Notices
Like Tree1Likes

The Healthy Community

Old 02-03-2010, 06:03 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Mary - I exercise quite a bit (2 - 4 hours) so don't have trouble with my calorie limit but it is usually under 1300. I tried to get in at least 5 servings of vegetables as they are filling and fruit for my snacks. I try to keep my meat portions under 3 oz and beef only once a week - sometimes two but usually chicken, turkey or fish. I have found that a perfect dip for veggies etc is Greek Tzatziki. Because it is Greek yogurt based, two tablespoons is only 90 calories. Try to be sure to get in your water. I have found that often I am not hungry but thirsty. Also my cheat when I have to have a snack is Smart Pop popcorn and on the nights I have to have something it satisfies that craving. I also keep nuts in my gym bag and grab a small handful after a workout. A few fills you up.
Having said all this, I still have the same problem losing that everyone else seems to. The scale just keeps fluctuating between the same two pounds up and down, up and down. I have about 10 lbs to lose but it is a very slow process for me
Old 02-03-2010, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Y'all!! Hope you Wednesday is going fine.

I decided to stay off the scale this week, until Friday! All those daily fluctuations were driving me crazy!! But at the same time, I kinda wish I could see how I am doing!!

So today I was running a little late and forgot to bring my water with me when I left the house, and then one thing after another and I didn't get breakfast! By 10am I was STARVING, borerline in pain from hunger! A co-worker gave me one of her meal replacement shakes to drink, which helped a LOT!

When I got home my husband was eating hashbrowns, fried eggs, farmer sausage and a bagel!! OMG it smelled so good, and looked so good!! I was so hungry!! So I had one bite of the hashbrown, the egg and the sausage!! Three bites of "cheat" food!! I wonder how I count that in the food journal???!! LOL!! It was absolutely heavenly!! I am impressed that I was satisfied with just those 3 bites, and they were not huge bites either. That is willpower!! Especially when he said, "do you want me to make you some?" I was strong and said "no, thanks."

Now I am going to make myself a vegetable omlette with one egg, a couple egg whites and an ounce of low fat cheese, I bet it will be spectacular!!

Jen, good for YOU regarding the 3 pound loss!!! Woohoo!! You GO girl!!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:53 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Back & outta my 'slump'!

Feelin much better after the past few days. Did almost 10 min on the treadmill today! And got my food intake back to where it needs to be! Been wantin to weigh, havent since i started on here last thursday. Gonna try & wait til Friday!

Feelin more motivated, my husband & i had the 'baby' talk again, so theres my motivation there. Gotta get in shape... lol to get fat again! Glad to hear how everyone is doin, keep up the good work!!
Old 02-03-2010, 02:35 PM
FitDay Member

Hello All;
Has anyone else had trouble getting to the forums. Saturday was the last time I was able to "visit" with you. I missed everyone. I was a bit surprised just how much,& what a motivation everyone is. Thankfully I was able to access the logs, but it just wasn't the same without you.
With that said I've done the treadmill 3 x this week. It's not looking like I'll get it done tonight tho, it's a bit late. The last time I finished the treadmill work out at 11:45 PM. I was so pumped that I couldn't close my eyes till after 4 AM. no fun. So today will be my rest day, back on treadmill thursday.
Stay strong. We CAN do this!!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:16 PM
FitDay Member

awesome job daisy, and also everyone else, keep it up. 10 minutes on the treadmill is great. I'm still working my way up to 5 minutes on the stationary bike lol.

Today was a pretty good day. Not easy, but good ;p I kept my calorie intake on track, but didn't get a chance to exercise. However, I did my food shopping, so I am counting that as my exercise for the day. And ever better, I skipped the cookie isle, candy isle, and snack food isle. Bought a lot of fruits and vegetables. The only think I did get myself was a small bag of pretzels and salsa to snack on during the big game this weekend
Old 02-04-2010, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone, thanks for the encouragement. Jan- thanks for your tips on good food choices. I've been trying to get exercise in before I go to work. I commute an hour each way so rarely have the motivation after work to workout then. I'm rotating one day on exercise bike (about 15-20 minutes) and next day hand held weights (3 lbs) for 15 minutes. What has helped with the bike riding - I have a DVR and record the Daily show and watch that while I'm riding. The laughs help keep me going. Today is weigh in day. I'm trying to keep the weigh in to once a week.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hi,

Welcome Mary! FitDay sure is good to see how fast the calories add up. It has helped me make smarter choices when I cook, because I know I will be logging it later on!! Cutting back on certain high cal items can make a big difference in your daily calorie count. I am drinking my calories less - and cut way back on the fruit juices. Also measuring more so I can track accurately, and realized how skewed my sense of serving sizes were.

Kathie, Way to go resisting the scrumptious meal your hubby was preparing...and settling for just a taste! Wow, that is willpower!

I started a pottery class (the kind with a wheel) last night, lots of fun! Trying to keep as busy as possible in the evenings, and away from the TV, which helps to curb the snacking habit. A person definitely can't snack while working with clay..lol

Have a great, and on track, day everyone!
Old 02-04-2010, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

Tomorrow is weigh in day!! Everyone make sure you drink lots of water today!! Get rid of any excess you might be hanging onto so you don't end up weighing heavy tomorrow! I have to admit I am nervous about the weigh in. If I haven't lost a couple of pounds this week, I don't know what I am going to do!!
Old 02-04-2010, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

I don't know how I did it! I lost ANOTHER pound between yesterday and today, which brings my total down to 207.5. I don't actually expect to lose any between today and tomorrow.... and I will still be happy, as long as I don't gain. I have two weeks to lose 7.5 pounds... which all of a sudden doesn't seem like an irrational goal. It's under 4 lbs a week now.

Yesterday work asked me to stay until close (again!). I was so hungry afterwords and it was Johnnies and my cheat meal and so we had pizza. It didn't set well in my stomach and I didn't keep it down. :-(

Okay.. Something that I find helps me that I can offer to ya'll is this- IF you can try to exercise in the morning... to jump start your day. Even if it's just five minutes on the treadmill it will help lots! I promise! I find I have more energy during the day and my motabilism is up and running!

Have a GREAT thursday!
Old 02-04-2010, 09:43 AM
FitDay Member

So i started this last thursday & will weigh for first time since then tomorrow.... 'last chance workout' today!! I had a rollercoaster week , so im alittle nervous on how i did. Only gonna weigh once a week rather than everyday. SOOOO off to the treadmill to burn those calories!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.