Notices

Your Weight Loss "Day"?

Old 04-06-2017, 09:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Your Weight Loss "Day"?

How do you count the hours? For some reason, I have started mine going midnight to midnight. That is, keeping to my allowed number of calories.

Admittedly, it's not been easy. It's right now 5pm EST and I'm about 400 calories from my "limit". I catch myself looking at my bedside clock (if I'm awake) saying stuff like "Come onnnnnn, already 12 o'clock!!!"

I have 47 pounds to lose to get to my desired weight of 200 by 12.10.17. Why 200? I don't really know. People tell me I looked emaciated when I was 190 once, so I just picked 200 arbitrarily, I suppose.

At 67, I do a lot of things arbitrarily.

Bill
Old 04-06-2017, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Why 12.10.17?

How are you sleeping? Are you getting a good number of hours - like 7, at least. That means that those calories get spread over 14 hours (you won't be facing decisions about calories while you sleep).
Old 04-06-2017, 10:26 AM
FitDay Member

Just an arbitrary date, Kathy.

To answer your question, though: I sleep poorly. Due to my wife's stroke, I am constantly in "En Garde" mode, and listen for her in case she needs me, so sleep in total, would equal about 4 hours with additional "naps" during the day. Her stroke is called "developmental" and even though it only affected her eyes, something could happen again anytime.

I have a blog at [email protected] where I used to write my memoirs. It pretty much tells the story, but haven't been able to get back to it in a number of months.

So why the weight loss, right? I treat my wife just like I did before she had her stroke. She's a very pretty lady, so even though I'm no Adonis she deserves better than a 263 pound blob and frankly, I can use the exercise. And that's not arbitrary.

Thanks for your reply

Bill
Old 05-17-2017, 09:15 PM
FitDay Member

It is good to see that you are working hard to get rid of fat but sleep is also an essential part of our healthy. losing weight is important but staying healthy is more important than it.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

I make sure I get at least 10 hrs, and I feel much better for it, ready to start a new day
Old 07-30-2017, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

Your body doesn't have a 24 hour clock in it. If you eat at 12:01 a m just figure the caloris for the next day. Your more important caloie number is your weekly calories anyway. Add weekly, divide by 7 and this is your actual daily amount which takes in consideration days that are higher and lower than your target amount.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:27 PM
FitDay Member

It doesn't really matter when you eat or how you space out your meals, as long as you're consistently in a calorie deficit.

Sleep is so important in weight loss. Lack of sleep can affect your hormones and can increase hunger and sugar cravings. Sleep is also when your body repairs itself which is particularly important for those who exercise.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:35 PM
FitDay Member

It is said that staying up late will make people gain weight. It is good to see you are doing your best to control your weight,but sleeping is more important to your body. If you lack of the quality and length,you will fall ill easily. Please have a deep thought about that!~!
Old 09-15-2017, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

monday ofc
Old 09-29-2017, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

It is possible to lose weight by counting calorie but it's part of the overall approach. UOu need to listen to your body's hunger and satiety signals, especially since we don't have the same calorie needs every day. If you run five miles one day, you need more calories to fuel your body than if you sit on the couch watching football the next.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.