Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Well, my name is Tamika and I am almost a week into my weightloss journey. I look forward to spending a lot of time on this board. I am a 30 year old wife and a mother of 3, this is the first time that I have decided to make some changes in my life and absolutely without a doubt meant it!!
Old 08-06-2011, 01:03 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you!
I'm on antibiotics now and am doing much better. I've been eating more carbs than I should and haven't been to the gym in a few days but I've lost another pound. I'm trying to keep on track as much as possible. I'm still waiting for the test results from more tests I had done. It maybe just a really bad stomach bug and not salmonella but I wanted to be safe since I got sick after eating ground turkey and it is now recalled.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:44 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by lovelyaka08
Well, my name is Tamika and I am almost a week into my weightloss journey. I look forward to spending a lot of time on this board. I am a 30 year old wife and a mother of 3, this is the first time that I have decided to make some changes in my life and absolutely without a doubt meant it!!
Welcome! Sounds like you've got your "switch" turned on and that is (at least) 95% of this battle. If you use it religiously, tracking everything on FitDay will make losing 100 lbs. about as painless as it can be. If you have questions or need help, just ask.

Regards,
Michael
Old 08-08-2011, 02:20 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome Tamika and Damores... I think that you find that this forum is a great place for support where you can vent when things are rocky, and to get some great tips. When I first started getting healthy (i.e. stop binge eating), my mood swings were quite severe and it helped to get on here and just write about what I was feeling.

Virus - Are you out there, how are you doing?
Jacqueline - How did the interview go?
Beanerz - Thanks for the kind words a page back...

Things are going pretty well and I am really hitting my stride. I have begun running regularly (well really intervals of jogging for 2-3 mins, and walking 1 min). I am up to 4 miles 3x a week. I have also begun cooking at home a lot more (which is a rarity in NYC), and that is helping as well.

Hope you all are doing well!!
Old 08-09-2011, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Hello, Thanks for oyur post. I am a female currently weighing in at 254 I wand to lose 100lbs as well. I have started a diet and exercise plan and I'm only 3lbs down, any advise?
Old 08-09-2011, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

Talking I'mmmm Baaaaaack!

Hello to all my FitDay friends! It has been some time since I posted as I have been having some challenges on the life front (being human is a chore sometimes!) Weight loss is progressing and I am down to 283 as of this morning. I am still struggling with establishing the proper balance on the only medication I am still taking. I am down to a miniscule .25 of a tablet for my hypertension med and I think it is too much now as well. (B/P was 104 over 70 this morning)

I am eager to read the posts and get caught up but wanted to wish all a great day. To the friends here who have yet to know me, welcome! To my fitDay pals It is great to be back!

I need to set some goals as I am struggling to stay on track for an exercise regimen and I am really struggling to eat as the Dr. wishes. Getting the proper protein is getting routine but doing so without stumbling into all the fat that often comes with it is a challenge.

If anyone wants to share, I would love to hear about the diet process that is working for you. (or the one that is fighting with you) I think the support and information here is top rate and look forward to hearing from you all very soon!

All my best

Bill in KC
Old 08-09-2011, 11:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by warren6609
Hello to all my FitDay friends! It has been some time since I posted as I have been having some challenges on the life front (being human is a chore sometimes!) Weight loss is progressing and I am down to 283 as of this morning. I am still struggling with establishing the proper balance on the only medication I am still taking. I am down to a miniscule .25 of a tablet for my hypertension med and I think it is too much now as well. (B/P was 104 over 70 this morning)

I am eager to read the posts and get caught up but wanted to wish all a great day. To the friends here who have yet to know me, welcome! To my fitDay pals It is great to be back!

I need to set some goals as I am struggling to stay on track for an exercise regimen and I am really struggling to eat as the Dr. wishes. Getting the proper protein is getting routine but doing so without stumbling into all the fat that often comes with it is a challenge.

If anyone wants to share, I would love to hear about the diet process that is working for you. (or the one that is fighting with you) I think the support and information here is top rate and look forward to hearing from you all very soon!

All my best

Bill in KC
Billl, good to see you posting. Glad you're still doing well. I, too, have been a bit lax about exercising over the summer but will be right back at it when my job starts up again next week.

Regards,
Michael
Old 08-10-2011, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Bill...nice to see you back. I'm glad you are still losing. Congrats on the loss and keep up the hard work to get the rest of the way to your goals!
Old 08-10-2011, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

Bill - Welcome back... I have been wondering how you are doing. It's funny, we have been on a very similar trajectory...

Today I am celebrating 3 months of 'recovery', and I am down 57 LBs! Taken as a whole this has been the most difficult but healthiest and happiest 3 months of my life.

I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for your support and encouragement... Fitday, these forums, and all of you have really helped me get to this point and I can't thank you enough!!
Old 08-12-2011, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

Just an update on my progress... My neck still hurts from that BRICK WALL i ran into. Can't seem to get over this hill. In other words, still no losses. I'm relapsing like crazy. But there's good news. I went to the doctor today (who is monitoring my weight loss efforts), and he prescribed me a month supply of phentermine. He said it'll knock my appetite out and help get me back on track.

Anyone have any experience with Phentermine? Words of wisdom? Warnings?

If nothing else hopefully it'll give me that mental boost I need to get back into that weight loss mind set.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.