Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by snafuken
Well, I guess I meet the criteria to officialy join this thread. &
Not happy to admit that I have a 100 lbs to loose, but at least there a bunch of good folks here with support,advise,compassion and stories to share.
I've been here before and left. I'm back to stick it out to the end this time.
Just ordered this book. "The Protein Power Lifeplan"
I was impressed with what this husband/wife Dr. team had to say when I looked at some Youtube video excerps from FatHead by Tom Naughton.

The Protein Power Lifeplan: Amazon.ca: Michael R. Eades, Mary Dan Eades: Books
Old 08-31-2011, 09:14 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Just ordered this book. "The Protein Power Lifeplan"
I was impressed with what this husband/wife Dr. team had to say when I looked at some Youtube video excerps from FatHead by Tom Naughton.

The Protein Power Lifeplan: Amazon.ca: Michael R. Eades, Mary Dan Eades: Books
That looks like a good book. Any book that says we can eat meat is OK with me!

I'm back to work for the school year and the scale is already moving down again--I really do best with a structured daily schedule.

BMI is 31 as of this morning, so one more point and I'll be out of "obese" and simply "over weight"--Yippee Skippy!

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-01-2011, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Excellent Michael,
210 on the scale today must have brought a little smile on your face.
Your soon to be BMI #to 30 will bring an even bigger smile I am sure!
I am close to moving out of the "Extreme Obsesity" category .What a terrible handle.
.33 to go.
I'll post my thoughts on the book in a week or so. (It's still in the mail....)
Old 09-03-2011, 08:36 AM
FitDay Member

Haven't posted in a little bit... been busy and traveling. My pace for losing has slowed because I have been eating out and drinking a lot more then usual (damn the NYC summer). I still have been working out 5-6 times a week and things are still moving in a positive direction.

Welcome Ken, and great job on the first week. I know for me the first 6 weeks were really tough as my body was adjusting to eating healthier and I had some crazy mood swings (I probably wasn't the best person to be around). Just take it day by day.

Michael - Congrats on the continued success, you will be under 200 in no time, that is very exciting, I am very happy for you.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:17 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by NYCMike
Haven't posted in a little bit... been busy and traveling. My pace for losing has slowed because I have been eating out and drinking a lot more then usual (damn the NYC summer). I still have been working out 5-6 times a week and things are still moving in a positive direction.

Welcome Ken, and great job on the first week. I know for me the first 6 weeks were really tough as my body was adjusting to eating healthier and I had some crazy mood swings (I probably wasn't the best person to be around). Just take it day by day.

Michael - Congrats on the continued success, you will be under 200 in no time, that is very exciting, I am very happy for you.
Mood swings.....Ah ,glad to hear it's not only me.
It's amazing what goes on between the ears when you decide to correct decades of mis-managed lifestyle habits.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:10 PM
FitDay Member

I've been reading this thread for a little while, I feel like I know some of you. I tend to be a lurker (and a tad shy ... okay, extremely shy), but I decided to jump in and say hi

I've been watching what I eat, and getting out and exercising more for about a month now (since the beginning of August), and I have noticed a difference. I have become quite anal about recording everything that passes through my mouth, and it seems to have made a difference. I also splurged and bought myself a heart rate monitor so that I could have a better idea of how much energy I was expending walking and such (more than I thought!)

I think that there was something awful in the air over the weekend, as I had quite a horrible one! Felt very demotivated. So, I guess I get the moody bug too :P That's past now. Especially since I put on some jeans I hadn't worn in a month (they were tight!) and now they are hanging loose. I don't know what was wrong with me on the weekend. Even as hopeless as I was feeling about the changes I have been making, I kept to it, so I'm proud of myself for that.

Anyway, a big hello to all of you

Euphorica79
Old 09-04-2011, 08:01 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by euphorica79
I've been reading this thread for a little while, I feel like I know some of you. I tend to be a lurker (and a tad shy ... okay, extremely shy), but I decided to jump in and say hi

I've been watching what I eat, and getting out and exercising more for about a month now (since the beginning of August), and I have noticed a difference. I have become quite anal about recording everything that passes through my mouth, and it seems to have made a difference. I also splurged and bought myself a heart rate monitor so that I could have a better idea of how much energy I was expending walking and such (more than I thought!)

I think that there was something awful in the air over the weekend, as I had quite a horrible one! Felt very demotivated. So, I guess I get the moody bug too :P That's past now. Especially since I put on some jeans I hadn't worn in a month (they were tight!) and now they are hanging loose. I don't know what was wrong with me on the weekend. Even as hopeless as I was feeling about the changes I have been making, I kept to it, so I'm proud of myself for that.

Anyway, a big hello to all of you

Euphorica79
Welcome! Glad you decided to join the party

I think we all get in a food funk from time to time. We've just gotta keep our mind's eye on the "prize" and get over it.

Congrats on your progress thus far--there's not much better feeling than slipping into clothes that were previously too small. Keep up the fight and let us know how you're doing.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-05-2011, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Well, two weeks into this and still feeling very committed.I do feel better even though it's only been 14 days.
I'm finding the most difficult thing is getting through the evenings.(Post-dinner). I just want to eat.
I try and walk just under an hour about 5 days a week . (I'd love to walk every day but my left knee tends to bother me a bit.Two surguries have takenit's toal. I'm gonna pull the old Ab Roller out of the garage today to start adding it to my daily exercise routine.
Oh, and I'm down 8.5 Lbs,which is over 4Lbs a week to start ,so I'm pretty pleased with that .
Old 09-05-2011, 03:44 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Well, two weeks into this and still feeling very committed.I do feel better even though it's only been 14 days.
I'm finding the most difficult thing is getting through the evenings.(Post-dinner). I just want to eat.
I try and walk just under an hour about 5 days a week . (I'd love to walk every day but my left knee tends to bother me a bit.Two surguries have takenit's toal. I'm gonna pull the old Ab Roller out of the garage today to start adding it to my daily exercise routine.
Oh, and I'm down 8.5 Lbs,which is over 4Lbs a week to start ,so I'm pretty pleased with that .

8.5 down--that's great!

How about eating a larger dinner? I generally have about half my daily calories for dinner. Of course I can eat when I'm not hungry, but being full sure helps keep the tendency at bay. Just a thought.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-05-2011, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Labour Day a Great Day to Recommit

Many of you have been very committed to your journey over the summer months. For others, we have balanced life, friends and BBQ's in the spirit of summertime fun. Regardless of your rate of success, Labour Day is a great day to refocus on the months ahead, set your mini-goals, and reacquaint yourself with the great people on this site.

Yesterday, I had to go shopping as none of the pants, dresses or suits I wore last fall/winter fit me. I used to be a size 24-26. I am now buying size 14. What a great feeling.

For me, today has been off to a great start, breakfast and lunch total 450 cal, with a balanced calorie split. My exercise this morning included 24 mins of intervals on my elliptical and 30 min of Wii Fit plus. Tonight, we will take the dog for our usual 2 mile walk. Hubby and I are on this journey together and he is doing awesome.

Dinner tonight is Pork tenderloin, homemade coleslaw with low fat/ low cal dressing, and steamed yellow beans. Feeling good and focused. I am so excited about the prospects of breaking the 200 lbs point in the coming weeks.

Live, laugh, love.

TTYL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.