Notices

BodyBugg?

Old 09-10-2010, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default BodyBugg?

OK, so I was thinking about getting a BodyBugg. A little unimpressed with the price, but I've heard great reviews and think it would be a very helpful tool.
Does anyone else use one, or a similar equivalent that does the same job but is a little more cost effective?

PS: I looked on the website to purchase one and they won't ship to the UK. Shame that such a reknown company can be so short-sighted when it comes to reaching a wider audience with their products..
Old 09-10-2010, 11:47 AM
FitDay Member

I just got one myself- the Go Wear Fit version (today is the first day I am using it). I would be interested in other peoples experiences/opinions of this device as well. So far I am surprised by how many calories burned it has for me.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

I have the bodybugg. I got it a couple years ago, used it for a while and lost 20 pounds -- kept on track really well. But then I got lazy about wearing it and logging things, so I eventually stopped wearing it all together.....and gained back all my weight plus some since I wasn't keeping track of everything. I am back on it now and very happy that I am. The price is definitely not that appealing. But I know, for me, it is what keeps me on track the best. The food log is similar to this one, but I feel that it works better for workouts than manually entering the info. It's easy to overestimate (at least for me) how hard I worked out and think I am in better shape for the day than I really am. And there have been days where I was really busy and feeling guilty because I didn't think I could fit a workout in.....I check my output and see that I have done a lot more with yardwork or housework or something that I am safe to skip the treadmill. And I like their philosophy that it is all about calories in vs. energy out......no fad diets or starving, etc, just eating right and exercising more. One last thing. There is a forum on there that you can see what everybody has to say. There's goods and bads (some people feel their website is boring, so that is one bad thing). But there is a lot of support amongst customers like there is on this site and we even started some competitions recently. The website is Bodybugg | Online Fitness Shop | Protein Products | Apex Supplements | Apex Fitness Group and then it is under the 'fitness resources' tab. You don't have to log in to read the forum, but you do to comment. And while I am on the subject of free things on that site, there are a lot of great recipes too. That is on toward the bottom right, just click on 'recipe finder'. Good luck to everybody!!

Trixie