Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Losing weight/gaining muscle.  PLEASE HELP >

Losing weight/gaining muscle. PLEASE HELP

Community
Notices

Losing weight/gaining muscle. PLEASE HELP

Old 11-19-2010, 08:11 AM
FitDay Member

Its pretty hard to build significant muscle while on fat loss.

I have been losing weight for 5 months, lifting heavy compound lifts. I increase resistance all the time, but even now after 5 months of increasing resistance, I have lost 5lbs or so of lean mass.

If you are going to be at a calorie deficit you should just expect to preserve your muscle, while losing fat. Realistically you won't lose 5 lbs of fat and gain 5 lbs of muscle in two weeks, its just not even possible to gain that kind of muscle naturally on a calorie surplus even.

To still be gaining a moderate amount of muscle while losing fat you need to be at the minimum of calorie deficits, like -250 or -500 per day. Most people go strait for the -1000 per day because they want the weight gone. It also takes really heavy lifting, and an immaculate diet.

Otherwise like me your best bet is to preserve as much of your muscle as you can while getting rid of your body fat.

Muscle weighs the same as fat, but muscle is more dense and takes up less space. A pound of feathers weighs the same as a pound of bricks.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by midwestj
Muscle weighs the same as fat, but muscle is more dense and takes up less space. A pound of feathers weighs the same as a pound of bricks.
thanks, this has been driving me nuts! I try to beat it into peoples heads... lol
Old 11-19-2010, 08:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
thanks, this has been driving me nuts! I try to beat it into peoples heads... Lol
mythbusters!
Old 12-18-2022, 08:55 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by emmac83
I need some help. I am trying to lose weight and gain muscle. I am 6'2" 276 currently. I have always heard that muscle weighs more than fat..... true or not? If so, then while I am dieting and walking/jogging, and on top of that lifting weights building muscle, then how will I be able to accurately track my weight loss. Seems like my weight would be going up and down like crazy(losing fat gaining muscle). I mean if I lose 10 pounds of fat and put on 5-10 in muscle, how do I keep track and stay positive if the scale keeps telling me the same thing. I think we all know that if we diet and exercise and don't SEE results (scale telling us we are smaller ), we become demotivated pretty easily. I don't think this will happen to me but, I just want to know if there is any way to keep track.

Also my goal weight of 225 is saying I will still be "overweight"..... Like I said I am 6'2" 276, I think it wanted me down at like 190 or something to be ideal... I don't think that would be possible. I forget which body type I am, but it is the one that can't ever really be skinny.... I believe the technical/scientific term we like to use is "big boned"? LOL. Any advice on a good weight goal, or does 6'2" 225 sound good?

Any help would be great!!! Thanks!

Muscle always weigh faster than fat.
Old 12-20-2022, 09:49 PM
FitDay Member

Try to follow calorie deficit diet. You can try weight loss supplement and on the other hand try to eat more than 150 grams of protein.
Old 02-06-2023, 04:25 PM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb Best Gym Strength Training and Workouts

Strength Training is also another name for resistance training. Strength training is an exercise that uses opposing force or weight to improve muscle strength, posture, stability, and mobility. Strength training, as opposed to resistance training, which is generally a bodyweight exercise or done with resistance bands, uses dumbbells, kettlebells, or even barbells to load the body with a weight for each exercise.

Note: If you wanna build your muscle biceps and triceps and full body exercise then go through the following exercises which include Weighted and Weightless exercises along with Benefits and Tips.
Safa Fitness Club
has the best article written for beginners who interested in strength trainings. Just go through the following link for complete articles

Link to Complete Article: safafitnessclub.com/the-complete-strength-training-guide-for-beginners-benifits-tips-training-exercises/
Old 02-07-2023, 11:10 PM
FitDay Member

Losing weight is Tone and shape your upper and lower body with ease with eight different attachments. Work your arms, legs, and buttocks with two different exercise resistance bands, polish your pushups with dynamic or static handlebars, stimulate your core with the ab roller wheel, and feel the burn with the Fusion tricep bar!
Old 02-16-2023, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Your body can use its fat reserves as fuel and potentially as a source of muscle growth if you can maintain a lifting regimen and eat in a caloric deficit. Protein-rich diets should be prioritized if you want to simultaneously build muscle and lose body fat.
Old 02-16-2023, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Practice relaxation techniques such as deep breathing and progressive muscle relaxation to help manage in physical exercise. If you need any help related to health discuss with root to recovery.
Visit: https ://roottorecoveryllc.com/
Old 02-16-2023, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Program Your Mind is a book about mental Illness and anxiety, so people can learn to cope with such situation.
Visit us: https :// goharchaudhary. com/

Last edited by goharschaudhary; 02-16-2023 at 03:10 AM. Reason: mental Illness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.