Notices

Bodybuilding diets... any tips

Old 08-04-2010, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Bodybuilding diets... any tips

Hey everyone, i just joined the site to keep track of my calories and such because its a pain to do it with paper and pencil. I am training for a body buidling competition coming here in september in pittsburgh, I need to lose another 15 lbs to get down to 180 for the competition. I currently weight 195lbs. Does anyone have anytips on a good body building diet with high protien, low low carbs, and low fat. Also I have to keep it around 1800 calories which is the tough part.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jhansen6
Hey everyone, i just joined the site to keep track of my calories and such because its a pain to do it with paper and pencil. I am training for a body buidling competition coming here in september in pittsburgh, I need to lose another 15 lbs to get down to 180 for the competition. I currently weight 195lbs. Does anyone have anytips on a good body building diet with high protien, low low carbs, and low fat. Also I have to keep it around 1800 calories which is the tough part.

Welcome! I am training for my first figure competition in october. although I still have 7% bodyfat to lose... im not sure ill make it. but its a great learning experience and Im doing another in november. I will make that one for sure.

I am on the same diet low fat, low carbs (both under 20g) but my calories are at 1000. and I get 170 - 180 grams of protein. 1800 calories with low carbs and low fat is gonna be difficult. you can check the bodybuilding.com site. GOOD LUCK!
Old 08-10-2010, 11:31 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jhansen6
The only tip that I could give you is lots of tuna, Talipia, and Chicken. You can get the light tuna in water and it packs 110cal, 0 Fat, 0 Carbs, and 28g protein. Also look for a good lean protein supplement. I use Dymatize Elite when I am cutting it has 117 cal, 2g fat, 2g carbs, and 24g protein per serving. Watch the fruit as well, most fruits have alot of carbs in them. Hope this helps.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Be very meticulous on keeping track of calories in/out.

Yes low carbs. Personally I would keep my carbs to less than 150 g per day or lower. 100 g to 150 g tends to work best for me when I'm trying to cut. YMMV.

TDiddy81 mentioned some good protein. For me, eggs are a staple.

I generally don't sweat the fat, meaning I don't worry about keeping my fat low.

The real secret I think to staying satiated and not overeating is fat and vegetables. Lots and lots of vegetables. You'd be surprised at how much vegetables you could eat in a day, along with your protein, and still maintain a 1800 calorie diet.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:43 PM
FitDay Member

Have you heard of Ketogenics?
Old 08-16-2010, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

Default Bodybuilding diets

Please feel free to checkout my web site Home of Bonnie Lefrak - I work with competitors to get them ON STAGE