Notices

Dieting and steroids?

Old 07-08-2010, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Need help: my doc put me on steroids!

I had a bad allergic reaction and my doctor has had to give me 2 steroid shots and now I am on a pill pack. Is there anything I can do during this time to help my weight loss. I'm very frustrated.

Last edited by kovacsrachel; 07-09-2010 at 02:41 AM. Reason: no response from previous title
Old 07-09-2010, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Rachel...There isn't too much you can do about the weight gain, just remember IT'S ALL WATER and will go away several days after completion of the steroids. Keep on track with what you're eating and your exercise program and you'll see the results soon after the meds are finished. Remember too, if you get extra hungry on the meds try to reach for something healthy. A day or two after the meds are done, you'll probably have a "crash" just go with it....You'll be back to normal in no time.

I'm not a professional by any means but I just came off 1000 mg prednisone and that's what happened to me.

Try not to get too discouraged. I put on 9 pounds in 2 days, but lost it almost as quick when it was over. Just hang in there.