FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   Vitamin B12 for weight loss? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/1975-vitamin-b12-weight-loss.html)

MikeCrombeens 04-23-2012 10:31 AM

It really is very good that we do not need to worry about becoming overdosed with vit b12. As an example, when an individual takes a fantastic dose of vitamin b12 the physique takes the needed quantity, then it stores an additional amount and it releases the remaining more than urine.

Probably the most common consequence of vitamin b12 deficiency symptoms will be the so named B12 deficit anaemia. This disorder is bad mainly because our physique puts a stop to producing adequate amounts of red blood cells. That’s why the physique does not have enough oxygen. The main reason for this disorder may be the shortage of vitamin b12 in our eating plan or there's a challenge with the absorption of b12 vitamin in our digestive system. The indicators that indicate this disorder are exhaustion and lack of strength, constipation or diarrhoea, depression, numbness within the tip toes and fingertips. This sort of insufficiency ought to be regarded seriously due to the fact if we dismiss a lot of these indications there may possibly be a number of serious consequences towards the brain and also the nerve fibres. This disorder is usually taken care of simply with vitamin b12 health supplements, but it is suggested to consult any physician initially before you get started taking them. In this manner we is going to be positive that we get the correct dosage of vit b12 and we will get various useful recommendations on the best way to treat b12 vitamin deficiency.

Valentijn 12-13-2012 09:17 PM

Re:Vitamin B12 for weight loss?

Vitamin B12 is a nutrient from food we eat that helps keep the body's nerve and blood cells healthy. It also assists with making DNA in our cells. Vitamin B12 is an important nutrient to prevent anemia. Folate is a water soluble B vitamin that is found in food and helps create and maintain cells including the DNA and RNA, the building blocks of cells. Folate is used to make red blood cells that prevent anemia and it is also essential for the metabolism of the amino acid, homocysteine.
Vitamin B12 foods

Kathy13118 12-14-2012 03:52 AM

I take sublingual vitamin B-12 (Walmart sells it, as well as other stores) and haven't noticed any weight loss. I do think that when you diet, you benefit from taking a multivitamin because you start 'dropping' foods from your menus.

What causes you to lose weight is eating fewer calories. If you give up some nutrients along the way, that's where a multivitamin will fill in the gaps. That's just 'insurance.'

kkotelman 12-16-2012 07:13 PM

Eat real food instead of supplements. It gives the best bioavailability. Food highest in vit B: fish, shellfish, and ruminant meat top the list. Choose wild, grass fed or organic.

ellie143 01-09-2013 03:24 AM

Rasberry ketone drops

I am also interested in Rasberry sublingual drops Dr Oz mentions. Does anyone use them. :eek:

fitnessdiva88 01-16-2013 11:36 PM

I agree with the energy boost by vit B12 but I advice everyone here to ask an expert advice from health professionals because I think too long intake of vitB12 will tend to weaken bones in the long run.

Henrybishop 04-05-2013 07:21 PM

Vitamin B12 supplements are good weight loss but it does not show any more preferable results. Doctors sometimes give shots of B12 to patients to help in reducing weight but there is no strong evidence about it. The best process to reduce weight is to follow a healthy and balanced diet plan with regular exercises.

supernu 04-06-2013 04:44 AM

I take B6, B12, and MIC shots.

I started on April 1, 2013, I consume less then 1000 calories and I started exercising yesterday, and I drink at least 4 liters of water. I'm down today 10 lbs. Keep in mind, I don't eat just anything. I don't consume processed fat or sugar. no salt. no soda. no fat. no sugar.

The injection gives me a massive boost of energy. If you want to know what I'm eating in details and how much, see my blog link or ask.

Annawoodford 04-08-2013 07:51 PM

VB12 is known as the "energy vitamin" because it gives a real energy boost. It is used to remedy fatigue and it speeds up the metabolism. As B12 causes the metabolism to speed up, which in turn increases weight loss.

crow1969 05-24-2013 10:40 AM

Can someone recommend a good multi vitamin product that will give me energy and stamina. I work 12-14 hour days and find myself lacking energy and have become depressed over it. I have been taking off and on some pills and have trouble swallowing. In addition they have not done much for me.