FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   The hardest time of the day? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/221-hardest-time-day.html)

inadaze2 01-27-2010 02:03 PM

Definitely!! I do well all day long,,,,,,,,,,,,and then 800 hits and I want to sit and eat chips!! I dont even really like the taste so I have no idea what this is about??

I really wish I could get a handle on it cause I know its not doing me any good at all

sheraann 01-27-2010 06:18 PM

its hard

I find it difficult especially in the evenings and nights. Its family time, and eating is what we do as a family, imagine skipping meals or having something you're not actually enjoying...

lucusmarcus 01-28-2010 08:18 AM

My biggest problem is not necessarily a certain time of day, but the weekends is when I make the most eating mistakes. The problem with the weekends is that my g/f and I use going to restaurants a form of our entertainment instead of doing something else and eating good at home. When I go out to eat, I feel that I have to order the biggest item on the menu and also to eat the entire portion. Also if my g/f has any left of hers, I need to have a "taste" of hers. It is a struggle to eat correctly when going out, so I have tried not going until I can control myself. As a plus, it has saved us some money!

rrrucke 01-28-2010 11:28 PM

I find my witching hour is between 10:30 am - 11:30 am and I find I want to put a quarter in the company candy machine to get 5 chocolate covered almonds. 85 cals only but they are addictive. Yesterday, I was good and I replaced this temptation with a 60 cal Lit & Fit blueberry yogurt which was satisfying and gave me an extra calcium boost. Also, I didn't work out last night so I as up later than 7pm. I was very tempted to eat some of my daughter's cookies and I even eyed her BF's home made biscuits. But I stopped myself and put my scale in the path of the kitchen. I knew today was our weekly weigh in so I just went to bed. YIPPIE!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...f0B/weight.png

kathietaylor 01-29-2010 03:43 AM

I just wanted to say, that after a month of eating healthy, the late night cravings are so much less!!! I have made a habit out of leaving myself a couple hundred calories for late night snacking and now I don't use them half the time!! Which isn't good in itself as some days I am only consuming 1000 calories, and not even feeling deprived at that!! I am going to allow myself 1400 calories on a bad day, making 1200 my goal. If I do get the late night munchies, I can go up to 1400 but at least by supper time I will have eaten 1200.

It has gotten easier for me, rather than harder. Sugar cravings are gone. Junk food cravings are gone.

heavensdarkangel 01-31-2010 04:09 AM

Wow...

Hey guys, looks like evening is a common denominator in cravings!! Me too. It's bad, the later I'm up the more I will try to eat! I scour the cupboards for "interesting" foods (where's those choc teddy grahams???)

Plus, my dinner tends to be beyond what's good.. I usually eat a ton and go back for more (habit)

I'm doing well most of the time lately...

:)

heavensdarkangel 01-31-2010 04:10 AM

hmmm... chips? craving salt maybe?

edward18 01-31-2010 09:00 AM

When I'm awake lol.

seriously though, I watch a lot sports on tv and have grown accustom to snacking/eating during the game. so usually anytime between 7pm and 11pm.

LauraJo9 02-04-2010 03:05 AM

For me it's late afternoon, between lunch and dinner. I try to eat something filling but healthy, like an orange. Even though I'm craving potato chips!

Shell250 02-04-2010 03:14 AM

I also found that once I was 'off the sugar/salt/fat' for a week or so, the wild cravings for them did subside. What I am doing differently this time, as opposed to other times I have 'dieted', is that I am avoiding the processed, and so called low-cal foods that were full of artificial sweeteners. I swear they made me crave more more more!!! I still struggle in the evenings and weekends too, I think out of habit. Weekends to me are (were) somewhat of a 'free for all', and I need to get that belief out of my head. Trying to keep busy and away from the TV in the evenings. I play guitar which helps, trying to pick that up every evening now. And going to bed a little earlier helps me too. 10-11pm is the difficult time zone for me.