nip your weight gain in the bud before it get really serious.

Do you have an eating/exercise plan in mind? Figure out your approx. daily calorie burn and pick a calorie level less than that that you can live with. If you need any help or ideas, just ask!

Regards,
Michael
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #1127 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
snafuken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ontario,Canada
Posts: 113
Thumbs up South of 250

Hi,
Just wanted to say that I broke the 250 Lbs mark this morning.
A small victory. Many small victories will win the war .....
__________________
Cheers,
Ken


Back at it date: Jan 6, 2013
Starting weight: 270 lbs
Current weight: 253 lbs.
snafuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:29 PM   #1128 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 351
Default

Hey Ken, that is awesomesauce! Congrats!

Also congrats to everyone else; I can't really check in as much as I'd like, but I encourage each and every one of you!
__________________
Start Date & Weight: 5/12/10, 250 (or thereabouts)
Current weight: 154.2
Pounds lost: 95.8
Goal Weight: 140
changeisgood29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #1129 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafuken View Post
Hi,
Just wanted to say that I broke the 250 Lbs mark this morning.
A small victory. Many small victories will win the war .....
Good for you! Keep up the momentum and I'll see you in the Ones before you know it.

Regards,
Michael
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:19 AM   #1130 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6
Default New to the club

I also am looking to lose 100 pounds. Started this journey last week. I need all the help I can get! Mainly need help on what foods to eat and when. Starting weight was 331 pounds, I am now 322 pounds. Want to be at 225-230 by this time next year!
marsh714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
http://modamarket.cv.ua, www.workout-tools.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2