Community
Notices

Diet pills anyone?

Old 08-22-2012, 08:38 PM
FitDay Member

diet pliis anyone Some of the chemical supplementation can work but the side effects are either obvious or possibly at the very least subtly nefarious. I do know that, so far, medical science has not struck on any silver bullet approach.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

From my experience, diet pills work, but only temporarily. You would get so much more out of spending that money for a gym membership instead.

Last edited by madsewam35; 11-28-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default Appetite Suppressants?

Sorry but I seem to be constantly asking questions. Hopefully in time I will be able to offer some advice for people but at the moment I feel I am totally out of my depth with this whole weight loss thing!

I'm just wondering if anyone can help me out with ideas on appetite suppressants that work other than caffeine? The only way I drink tea and coffee is with heaps of milk and sugar which is obviously not compatible with weight loss

What about diet pills? Has anyone found that they actually suppress your appetite?

I'm only on Day 4 of trying to reduce my calorie intake and find I am constantly hungry. This afternoon I thought I'd have "a bit of chocolate" while watching a movie with the kids. Before I realised what I was doing I'd eaten the whole block (~1200 calories!!!!) so I've blown today's calorie count out of the water!

So disappointed in myself but it's not something I haven't done before. Just now I know how many calories it is and how I am sabotaging my goals.

Thanks in advance for any help offered!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:24 PM
FitDay Member

There is not much evidence that diet pills provide you benefits. They are rather harmful than being effective. If you're serious about losing weight, consider saving money on pills and spending it on healthier food items instead.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

I am diabetic and very resistant to weight loss. I lost 40 lbs on Atkins before I became diabetic (weight gain while on low carb is what caused me to go to the doctor when I was diagnosed with diabetes).

Diet is important, but age has something to do with weight gain also--as my doctor told me yesterday. A low-carb diet (which is beneficial for me and allows me to avoid wheat, corn, and sugar allergies) and exercise helped me lose 7 lbs in 6 months. I was not happy with that (since my previous low carb experience was a loss of about 10 lbs a month--and years of on-goal before carb-creep causing me to start gaining again).

Because I am post-menopausal and diabetic, my doctor prescribed phentermine. Today is my first day on it, so I will try to keep you posted. I am still on Atkins, I can't stop that just because of a diet pill--I need that eating plan for other health benefits (not just the potential for weigt loss).
Old 09-28-2012, 02:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Dietary Supplement

Hi,

I have been taking Healthy Weight Gold for a month and it has helped me. It is not a quick fix or diet pill really, but it helps with appitite suppression and energy. The main ingrediant is Svtol which is green coffee extract. It doesn't make you gittery though because it has less caffiene than a cup of coffee.

Now note, that I am not losing weight fast with this (healthy 1-2 lbs a week) but it does help with my mood and energy. I used to hit highs and lows in being tired during the day and now it is more even. And because of that I have been more active and working out at least 30 minutes 5 times a week.

The only side effect I noticed was a bit of dizziness if I did not drink at least 8 oz of water with the pills within 30 minutes.

It may not work for everyone, but I am having success.

Good luck.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kylz01
What about diet pills? Has anyone found that they actually suppress your appetite? I'm only on Day 4 of trying to reduce my calorie intake and find I am constantly hungry.
Hi there; I think the best appetite suppresant is practicing a week or two of healthy eating. Your stomach will shrink causing you to be less hungry. The beginning is hard. But if you are constantly hungry, perhaps you need to recalculate what your caloric intake should be. There's free calculators available on websites where you put in your weight, height and age and it tells you how many calories you need in a day just to maintain. Then you can reduce your intake by, for example, 500 calories. Sometimes we get hungry because we're reducing our caloric intake by too much. We do that because we want quick results. It's understandable, yet it sets us up for failure. You mentioned you have kids. Parenting takes a tremendous amount of energy, so make the weigh loss journey as easy on yourself and enjoyable as possible by being realistic about changes to your diet. I know you've prolly heard it before, but it's better to take small steps towards a permanent lifestyle change, not just a diet for quick weight loss. Good luck !!
Old 09-28-2012, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Slightly off subject but my 2 cents worth. A lot of people eliminate most or all the fat in their diet when trying to lose weight. Since Fat has 9 calories per grams and Carbs and Protein have only 4 this makes sense. But Fat has been shown in studies to help suppress and appetite and satiate hunger. It is my belief that people that follow a low/no fat diet are always hungry (regardless of their calorie intake). Using healthy fats like almonds or peanut butter in moderation can help keep those cravings under control. Use whole eggs, not egg whites for their naturally occuring fats.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ninakretina
I'm quite skeptical when it comes to diet pills or any "weight loss" supplement of those sorts, but I wonder if anyone takes any dietary pill and how has it worked for you. Right now I'm taking Alli which was prescribed by my doctor, but I'm considering to stop taking them because they work mostly if you have high fat intakes, which is something I'm avoiding with my diet. Besides some studies have shown that Alli may cause liver damage. I have a friend who lost 60 pounds by taking LipoFuze and never had side effects, seems tempting but as I said I'm skeptical. Any weight loss story regarding pills or supplements?
Drink loads of water, eat 5 small meals instead of the normal 3 big meals, eat less calories than you burn off on a treadmill.

Plus, there's a few new natural supplments you might consider...to suppress your appetite and speed up your metabolic rate...a few I have seen on popular TV shows are pure green coffee extract, raspberry ketones, african mango just to name a few.

But do your research and speak to a personal trainer and doctor before taking any of them.

Emma
Old 11-18-2012, 04:03 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hi

Thanks for all the good info in here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.