Notices

Diet pills anyone?

Old 12-29-2010, 07:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
I have found one of the few (if any) benefits the over the counter pills have is simply to remind me that I am watching what I eat. I have generally had a bit of a benefit in the first couple of weeks on almost any of them, which is probably just a placebo effect - but thats OK as long as I haven't bought one of those super expensive brands.

Since you have to keep the pills on hand, and usually take them at a prescibed time, it tends to keep one aware of your food choices and thus helps with making the right choices.

I have thought several time of just making up some geletin pills, putting them in a bottle marked "Super Diet Pills - use with caution" and seeing how effective they would be.
How true. I once lost over 70 pounds using some pills I bought from an infomercial. A year or two later I got an invitation to participate in a class action suit against the manufacturer for false claims--turns out the pills were worthless. Of course, part of their plan was to reduce food portion size and exercise at least 20 minutes a day.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

WOW, I'm so happy for you... I just started and stoked about getting this weight off once and for all... I want to feel good and LOOK GOOD, lol... I'm sure you are feeling fantastic... I don't know what you look like but I'm guessing pretty GREAT... God Bless!
Old 12-30-2010, 12:19 PM
FitDay Member

I can't take diet pills because I'm bipolar and take psychotropic meds. I have anxiety issues too so a diet pill would send me reeling or manic. I'm sure my psychiatrist wouldn't approve of Alli because of the liver issue plus I agree that my fat consumption isn't terribly signficant. I'm actually on a low carb diet. That's how I've lost 30 lbs in 5 months and lowered my cholesterol and triglycerides. During this time I have had mood episodes, but I can't blame the diet. I was already unstable before the diet.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

Personally, I would save my money and go with eating clean and exercise. The side effects aren't worth the risk. Save your organs and do it the right way.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

i'm taking oxy elite pro. it makes you a little jittery the first couple of mornings for about 15 minutes.. but it is the boost I needed to get out & exercise. i've tried all kinds of diet pills... none have ever worked for me.. but this one does give you a great deal of energy for work outs. one of my friends has lost about 40 pounds with the help of OEP so I decided to give it a try. Plus GNC will refund you if you don't like it or the results. DON'T EXPECT MIRACLE RESULTS b/c you have to combine with sensible eating plan. it's just the push I needed to get moving.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sarahmarievetrano
i'm taking oxy elite pro. it makes you a little jittery the first couple of mornings for about 15 minutes.. but it is the boost I needed to get out & exercise. i've tried all kinds of diet pills... none have ever worked for me.. but this one does give you a great deal of energy for work outs. one of my friends has lost about 40 pounds with the help of OEP so I decided to give it a try. Plus GNC will refund you if you don't like it or the results. DON'T EXPECT MIRACLE RESULTS b/c you have to combine with sensible eating plan. it's just the push I needed to get moving.
Well, it's got 100 mg of caffiene in it, so I'm sure that helps a bit. And some fiber; also 2400 mg of sodium And a whole bunch of other stuff I've never heard of (what the heck is Titanium Dioxide?). But, it it works for you, that's great!

Serving Size 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container 90
Amount Per Serving % DV
Proprietary Blend 119.50 mg **
Bauhinia Purpurea L.(Leaf and Pod)(Standardized for Bauhniastatins 1-4) **
Cirsium Oligophyllum (Whole Plant Extract) Rauwolscine **
(Rauvolfia Canescens L Leaf and Root) **
Caffeine 100.00 mg **
** Daily Value (DV) not established
† Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on
your calorie needs:
Calories: 2000 2500
Total Fat Less than 65 g 80 g
Sat. Fat Less than 20 g 25 g
Cholesterol Less than 300 mg 300 mg
Sodium Less than 2400 mg 2400 mg
Total Carbohydrate 300 g 375 g
Dietary Fiber 25 g 30 g
Calories per gram:
Fat 9• Carbohydrate 4•Protein 4
Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Silicon Dioxide, Titanium Dioxide, Blue #1, Modified Starch, Red #3, Red #40, Magnesium Stearate (hypromellose, Titanium Dioxide, Coconut Oil, Carmine) Manufactured for USPlabs (221 Manana Dr., Ste 120, Dallas, Texas 75220
Old 01-25-2011, 11:46 AM
FitDay Member

I think titanium dioxide is a white pigment, but that's totally off the top of my head, might be wrong.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:06 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 160to125
Ive tried a lot- ephedrine based gave me panic attacks and limited results, and non ephedrine based just didnt work!
I totally agree with this! I was taking a thing called China show, my friend recommended them me that saying they were vitamins and herb extracts, well herbs can't be bad, can they these tablets are ma-huang extract and contain ephedra. I had awful anger attacks, heart palpitations (that is a really scary thing), it's true I lost about 8lb and could stay up all night, but the side effects were just too much.

There are known cases of death from ephedra users and I do not recommend these pills to anyone.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:30 AM
FitDay Member

While some weight loss pills contain powerful (and dangerous) drugs that can make you lose weight without exercise, other natural pills can facilitate weight loss in a healthy manner. This doesn't mean that the healthy pills will do all the work for you, that just doesn't exist. Does a runner buy high performance running shoes and expect to win the race without trying? No. I hope this shows how silly some people's expectations are when it comes to seeing results from pills alone.

Golden advice: exercise and eat right, weight loss pills are just a bonus, and a small one at that.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 08-23-2012 at 12:34 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 04-06-2011, 10:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm on alli

I have had good results being on and off orlistat. Never a weight gain going off and never symptoms. I stay on the low-fat diet, and they do help with avoiding stalling and plateaus.

The pills are never a replacement for good diet and exercise. For someone like me that had hundreds of pounds to lose, was diabetic and with thyroid problems, losing weight because of the medications I required was very hard.

Not so now. I'm off 9 medications because of my weightloss.

I have given myself forty days on alli to help me to continue the downward loss. I feel good so far, but I've been on it before so I already knew whether it would help or not.

I have lost 7.5 pounds in four days and am happy about it. I have been on a committed weightloss program since January.

alli is no big deal provided you don't eat over 19 grams of fat in a meal. I never have, so I'm good. If you think you're going to go over the amount of fat grams, or have a special occasion, then just don't take it for that meal.

alli is the one diet supplement that is fda approved. I don't know about liver damage. What I do know is about diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, joint problems and the health problems caused by too much weight.

I know alot here say don't try it, but I disagree. I'm not saying try it. I'm just saying that there's not much problem being on it IF YOU CONTROL YOUR FAT INTAKE. Go to the website and read about it.

For me, alli is a useful tool to pick up to help me not stall in my weightloss.

Last edited by shibaluvr; 04-06-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.