Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #21 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CANADA
Posts: 139
Exclamation The ick factor.

I wouldn't ever take diet pills. I wouldn't even take caffeine. Many of these diet pills are filled with caffeine and chemicals. If anything I think drinking acai juice (known to boost metabolism and immune system, and detoxify) , wheatgrass juice (detoxifying and known to help lose weight) , chili powder(metabolism booster because of the heat) ,and many other harmless foods would be a better way to go.

Diet pills can be addicting and dangerous, and they cause some pretty crazy side effects, including the most disgusting ones (WARNING):anal leakage, and loss of bowel control (Must I add more?) The most common diet pills aid you at losing weight by making it impossible to digest more then about 25% of fat in a meal. If you eat more then 15g of fat in your meal though, you'll poop your pants. Even if you don't eat over 15g of fat in your meal, you'll still have grease pouring out occasionally...

Don't know about you, but I'd rather be fat.
__________________
★Misery, 19, Female, 5'6"★

•Start weight: around 250 on 03/07/2011
•Current weight: 238.0 on 05/23/2011
•Main goal : be 150lb by 03/07/2012

♦Weight lost so far : 12lb

♥Mini goal:
24 pounds lighter (217lb) by July 4th for the Fourth of July 10% challenge! (started challenge at 241.8)
Misery16226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:24 AM   #22 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery16226 View Post
I wouldn't ever take diet pills. I wouldn't even take caffeine. Many of these diet pills are filled with caffeine and chemicals. If anything I think drinking acai juice (known to boost metabolism and immune system, and detoxify) , wheatgrass juice (detoxifying and known to help lose weight) , chili powder(metabolism booster because of the heat) ,and many other harmless foods would be a better way to go.

Diet pills can be addicting and dangerous, and they cause some pretty crazy side effects, including the most disgusting ones (WARNING):anal leakage, and loss of bowel control (Must I add more?) The most common diet pills aid you at losing weight by making it impossible to digest more then about 25% of fat in a meal. If you eat more then 15g of fat in your meal though, you'll poop your pants. Even if you don't eat over 15g of fat in your meal, you'll still have grease pouring out occasionally...

Don't know about you, but I'd rather be fat.

I have not experienced this. My fat grams are at 19 per meal. No grease, no diapers, no gas, no poop. I have 37 days to go. I will be honest and report if this happens. I started it already into low-fat dieting. I think I'm the right person for Orlistat. If you're trying to not absorb Big Macs, you should definitely not use this product.
shibaluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:35 AM   #23 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CANADA
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibaluvr View Post
I have not experienced this. My fat grams are at 19 per meal. No grease, no diapers, no gas, no poop. I have 37 days to go. I will be honest and report if this happens. I started it already into low-fat dieting. I think I'm the right person for Orlistat. If you're trying to not absorb Big Macs, you should definitely not use this product.
Glad to know you aren't having those scary results. I still am too afraid to try diet pills though lol.
__________________
★Misery, 19, Female, 5'6"★

•Start weight: around 250 on 03/07/2011
•Current weight: 238.0 on 05/23/2011
•Main goal : be 150lb by 03/07/2012

♦Weight lost so far : 12lb

♥Mini goal:
24 pounds lighter (217lb) by July 4th for the Fourth of July 10% challenge! (started challenge at 241.8)
Misery16226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:45 AM   #24 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11
Default

when I was in high school I took slim quick for a while and it helped me for a bit and I recently tried hydroxicut but for some reason that one just makes me feel crappy so I'm not gunna take it anymore. I have to find a new endocronologist to try and get back on synthroid for my hypothyroidism. oh btw does anyone know of anything that I can take for my thyroid issue that is otc?
cupcake1906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:04 PM   #25 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CANADA
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake1906 View Post
when I was in high school I took slim quick for a while and it helped me for a bit and I recently tried hydroxicut but for some reason that one just makes me feel crappy so I'm not gunna take it anymore. I have to find a new endocronologist to try and get back on synthroid for my hypothyroidism. oh btw does anyone know of anything that I can take for my thyroid issue that is otc?
I believe you can heal thyroid issues from eating extremely healthy, like no breads, or processed foods. Stick to lean meats and vegetables (raw whenever possible) and some fruits, but only have fruit once or twice a week. It will take a while but soon you'll notice the change in your health. Exercise will help too. I don't know of anything else that would truly help.
__________________
★Misery, 19, Female, 5'6"★

•Start weight: around 250 on 03/07/2011
•Current weight: 238.0 on 05/23/2011
•Main goal : be 150lb by 03/07/2012

♦Weight lost so far : 12lb

♥Mini goal:
24 pounds lighter (217lb) by July 4th for the Fourth of July 10% challenge! (started challenge at 241.8)
Misery16226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #26 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 67
Default I'm glad too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery16226 View Post
Glad to know you aren't having those scary results. I still am too afraid to try diet pills though lol.



The one thing you definitely should not do is try these things, unless your doctor recommends it and oversees it. At age 19, healthy eating habits should rule the day.

I'm a bit older than you with recovering from diabetes and hypothyroidism. Things you can avoid now by controlling your eating habits and lifestyle. At one time I weighed 468 pounds and am down to 263. Having been so very overweight, I had far more serious problems to overcome and those things outweighed possible side effects from orlistat.

If anything, I hope I'm a good example of what to avoid so you don't have to go through what I've been through.
shibaluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:39 AM   #27 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
Default

Capsiplex Diet Pills -I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 08-03-2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: removed link
sarah4143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
Red face Phentermine

My doc says she will prescribe me phentermine in 3 weeks. She is running test and getting my weight. I'll go in every 4 weeks to recheck blood and weigh. I did this back in the 90's when you could get Phen-fen and it worked wonders. Since the Fen is off the market, I'm looking for a substitute for the Serotonin/5HTP component. I'm already on Lexapro so I think that will do the trick. I'm 50 years old and desperate to lose weight for my children and grandchildren. My health sucks because of my weight. Back pain, diverticulitis, etc. I know it's risky, but when I took it last time I could not get any money from the lawsuit because it did not give me any of the problems others had. So, it should not bother me know. AM I CRAZY??
pbrown8591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #29 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
Default avileanwell this little thing keeps on appearing

well ive seen this floatinmg around in the news quite a bit at the moment its called avilean anyone heard of it / used this and what did they think?
Pink_fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
FitDay Premium Member
 
RunbikeSki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 2,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrown8591 View Post
My doc says she will prescribe me phentermine in 3 weeks. She is running test and getting my weight. I'll go in every 4 weeks to recheck blood and weigh. I did this back in the 90's when you could get Phen-fen and it worked wonders. Since the Fen is off the market, I'm looking for a substitute for the Serotonin/5HTP component. I'm already on Lexapro so I think that will do the trick. I'm 50 years old and desperate to lose weight for my children and grandchildren. My health sucks because of my weight. Back pain, diverticulitis, etc. I know it's risky, but when I took it last time I could not get any money from the lawsuit because it did not give me any of the problems others had. So, it should not bother me know. AM I CRAZY??
Nope, not crazy. I had a prescription for Phenterimine a couple of years ago when I began my weight loss and it helped tremendously. I didn't have any side effects as long as I didn't take it w/in 4 hours of bed (it is a mild stimulent so it can interfere w/sleep).

Good luck, I am sure that losing the weight will only help with all of the other health problems.
__________________
Pam
5'4" 55yr

2.5 years, 45 pounds later... 128ish pounds
RunbikeSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fiber, weight loss pills

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2