The Healthy Community >

The Healthy Community

Community
Notices
Like Tree1Likes

The Healthy Community

Old 01-29-2010, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone! Just wanted to tell you all that you guys are amazing. Your posts keep me inspired and the people in this thread are the ones pushing me to keep going at times. Thank you!

I got on the scale this morning and I am down to 211! Which is another .5 lbs from yesterday. I realized just how close I am to my short term goal and it makes me happy. In the next three weeks I need to drop about 3.75 pounds a week... and if I really push myself I think I can do it. I mean, in the past 9 days I dropped 7 pounds... So why can't I drop another 11 in 21 days?
Old 01-29-2010, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Jen, you are doing awesome!! Keep up the good work, but do me one small favour and if you only manage to lose 2 pounds a week, instead of 3.75 (which is HUGE) don't be discouraged! A 2 pound weight loss a week is considered excellent!!

And after my weight gain during the week - from too much sodium - I am happy to report I did manage a two pound weight loss this week!!! Down to 165.2!!! YAY!! I was so worried.

Today I am meeting with a registered dietician, I am hoping she can help me get my protein intake where it belongs!

Have a great day everyone and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!
Old 01-29-2010, 05:12 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Hello everyone,

"Weigh Day" for me today, and I am down 2 lb this week. Such a good feeling. Thanks to everyone here for helping me to keep motivated! This thread in particular has made a big difference for me.

Welcome Daisy!!

Showmenow, Way to go learning Banjo, I think that is great! I play guitar, it is so much fun and becomes an obsession (and as a bonus - one cannot snack while playing a musical instrument!) Funny thing, since I have been on my new healthy eating plan, I don't snack so much in the evenings now. And I have been playing guitar alot more. Grabbing for the guitar instead of food - which is a much healthier habit!! lol

Jen, Don't beat yourself up. We are planning our cheat meals, and we are not just 'free wheeling' anymore with food. It is OK to have a burger and fries every once in awhile, and then get back on track afterwards...which you did...(yay!) I know the guilty feelings though, I still have those feelings too. You are doing great! My goal was 2lb/week loss, but I am having trouble with that and am behind. I need to kick it up a notch or two. I want to at least meet my 2lb/week goal.

Doggie, I have a hard time reading on the treadmill for some reason. But yes, having a diversion of some sort sure does help make the time fly!

Diane, Good to know exactly where you are at with your new scale. Don't worry, the numbers will be dropping very soon!

Kathie, I find it tough to get my protein up too. Like ChunkyMonkey said, cottage cheese has high protein. I am eating that just about everyday now. I am considering buying some protein powder too; a little concerned with all the additives in it though. Checking out different brands. Please share what you learn about protein from your dietition, I would be very interested in some new ideas on this subject.

Congrats everyone for getting their daily exercise in! Today I walked outside since the weather is good. All the best for the weekend everyone, I know alot of us struggle with eating on the weekends, including me. Hang in there and have a great weekend!

Last edited by Shell250; 01-29-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Okey dokey, folkies: I got on my scale this morning, and the official weight in is 332.2. So that's good!

I really really had to talk myself into working out today, and I just finished that. Unfortunately, after all that goading myself into it, I only made it 25 of the 50 minutes-BUGGER!! My gimpy ankle just kind of gave out- first time I've had to cop out on exercise in a long time because of that. Long story short, November '02 I took a nosedive down some stairs moving out of an apartment resulting in a broken leg and a severly dislocated ankle, resulting in some hardware installation and three months of crutches. The leg and the metal aren't so much of a problem as the dislocation ended up being. And as I'm sure many people here know, once you damage a joint, its never quite the same again. The extra weight doesn't help. Extra motivation to get it off, maybe it'll dampen the ugly limp I still carry!! So, to shorten the rambling, I'm a little disappointed I didn't finish, but 25 minutes is better than none!

So I will be taking the weekend off, resting Mr. Gimpy up, and diving right back in on Monday! Anyone have anything fun planned for the weekend? We're supposed to get snow tonight, so I'm really excited about that. Dug up the workboots I use for snowboots and if the 6-12 inches come through like they're predicting I'm dragging Grumpy out to play!
Old 01-29-2010, 08:04 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Just logging in my workout today; treadmil 50 min. 2.5 miles . Can I count a "HAPPY DANCE" as an activity ?? LOL!!! Today was weigh-in & I'm down 3 WooHoo hence my "HAPPY DANCE"!
Good Luck to all on this HEALTHY journey.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:12 AM
FitDay Member

Diane

Sorry about your ankle, I can relate to that. Congrats on doing a workout though. Take care of yourself, & stay strong.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:41 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy

Today was so so day. I did GREAT food intake wise. I drastically reduced my calorie intake by more than half! I mso proud of myself. An if u read my thread earlier, i did NOT eat the donut someone gave me this morning! Very hard thing to do, but i did it! Exercise wise, did not get any workout in today. got off work late, then had to go to the store, that was alota walkin though then i had to get these girls i babysit few times a week. The weather is freezing & cold, couldnt go out today. And worst of all my best friend moved away today. Very hard on me. Was feelin really down today. Really, really was wantin some chocolate, or comfort foods to 'make me feel better', but i didnt do it! grabbed that apple instead! Hopefully this weekend i can get lotsa needed exercisin in. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 01-29-2010, 12:10 PM
FitDay Member

So I had my meeting with the dietician today, and she looked over my fit day food diary, my weight loss graph, my macronutrients....and she said I was doing excellent!! Go figure! My fat is a little high because I refuse to give up my morning coffee with cream and sugar...but if you were to take that out of the equation, it is great.

We discussed protein, and she didn't suggest using any supplemental protein, just food protein. She suggested 3 to 4 servings of protein a day, one servings being: 3 oz of meat or poultry or fish, or 3 slices of deli meat, or 1 whole egg, or 11 almonds.

She also suggested when you bake muffins (which I do) to add wheatgerm for extra vitamin E, and ground flax for extra Omega 3...so I did that today, and my muffins taste great!!

She suggested having raw veggies around for snacking on throughout the day. She said most people have a very tough time getting their 5 -10 servings of veggies and fruit a day...and I believe that!! Oh and don't be afraid of fruit, just remember to count it as a carb.

Oh, and try and get 2 teaspoons of olive oil into your diet, uncooked olive oil...us as a dressing, or add it to something you are having. Check labels on salad dressing as they will sometimes have olive oil in them. And when buying prepackaged food, if there are ingredients on the list of ingredients you can't pronounce, DON'T EAT IT!!

It was reassuring to know I have been doing quite well with knowledge I already have!
Old 01-29-2010, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

I would really like to see a Dietitian but I wouldn't know where to look... Not to mention I don't have insurance so I am guessing that that would be mega costly.

I worked out today for 35 minutes and I upped the Cardio intensity so I burned more calories. I did not want to go workout but I know I need to in order to see results.

Kathie- I promise to <<Try>> to not be discouraged if I don't lose 11 pounds by February 18th.

I am waiting for my jeans to start fitting again. Hmm. I wonder how many more pounds I need to lose for them to be comfortable again.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:37 PM
FitDay Member

Oh NO!!! I went on a carb overload pigout tonight!! DAMN!! I don't know what happened, except I was starving!!! I ate a cup of whole grain pasta, half a cup of vegetarian baked beans and a muffin!!! Nothing was unhealthy, but whoa, carb overload to the max!! The dietician and I did notice however, that I had eaten less than 1000 calories for 3 days in a row! I didn't even MEAN to undereat, and hadn't really realized that I had, except for last night!! Today's calories are at 1420, but way WAY too many carbs.

Smack me around will ya???? I didn't feel like eating veggies....I just craved the carbs. Why oh why does this happen???

I can only guess that 3 days under 1000 calories made me ravenous, and probably NEED some fuel!! But I should have balanced it out with vegetables, not just pasta and beans.

Lets hope like he11 that I can do better tomorrow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.