Notices

A new day!

Old 11-02-2010, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Red face A new day!

Just joined today and I am sooo excited! I think this website will really help me to keep on going and not giving up. I like that forums because I get to chat with others who are striving for the same thing! Any success stories or advice? Please share! Thank u
Old 11-02-2010, 10:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by soon2bkimk
Just joined today and I am sooo excited! I think this website will really help me to keep on going and not giving up. I like that forums because I get to chat with others who are striving for the same thing! Any success stories or advice? Please share! Thank u
Welcome to the forum. I've lost pretty close to 100 lbs. since the first of May by using FitDay, so I can say w/o reservation that it works (if you work it).
Old 11-02-2010, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome. Sounds like you've got the right attitude! I have lost 7 lbs in about 7 weeks. I know it may seem slow but I would say it is the first time I can remember taking it off and keeping it off for more than a week or two.

I also found that checking in somewhere weekly in the forum and setting short and long term goals is a good way to stay on track.

Be patient and enjoy the journey.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:58 AM
FitDay Member

Wink

Today is my first day on the site also but have been doing atkins for 3 weeks now and have lost 11 lbs. My clothes actually fit. Now I only have 70lbs to go.

Anyone with advice, please share. I am excited to get back to normal where I was 5 years ago. One of the set backs of being married to a chef LOL.

GOOD LUCK to ALL !!
Old 11-03-2010, 12:45 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, everyone is doing so great! Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Welcome to the forum. I've lost pretty close to 100 lbs. since the first of May by using FitDay, so I can say w/o reservation that it works (if you work it).
Wow, that is great! What type of diet/exercise plan have you been using? I would love to hear any suggestions you may have!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by soon2bkimk
welcome and good luck! You will find lots of excellent advice, support and encouragement here. If you really want to do this, you can! Be clear about short term and long term goals in your mind, read, drink water, read, drink some more water..and plan your strategy. Tell us a little more about yourself and what you want.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:16 PM
FitDay Member

My main advice: Diet is a four-letter word. Diets always fail, because they're a short term plan. Eventually the diet ends, you go back to eating what you did before, and guess what? You end up just as heavy as you were before. It's about finding a healthy way of living that you can maintain for the rest of your life. That takes time, patience, and sometimes a whole lotta trial and error.

This is something I tell my clients (I'm a veterinary technician by trade) when they ask me what's the best pet food? My answer is, you may as well ask me what the best religion is. A lot of it is about what's important to you, and what works with your lifestyle. Veganism and Atkins are both healthy lifestyles, IF you follow them properly. Humans are omnivores, which means we're built to eat pretty much anything under the sun. It shouldn't be too surprising that we've come up with so many different ways of eating.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

@gallusgal..thanks for the advice..this place is great. Just what I have been needing. I'm 23 and started gaining when I was 16/17. I didn't even realize it! It really did sneak up on me. It all came to a realization when I was watching a home video of my niece's birth at the hospital. I saw myself walking past the camera and was in shock! I know that the camera adds, but 45 LBS?? I have been working hard to lose it but am having difficulty finding all the time that goes into making healthy foods and snack..to exercising. When I do have time though I love Zumba! Best workout ever!
@Lizzycritter-I do agree. Diets, for me especially, dont work. They may somewhat fix the problem and that moment but the real issue still has not been addressed. I know if I exercise than I can eat more of what I like. I looove trying different types of food. That's my weakness. And I love chocolate lol I just have to balance what I eat and how ofter I work out.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:26 PM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=soon2bkimk;24496]@gallusgal..thanks for the advice..this place is great. Just what I have been needing. I'm 23 and started gaining when I was 16/17. I didn't even realize it! It really did sneak up on me. It all came to a realization when I was watching a home video of my niece's birth at the hospital. I saw myself walking past the camera and was in shock! I know that the camera adds, but 45 LBS?? I have been working hard to lose it but am having difficulty finding all the time that goes into making healthy foods and snack..to exercising. When I do have time though I love Zumba! Best workout ever!

Yeah, it's funny how it sneaks up on you like that! I must have had a magic mirror or something, I didn't accept how FAT I was ( I am not going to say 'overweight', I was FAT no, I was OBESE!) till I saw the Xmas pics from last year. If ever I needed motivation that was it. Lizzy is right about diet. Going on a 'diet' is setting yourself up for failure from the get go. You lose, sometimes quickly but gain it all back and more.

I had to re-think my approach to food and excercise. I hate to use the 'L' word, but I had to make a commitment to changing my lifestyle, forever.

You need a plan, and I am sorry if it sounds harsh, but you need to make time. A healthy meal can be easily put together. And once you get into a pattern it becomes second nature.

You can factor in your chocolate, but do you really need a whole bar? I never was a choc lover, but I have a savoury rather than sweet tooth. I have a bag of low-cal potato curls every other day and I allow for that. I also allow for the odd social glass of wine or two, a chinese take away every once in a while, (chop suey or a noodle dish) all the things that you don't do when you are on a 'diet'.

But I am meticulous about logging everything and I don't binge. Sorry for rambling on, I really wish you all the best. Read some of the threads on here, listen to advice (especially lizzy and almeeker) and go for it! The Zumba is great exercise, move lots, eat less processed crap, and you will be amazed at what you can achieve in a relatively short time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.