The Healthy Community >

The Healthy Community

Community
Notices
Like Tree1Likes

The Healthy Community

Old 01-28-2010, 12:48 PM
FitDay Member

dbrinkley, you sound like such an inspiration. I like your attitude and I've enjoyed reading your posts. keep up the good work.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:15 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Diane, If I were you I'd pick one scale to believe in and go as that weight. The lowest one of course Your doing a great and that is all that counts really.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:34 PM
FitDay Member

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with weight loss but it was one of my New Years resolutions. One was to learn Spanish and the other was to learn how to play the banjo!
I just got back from my first banjo lesson. I think I am going to like it, no- LOVE it Now to get started on the Spanish........
Old 01-28-2010, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!

Jen, don't beat yourself up too badly, just get back on track. I haven't been able to allow myself those free meals yet. My reason is because I think I would not be able to stop. One of my co workers had a burger from my favourite burger joint, so I went into his office while he ate and just breathed in the yummy smell of that burger!

I had a salad with chicken and egg whites for dinner, and I am only at 790 calories today! I need to eat more, but at the same time it is weigh in day tomorrow!! Oh what to do!! LOL. I will have a couple tiny clementine oranges later, but not sure what else. I am still low on protein....jez I have a problem getting enough protein. Does anybody else?
Old 01-28-2010, 02:17 PM
FitDay Member

[COLOR="Magenta"]Hey everyone! New here & so far im lovin it! I have quite a ways to go, but im takin baby steps. Definetely gonna be makin a major change since i addded up what all i ate, thinknin i was doin good, & was amazed at how much it quickly adds up! Only did 15 min on the treadmill today, weather was icky outside an iwas just really tired from work today. I usually walk with my dog at the park for 45 min to an hour. But tomorrow is a new day![/COLOR]
Old 01-28-2010, 02:24 PM
FitDay Member

I actually lost more weight! Okay, I got on the scale yesterday afternoon and got really discouraged because I weighed 213 and then had my cake last night and Apple Bees today. I figured I would weigh maybe 214 tonight. But I got on the scale at Publix and weigh 211.5! I can't wait for the weigh in tomorrow! I am stunned. I know my weight loss will slow down but YAY! Inspires me to keep pressing on.

Kathy- I was the same way with the cheat meals! When I would cheat I would lose it. Break the diet... and gain even more weight... BUT having Johnny here to help me and keep me pressing on is the only reason I am still on Track. Just sayin.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:28 PM
FitDay Member

Just for a quick update and end to my drama, I went out with Mom tonight, and picked up a new scale. Ironically enough, it was the Biggest Loser scale from Taylor. For just a basic, digital model, that was accurate up to 400 pounds, it was the best price. Sadly enough, it said I weigh 335 , so I've been busy adjusting all my stuff, but I think I'm just going to keep doing what I've been doing. I've gotten used to eating between 1200-1400 calories a day, and that just means I won't have to adjust as I get smaller.

Since everybody seems to be weighing in on Fridays, I'll just make that my day as well, and keep the measurements on Tuesdays, that way I can have like a mid week check!!

I'd like to give a big HUGE congratulations to everyone for working out so diligently this week so far!! I'm proud of all of you!

Well, I'm going to go brush my teeth and curl up with my awesomely gianormous book for a little bit before I go to sleep! I look forward to "seeing" you all here tomorrow, and I KNOW its going to be with excellent news of success!! Good night, everyone!

p.s. To showmenow, thank you for the wonderful words, I would have never in a million years thought of myself as inspirational to anyone. That's inspiring to me!! And highly motivating. You made my night!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:55 PM
FitDay Member

Cool

Hello all;

Hope this comes thru, for some reason I've been unable to quick reply to anyone. It was late but I got my 2 miles on the treadmill for Thursday. Praise the Lord !! I almost didn't make it. All your post are really motivational , I really need that accountabillity or I would have just blown it off tonight, so thanks all. As someone earlier had said congrats on everybody's hard work. We've done good!!
Old 01-28-2010, 03:52 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kathietaylor
Hi everyone!

I am still low on protein....jez I have a problem getting enough protein. Does anybody else?
I'm having the same problem. I eat meat but it doesn't seem to be enough protein. I guess maybe I need some cottage cheese or something.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:01 PM
FitDay Member

I hate cottage cheese! Plus it is really high in sodium. I know tuna is a great source of protein, but I can't eat that everyday. Chicken I eat often, but it has fat too...as does beef and pork. Nuts too, lotsa fat and calories - although I do eat 11 almonds every day. Ya it is a pain getting the right amount of protein.

Daisy, welcome!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.