Notices

How Quickly Will I Lose Inches

Old 11-18-2010, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

Talking How Quickly Will I Lose Inches

An educated guess would be very helpful, lol. I am completely lost when it comes to figuring this stuff out.

If I have figured this right this right,

Under all this fat there is a good bit of muscle, lol.

I walk 2 miles a day at about 4.0 miles an hour. Both ends of my walk have a decent incline (feel the burn, baby!)

Average Daily Calories Eaten (1,338 calories)

Calories Burned (2,392 calories)

I weigh 165

Height is 5'4

I'm not "weighing myself". I am measuring myself instead.
So far I have lost about 1/4 inch off my waist this past week. Could be for any reason though!

This is my first attempt to lose fat since having the Mirena devil removed about 2 months ago.

If you need more information, just let me know.

Thank you very much!
Old 11-18-2010, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not sure what the Mirena devil is, but keep in mind that your waist will probably lose it slower than other places. The are just too many variables for me to even try to guess. I would just set a realistic long term goal with maybe a mini goal here and there. I will say that the weight can come off a lot quicker than it went on.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jay_Wyatt
An educated guess would be very helpful, lol. I am completely lost when it comes to figuring this stuff out.

If I have figured this right this right,

Under all this fat there is a good bit of muscle, lol.

I walk 2 miles a day at about 4.0 miles an hour. Both ends of my walk have a decent incline (feel the burn, baby!)

Average Daily Calories Eaten (1,338 calories)

Calories Burned (2,392 calories)

I weigh 165

Height is 5'4

I'm not "weighing myself". I am measuring myself instead.
So far I have lost about 1/4 inch off my waist this past week. Could be for any reason though!

This is my first attempt to lose fat since having the Mirena devil removed about 2 months ago.

If you need more information, just let me know.

Thank you very much!
why do you say 'Mirena devil'?? I was thinking about getting an IUD but I hear from everyone who had it that they only had problems with it. Did you put on weight after you got it implanted?
I hope my Q isn't too personal, if it is, just leave it unanswered....
Old 11-18-2010, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

It's hard for anyone to guess how many inches you might lose because of many factors. Everyone's body is different. We all lose weight at different paces. The exercise you do can either speed up or slow down the process of losing inches. Inches are lost across the entire body not just in the belly, therefore you'd need to keep track by using the measurement guide provided by fit day. Put in your measurements an then measure yourself in a month or so and see how you've lost.

Ideally, if you're following a healthy weight loss plan, in-taking enough calories and working out often enough then you should lose about 1lb a week or so on average. but since you aren't weighing yourself just measure yourself either every two weeks or month and you should see progress.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:49 AM
FitDay Member

It depends on everyone, some bodies are just itching to get rid of the weight. If you eat on a calorie deficit of healthy whole foods and exercise you should see results pretty fast.

You didn't say you were doing resistance training, and this is the fastest way along with diet to lose the inches and improve your body composition.

Last edited by midwestj; 11-18-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:02 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks!

I really am confused. To lose weight I am supposed to follow this for calories, right?

Calories You Burn: 2,363

Calorie Restriction: 609

Calorie You Can Eat: 1,754

So, at my exercise level now, I can eat 1,754 calories a day and lose weight in the goal time I set?

How accurate is FitDay? That is alllllot of yummy, delicious calories. LOL

I don't want to under eat.

I am walking a bit over 2 miles a day now. That is without weights.

I just started today using 14 ounce weights in each hand while I did aerobics for 1 hour.

Other than normal housework and chasing a toddler that's about it for my daily exercise.

---

I had the Mirena placed 6 weeks after giving birth to my son. He is 4 now. Up to that I had lost about 30 pounds. After the Mirena was in, the weight loss stopped. With exercise--still no weight loss!

I also got cystic acne, terrible mood swings, terrible pains in my abdomen, bleeding, dandruff, uterine cysts--there is so much more.

After the Mirena was taken out, my abdominal swelling went down and then away. No more unexplained pains, mood swings, acne, dry skin. I am not 100% yet, but I am getting there!

I would not recommend Mirena to anyone. It made me decide that, if God didn't put the extra hormones in me, I'll be danged if a Dr will! LOL

Thank you all so much.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Jay, it looks like you have the basics down, which is all you really need to get started.

So, at my exercise level now, I can eat 1,754 calories a day and lose weight in the goal time I set?

Correct. In response to how accurate FitDay is in terms of that timeline - I'd say, 'on paper,' that FitDay is very accurate. However, there are so many variables involved in losing weight. For instance, some lose weight faster and some lose slower; most folks also hit a plateau here and there, etc. etc. With that said, though, I think the calorie ranges for weight loss provided by FitDay are pretty accurate.

When I first started, I was way too scared to weigh myself, so I didn't even step on the scale for 3 months - instead, I just took my measurements. I found it more than sufficient for motivation, and still take my measurements every 2 weeks or so. So, measuring is definitely great, even if none of us can tell you how fast those inches will drop off.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:56 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you all for taking the time to help me out. I will probably go and buy a scale next week. That way it will be there in case I wanna know my weight.

To meet FitDay requirements, I'll just have to "force" myself to eat a few more calories. LOL
Old 11-18-2010, 04:03 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Jay while you are out there get yourself a tape measure, and a body fat calipers too, because losing weight can be a number of things, water, muscle, fat, waste etc..

Fitday has been pretty accurate for me, sometimes it takes some tweaking with your lifestyle and stuff to get the intake just right. Give it a try at the 1750 and see if you are losing weight. Sometimes Just eating a little less and eating healthy can make the weight come off fast initially without having a huge deficit, it did for me.

The number one thing is NEVER GIVE UP!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks!

I just bought a caliper on Ebay. I have a tape measure because I sew. Wow, never thought I would enjoy "working out". Now I am buying special gadgets!

I'm sure I will have more questions to come!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.