Notices

Diet pills anyone?

Old 04-06-2011, 10:41 AM
FitDay Member

Exclamation The ick factor.

I wouldn't ever take diet pills. I wouldn't even take caffeine. Many of these diet pills are filled with caffeine and chemicals. If anything I think drinking acai juice (known to boost metabolism and immune system, and detoxify) , wheatgrass juice (detoxifying and known to help lose weight) , chili powder(metabolism booster because of the heat) ,and many other harmless foods would be a better way to go.

Diet pills can be addicting and dangerous, and they cause some pretty crazy side effects, including the most disgusting ones (WARNING):anal leakage, and loss of bowel control (Must I add more?) The most common diet pills aid you at losing weight by making it impossible to digest more then about 25% of fat in a meal. If you eat more then 15g of fat in your meal though, you'll poop your pants. Even if you don't eat over 15g of fat in your meal, you'll still have grease pouring out occasionally...

Don't know about you, but I'd rather be fat.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Misery16226
I wouldn't ever take diet pills. I wouldn't even take caffeine. Many of these diet pills are filled with caffeine and chemicals. If anything I think drinking acai juice (known to boost metabolism and immune system, and detoxify) , wheatgrass juice (detoxifying and known to help lose weight) , chili powder(metabolism booster because of the heat) ,and many other harmless foods would be a better way to go.

Diet pills can be addicting and dangerous, and they cause some pretty crazy side effects, including the most disgusting ones (WARNING):anal leakage, and loss of bowel control (Must I add more?) The most common diet pills aid you at losing weight by making it impossible to digest more then about 25% of fat in a meal. If you eat more then 15g of fat in your meal though, you'll poop your pants. Even if you don't eat over 15g of fat in your meal, you'll still have grease pouring out occasionally...

Don't know about you, but I'd rather be fat.

I have not experienced this. My fat grams are at 19 per meal. No grease, no diapers, no gas, no poop. I have 37 days to go. I will be honest and report if this happens. I started it already into low-fat dieting. I think I'm the right person for Orlistat. If you're trying to not absorb Big Macs, you should definitely not use this product.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by shibaluvr
I have not experienced this. My fat grams are at 19 per meal. No grease, no diapers, no gas, no poop. I have 37 days to go. I will be honest and report if this happens. I started it already into low-fat dieting. I think I'm the right person for Orlistat. If you're trying to not absorb Big Macs, you should definitely not use this product.
Glad to know you aren't having those scary results. I still am too afraid to try diet pills though lol.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:45 PM
FitDay Member

when I was in high school I took slim quick for a while and it helped me for a bit and I recently tried hydroxicut but for some reason that one just makes me feel crappy so I'm not gunna take it anymore. I have to find a new endocronologist to try and get back on synthroid for my hypothyroidism. oh btw does anyone know of anything that I can take for my thyroid issue that is otc?
Old 04-07-2011, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cupcake1906
when I was in high school I took slim quick for a while and it helped me for a bit and I recently tried hydroxicut but for some reason that one just makes me feel crappy so I'm not gunna take it anymore. I have to find a new endocronologist to try and get back on synthroid for my hypothyroidism. oh btw does anyone know of anything that I can take for my thyroid issue that is otc?
I believe you can heal thyroid issues from eating extremely healthy, like no breads, or processed foods. Stick to lean meats and vegetables (raw whenever possible) and some fruits, but only have fruit once or twice a week. It will take a while but soon you'll notice the change in your health. Exercise will help too. I don't know of anything else that would truly help.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm glad too

Originally Posted by Misery16226
Glad to know you aren't having those scary results. I still am too afraid to try diet pills though lol.

The one thing you definitely should not do is try these things, unless your doctor recommends it and oversees it. At age 19, healthy eating habits should rule the day.

I'm a bit older than you with recovering from diabetes and hypothyroidism. Things you can avoid now by controlling your eating habits and lifestyle. At one time I weighed 468 pounds and am down to 263. Having been so very overweight, I had far more serious problems to overcome and those things outweighed possible side effects from orlistat.

If anything, I hope I'm a good example of what to avoid so you don't have to go through what I've been through.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:39 PM
FitDay Member

Capsiplex Diet Pills -I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 08-03-2012 at 06:19 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 07-10-2012, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Phentermine

My doc says she will prescribe me phentermine in 3 weeks. She is running test and getting my weight. I'll go in every 4 weeks to recheck blood and weigh. I did this back in the 90's when you could get Phen-fen and it worked wonders. Since the Fen is off the market, I'm looking for a substitute for the Serotonin/5HTP component. I'm already on Lexapro so I think that will do the trick. I'm 50 years old and desperate to lose weight for my children and grandchildren. My health sucks because of my weight. Back pain, diverticulitis, etc. I know it's risky, but when I took it last time I could not get any money from the lawsuit because it did not give me any of the problems others had. So, it should not bother me know. AM I CRAZY??
Old 07-26-2012, 09:01 PM
FitDay Member

Default avileanwell this little thing keeps on appearing

well ive seen this floatinmg around in the news quite a bit at the moment its called avilean anyone heard of it / used this and what did they think?
Old 08-03-2012, 05:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by pbrown8591
My doc says she will prescribe me phentermine in 3 weeks. She is running test and getting my weight. I'll go in every 4 weeks to recheck blood and weigh. I did this back in the 90's when you could get Phen-fen and it worked wonders. Since the Fen is off the market, I'm looking for a substitute for the Serotonin/5HTP component. I'm already on Lexapro so I think that will do the trick. I'm 50 years old and desperate to lose weight for my children and grandchildren. My health sucks because of my weight. Back pain, diverticulitis, etc. I know it's risky, but when I took it last time I could not get any money from the lawsuit because it did not give me any of the problems others had. So, it should not bother me know. AM I CRAZY??
Nope, not crazy. I had a prescription for Phenterimine a couple of years ago when I began my weight loss and it helped tremendously. I didn't have any side effects as long as I didn't take it w/in 4 hours of bed (it is a mild stimulent so it can interfere w/sleep).

Good luck, I am sure that losing the weight will only help with all of the other health problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.