Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Why isn't there a support forum for both women and men? >

Why isn't there a support forum for both women and men?

Community
Notices

Why isn't there a support forum for both women and men?

Old 01-15-2010, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Why isn't there a support forum for both women and men?

Is there a reason why we can't support each other? Everyone admit it- you have snuck over to the other genders forum and read it just like I have. I see posts on the men's board that I would like to reply to but don't want to tick anyone off since I am not supposed to be there!!

Nobody knows each other here so what does it really matter? I think it would give everyone a chance to become better acquainted.

What does everyone else think?
Old 01-15-2010, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

You make a good point, in that we are all here to support each other. Who cares about privacy on a public forum? But as a man, there are things that a woman may choose to talk about that I have no interest in reading.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:10 AM
FitDay Member

I absolutely agree! That is why I think the the gender specific ones are great. You don't HAVE to read if you don't want to. But I think there should be place to support each other too.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:01 AM
FitDay Member

post in the men's group if you like. I certainly won't report you

Maybe we should PM a moderator and ask if they'll set up a mens and womens group as well. That way if you have something manly or womanly to talk about you can do that know (most of) the audience will know what you are talking about. But if it's just support you can post in the 'open' group. I bet the 'open' groups will take over fairly quickly
Old 01-15-2010, 10:52 AM
FitDay Member

We are still working on structure for the forums so add new forums is definitely something we can do. I will make sure this gets discussed.

thx for the post!
Old 01-15-2010, 11:20 AM
FitDay Member

I don't mind the gender specific stuff. I also think there needs to be a forum of general support so we can do challenges with each other and support groups.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

We want to build out a tool to facilitate challenges. Right now we are working on making sure the forum is ready. Hopefully we'll be able to get it out soon.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:43 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I would LOVE some group challenges!!!
Old 01-15-2010, 01:05 PM
FitDay Member

Brent, Can't wait! Thanks for the update.

Deanna
Old 01-15-2010, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

I was wondering about that. Having just started a week ago...I scanned over the catagories and because I was not posting on one topic specific to the topics listed, I chose to post in the 'women only' group. (But not because it was anything that I would not feel comfortable discussing with men, or something that was specific to women).

I think it is a great idea to add an 'open' group for everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.