Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
How Quickly Will I Lose Inches >

How Quickly Will I Lose Inches

Community
Notices

How Quickly Will I Lose Inches

Old 11-19-2010, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

I can't say how fast the inches will come off. When I started I could step on a scale, but the tape measure scared me plenty and I didn't start measuring until I'd been at for a while. What I can tell you is that when I did measure my waist it was like 46" (and I'd already lost 20+ pounds), and now 11 months later it's hovering around 30". I can also tell you that it was very dramatic in the beginning and is less so now. I also think your workouts can have a lot of influence over how your body changes as you lose weight. Some workouts bulk muscle up, like weight lifting, and others make you lean and stringy all over like running and swimming.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:02 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks!

I am avoiding much weight because I do bulk up quickly. I have no intention of being a lady body builder!

I am gonna stick with what I'm doing for now. Eating better, walking 2 miles a day in addition to a 1 hour of a pretty intense cali/aero-type workout. At the very least, this is getting me ready for more intense exercise. Its also a good mommy alone time--when I don't bring the stroller!

Thank you so much for your help!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:29 AM
FitDay Member

Woman just don't bulk up unless they are using steroids. Woman produce way less testosterone than man and therefore produce a lot less muscle mass as well. You muscles will feel pumped after working out, and if they grow a little but still have significant fat on them they may appear bulky, but trust me as long as you plan on not using steroids you won't get bulky.

Imo fit women who lift weights are sexy.

Look at pictures of women fitness models not women bodybuilders, because those are what true natural physiques of women can look like when they lift weights. If you want a small waist, nice legs, a flat stomach, the best thing you could do for yourself is to eat healthy and start weight training, especially squatting.

I see women all the time thinking that weight lifting will make them bulky and they are turned off of the idea. But its great for you!