The Healthy Community >

The Healthy Community

Community
Notices
Like Tree1Likes

The Healthy Community

Old 01-22-2010, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

I have an idea. I can set up a page on my website and anyone that wants to order them can. I will get them and ship them out. It will take me a day or two to get it set-up. I will need to go to the store and see how much they cost. I don't want to overcharge anyone. Does that sound good?
Old 01-22-2010, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

I would buy them... that's for sure!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there my friends!! How is everyone on this saturday!?? The weekend is upon us, and is often a challenge to stay on track. What are your plans to keep to the program?

For me, I have to stay away from restaurants and bars. No going out for me! As someone mentioned in an earlier thread, our socializing in today's society seems to revolve around food! If I do any socializing at all it will be with my sister and or 2nd daughter as they are both trying to eat healthy and lose some weight as well.

I stepped on the scale this morning - I know, I know, weighing once a week is better, but I just can't help myself - and I was down to 166.8! That is a .4 lb loss. I was pretty hyped by that! I think I am going to try making some healthy muffins from scratach today...I am going to add oats, bran, whole wheat flour, applesauce, raisins and anything else that seems like a good idea. I did read that you can add whey protein powder to your muffins for added protein...that is an interesting idea.

Looking forward to hearing your plans for the weekend!
Old 01-23-2010, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Jennifer, Thanks for the support! Hey, you can probably order that muffin mix and they will ship it to you. I would contact the company and inquire.

Weighed myself, and no loss this week (but no gain either). Didn't do any measurements, but will next Friday. I sort of blew it last night. Went out to a concert and I was snacking like crazy. CRAZY, RGH! Logged each and every detail this morning. Good to see the whole breakdown of my day, really a great reminder. But back on the wagon again today. Weekends are hard for me, and I need to get out of that free-for-all-mode that I tend to allow myself to slip into on weekends. Those days are over.

Today, I am going to cook up some salmon, Quinoa, veggies, drink lots of water - good clean food.

OOPS Sorry, didn't see Showmenow's offer to ship the mix! I may check that out myself if I can't find it locally...

Way to go Jennifer! No more socializing planned for me this weekend. I am also going to get my grocery list in order and think about meal planning for the week. AND getting on the treadmill today too!

Last edited by Shell250; 01-23-2010 at 05:32 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hello to you too, Kathie! I might be getting together with some friends tonight. We used to get together every Saturday night, but as happens, we really haven't all been together in about a year. Traditionally us getting together means everyone stopping at some fast food joint on the way over to grab something to eat at who ever's house we're gathering at. My plan tonight is to eat before I go over, and then pack some grapes to munch on during the evening, and bringing my awesome aluminum, skull paisley water bottle with me so I'm drinking water instead of whatever soda they have available.

I don't really exercise like I should. I'm kind of self conscience about hopping around the living room with my boyfriend staring at me. Then again, I've offered to show him what I'm up to sometime so he can see how insane it is. I do have a couple hours of housework that needs to be done, and I always work up a good sweat cleaning, so that will be some excerise one day this weekend! And I have archery practice Sunday, and I think I've mentioned it before, but if not, its not much on the aerobic front, but its good strength training! And its supposed to be sunny and 62 tomorrow, which makes me just itch to get outside after all this cold rain!

My biggest struggle is the lack of schedule during the weekend. Even though I'm unemployed, I get up at seven with Grady and keep normal hours. That way I can't miss any calls from potential jobs, and when I get one I don't have to spend weeks getting back to a normal routine. So I eat at normal times during the week, but there's no telling on the weekends.

So yeah, I've rambled enough for one post. Everyone have successful weekends!
Old 01-23-2010, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

Shell, YAY for getting on the treadmill... and hey, if u didn't lose this week.. that's okay! As long as you didn't gain... it's awesome!

Today is Johnnies and my cheat meal day... and I am terrified. We promised each other that we would only have ONE cheat meal a week (which has helped both of us not give up this week at all.... when one wanted to give up we would remind each other that we only had to wait till saturday!). Our cheat meal this week is Pizza. We both love pizza and we would have it two to three times weekly before... and we would always order two large pizza's and save the left overs. Now? We're gonna order one medium pizza and throw the left overs.

I guess my thing is- I don't wanna eat pizza and then break my diet all together... ya' know? Like eat this pizza- like it to much- and then go crazy... as I've done EVERY other time I've tried to lose weight. Any advice?

P.S. I am being careful of what I am eating for everything else today. I'm not starving myself by any means but like... for Breakfast I had A piece of chicken... lunch is pizza, and dinner is gonna be all fresh veggies... to hopefully help with the calorie count in the pizza.

Last edited by JenniferAld; 01-23-2010 at 06:02 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:57 AM
FitDay Member

Jennifer, how about making sure you pizza has a lot of veggies on it, not a meatlovers or anything similar? Give yourself a limit on how many pieces you will eat...like say 2! And supplement the meal with a salad or a veggie plate or something. It is more about portion control than anything. It is okay, and even GOOD to have a free meal during the week, but you still have to stay within reasonable limits. Oh and drink a really huge glass of water before you sit down to eat that pizza, that will really help you not overeat!

And very smart of you to chose the free meal as a lunch, rather than a supper!!

Shell, no beating yourself up over snacking last night! Consider that your indulgence for the week (as I consider my chicken wing fiasco!! LOL!) and get back at it today. Drink some extra water today to try and wash away those extra calories you ate! Have a couple of cups of green tea a day, if you can stomach it...it is proven to assist in weight loss. I am sipping on my very first cup of green tea right now. Not lovin it, but I am gonna try and choke er down.

Diane, it sounds like you have things well in hand for your night of socializing tonight! That is great. I am like you and feel totally stupid working out in front of anyone else, unless they are doing it with me. I decided I am going to get on the treadmill today for 10 minutes. I can do 10 minutes, what is 10 minutes out of my day??? Right??? Tonight I might do another 10 minutes, but even if I don't, I can feel proud of myself for doing the first 10. I mean we have to start somewhere!!

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed....I have to be totally committed and consumed with a weightloss plan in order for it to work, which explains why I post so much of these forums, I hope you don't get sick to death of me!
Old 01-23-2010, 11:07 AM
FitDay Member

Hello again,

Kathie, I feel I am hanging out here waayyy too much too - but there are worse things we could be doing...right!? lol I am absolutely bent on losing this weight, and getting healthy!! I am not tired of seeing anyone here, I am thankful there are others out there like me and these forums are so active! Way to go getting on the treadmill. I find that the biggest hurdle is just getting on it. Once I am on, and even if I plan to do only 10 minutes, I usually end up doing more. But even if you do just do 10 minutes, any amount of time exercising is better than nothing, right? Oh, I have tried green tea, can't stand it. I have tried various brands and I just don't like it. Getting in lots of water in today though.

Jennifer, I agree with Kathie, excellent to do your 'cheat meal' as a lunch, I will have to remember that. Good idea to have a big salad too. Also very good to plan to balance out the pizza with the rest of your meals for the day, that is awesome. And remember that in moderation, all foods are OK!

Diane, Way to go planning ahead for snacking! It is a must for me. I could have planned better last night. Oh well, there is always next time! Archery sounds like fun, and yes, very good for the arms too. Have a fun night with your friends!

Hang in there everyone. We can do this, we are getting healthy!
Old 01-23-2010, 12:10 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Shell, I ended up doing 20 minutes on the treadmill!! Woohoo! Once I got going, 10 minutes seemed stupid, I mean it was easy and feeling good, I even put an incline on it for the second 10 minutes.

I made myself some really low cal muffins, but I made them too sweet, if you can believe that, and only 2gs of fat per muffin! Total calories 102 . I use a website called NutritionData.com when I cook something from scratch and it analyzes it for me, its a little awkward to use, but I find it very helpful as I do cook from scratch a lot.

Anyways, thats it, just wanted to boast about my 20 minutes on the treadmill!
Old 01-24-2010, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go Kathie!! Getting on the 'mill is always a triumph, 20 min is excellent! Sounds like a good website, I'll go and check it out.

Have a great day everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.