What are some healthier Alcohol options/suggestions

Community
Notices

What are some healthier Alcohol options/suggestions

Old 08-01-2011, 12:54 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by MKDave
Thanks for replies.

I do eat crap when I'm drunk and it's beer that i drink. I'm seriously doing it. Got to beat my demons so I WILL make it through the whole of August.

I'll keep you up to date
Good for you! It is a vicious circle. 30 days, while it may not be easy should be long enough to break the habit. After that, if you decide not to quit entirely, think about the once a month idea. Of course, alcohol is empty calories and even worse, keeps your liver busy processing it instead of processing the fat you eat so you get a double whammy.

I'm assuming you are here to lose weight in conjunction with getting the beer monkey off your back (mine was pretty comfy there!). You'll be amazed at how fast the weight will come off once you lay off the beer and junk food.

Let us know how you're doing, and if you slip, get right back at it. I don't know how many times in the past my weight loss attempts have been derailed by "all or nothing thinking". No one is perfect and one slip is no reason to even consider throwing in the towel.

Regards,
Michael
Old 08-01-2011, 01:29 PM
FitDay Member

Alcohol slows your metabolism by 37% or something, even when you're buzzed (idk how true this is, true enough for me to stay away from alcohol!!!)
Old 08-02-2011, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

I understand as well. I'm a karaoke fiend (that's right, I said it ) and every time I went out, which was a couple times a week, I'd easily down three or four double Jack and Diets. Now, carb wise there's no problem, but calorie wise, well... that's like 800 calories. Now I look at that and think, what a waste of good calories! The first time I did karaoke just drinking Diet Coke was awesome, 'cause I actually sounded a lot better! I swear it's true Anyway, now I usually just stick with soda or a glass or red wine (only 125 calories, and far more refined than whiskey )
Old 08-02-2011, 06:46 PM
FitDay Member

A lot of people have had good experiences with taking glutamine to kill their desire to drink alcohol and/or have sweets. Maybe check that out.

Edit: I'm not really sure why it says my join date is Aug of '11 seeing as how I've been on this website for years ha.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:11 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by njc0las
A lot of people have had good experiences with taking glutamine to kill their desire to drink alcohol and/or have sweets. Maybe check that out.

Edit: I'm not really sure why it says my join date is Aug of '11 seeing as how I've been on this website for years ha.
It's your forum join date. I've used FitDay since '01 but only joined the forum last year.

Regards,
Michael