Community
Notices
Like Tree1Likes

The Healthy Community

Old 01-27-2010, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by need2losen2010
Hello;
I like the idea of an exercise challenge. How about it? Commit to an activity for at least 20 min. 5 x a week. Then post if we've met the goal . I too know if I get on the treadmill I do feel so much better. But sometimes it's hard to take the first step. If I say I'll do 10 min. once I start , then it's 10 more, & usually another 10. Just have to get past that first step.
I do the same thing!! I will commit to 10 minutes, but it always turns out to be more! And I will commit to a challenge of 5 days a week, 10 minutes each time minimum (most likely will be 20 or more, but I need to set myself reasonable goals or I will give up!). I have already gone 3 times this week (counting Sunday as day 1 of the week) so two more to go!! I have 4 days to accomplish this.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:10 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in. I walked two miles this morning- 30 minutes.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

oh good lord, I just finished my workout. I pushed it a little harder today than I have been, I'm definitely feeling it today!! Good job everyone who's worked out today!! Way to be strong!!
Old 01-27-2010, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default So discouraged!

Okay, I just walked to publix and got on the scale and it says 213! I have been working my butt off... eating a lot less... (actually sometimes going to bed at night hungry!) and exercising A LOT! I got on the scale on Sunday and I was 213.5 and now today I am 213? What am I doing wrong? Like I am completely discouraged and feel almost defeated here. I thought the scale would have shown me more of a weight loss then that.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:44 AM
FitDay Member

Jen, that is a half a pound lost in 72 hours! That is GOOD! Don't be discouraged. At least you didn't do like me and freaken GAIN 3 pounds, since Friday. I am down 2, which means I am up 1 still, and I have been GOOD! Our bodies don't act like calculators, unfortunately. So do like I am going to and keep going, one day that scale will reflect our hard work!! Make sure your water intake is up, any fluid retention can be cured by drinking more water!! I need to remind myself of this too!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

Kathy, Thank You for encouraging words. I guess I forgot to look at the big picture.... in the last 7 days I've lost 5 pounds.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Gang,

Count me in on the exercise challenge - good idea!!!!

It is amazing how weight can go up and down from day to day, definitely fluid weight. Salt intake could contribute to water retention too, I believe.

We don't eat out nearly as much as we used to. And recently, I feel I have somewhat re-discovered cooking so I am motivated to try new and exciting recipes. I actually prefer to eat in now, and just splurge on ingredients every once in awhile like crab (having that tonight, yum).

Feeling good, got some good walking in today and I do believe I will be reporting a loss this Friday!

I have some trouble getting on this website from time to time too...not sure why. I find it helps to run Internet Explorer 'without add-ons'.

Way to go Jennifer, 5lb in 7 days is AWESOME!

Hang in everyone, we can do this!
Old 01-27-2010, 01:17 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy

So I have a question for you guys. Has anyone weighed themselves on both a digital scale and an "old school" rotary scale and come up with two vastly different numbers? My friend's rotary scale weighs me in right around 300. My mom's digital tonight says I weight 338. I don't feel like I'm that heavy. I mean, I guess it could be denial, but I look at folks who are in the 330's, and my body doesn't look anything like them. I know every body is different in the way that it carries weight, but still. I've never been that heavy, and I can wear clothes that I was wearing under 300, so I can't imagine they would still fit 40 pounds later.

I also noticed that when I was eating calories for the higher weight, I wasn't really losing anything at all, pounds or inches, but eating at the 300 compensation I've been dropping. I'm very confused by this, so I was curious about such a disparity. Another thing that makes me trust the rotary scale more is that her scale is only about five pounds shy of her doctor's, and come on, we all know we weigh more on the doctor's scale than any other one!!

I just can't believe that I would be in 22's and they would be loose at almost 350, you know. I don't really know which one to believe, but I guess since whatever I'm doing is working, I'll just stick with and my tape measure and not worry about the numbers so much. But you better believe I'll be hopping back on her scale the next time I'm over there!!

Thanks for listening!!
Old 01-27-2010, 02:30 PM
FitDay Member

Did 30 minutes on the treadmill today. My second workout of the week did 60 min on treadmill last night while watching the Biggest loser it was a really slow walk but I kept the incline between 7-10.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:23 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Diane, The scale I would trust would be the best quality one, and maybe the one that is newer (either digital or the old school one). I trust the scale at my doctor's office, and I just recently went for a check up, so I know where I am at, and it is within 2 lb of my own home scale. Nice to know your exact 'real' weight - BUT in the end, as long as the numbers go down with your measurements, that really is what is important!!

Needtolose...Way to go, nice workout! Glad to see so many treadmillers here; I am one too! Feels good to dust off my treadmill and actually use it now!!!

Last edited by Shell250; 01-27-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.