Notices

broke atkins stall, lost 4 pounds

Old 10-02-2010, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Talking broke atkins stall, lost 4 pounds

i lost 21 pounds on atkins induction phase. i stalled for about 5 weeks. i got super frustrated and started to do some research. i weight train and run 5 days a week.i am on induction, strict. what should i do? i tried a carb blow-out, nope! i quit coffee, nope! i limited cheese and cream cheese, nope! i increased my cardio time, nope! i did the meat and egg fast, yuck!, nope! CALORIE COUNTING, REDUCED CARBS & STARTED DRINKING MORE WATER. I lost 4 pounds in 6 days!!!! Everyone is different. Everyone is different. I am border line diabetic, so I have to watch. I use fit day and calculate calories and carbs. I stay under 1300 cals and no more than 11 carbs a day. Swoosh- 144 down to 140. I started drinking 3 full glasses of water a day, that's all. i eat whatever i want and drink coffee with heavy cream. sometimes 2 cups a day. The first 3 days were HARD. I felt a little weak, but day 4 and today I feel much better. This is not easy, but everytime I want to have a little something sweet, I think about my blood sugar spiking and my kids needing me. I started drinking hot tea at night, it does help. I hope this helps someone out there. Do a general calorie count and drink a little more water. YOU CAN DO IT, WE CAN DO IT!!
Old 10-02-2010, 03:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Limiting (and documenting) calorie intake, drinking water and exercising works--who'd a thunk it?

Just kidding

That really is great, and is a plan that one can stick with--eating real food, saving money not buying pills/potions/etc. and modest exercise.

Let us know how things go, and welcome to Fitday!

Regards,
Michael
Old 10-02-2010, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

seriously. i did not think i had to count calories as long as my carbs were around 20. i am sooo much more aware now of quantity.