Rawr! So frustrated! >

Rawr! So frustrated!

Community
Notices

Rawr! So frustrated!

Old 07-05-2010, 10:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default Rawr! So frustrated!

Okay, I don't expect miraculous results, and I know I'm not working as hard as I "should" but...I am so tired of working out and eating well, and then not seeing any results.

I've lost 10 pounds total, and I look a LITTLE bit slimmer, but I still am covered in belly fat and cellulite. It's like the rest of my body gets smaller, but the fat stays there. I do cardio AND strength training, I don't over or under eat, and I rarely make "bad" decisions when it comes to my food.

I don't get it. I'm so tired of dealing with it...I seriously just want to give up and get fat.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:04 AM
FitDay Member

Everything looks good to me, not sure why you are stressed so much.

Your SW 176 on 5/1 and you have lost 10 lb so you're at 166 now after 9 weeks. That's a nice 1 pound a week weight loss.

Unless i missed something I would say keep up the good work you're doing great
Old 07-05-2010, 11:10 AM
FitDay Member

Well, it's not the number on the scale that bothers me. It's the massive amounts of fat that I can't seem to get rid of.

I don't know...maybe it's just poor self image. I've never been happy with my body.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

You're not looking at the big picture! You're so smart losing the weight now. Even if it takes twice as long as you want it to, you'll still be in your 20's and trust me - it's twice as hard when you're in your 40's!
Old 07-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Jenny,

Just wanted to jump in and tell you that I was where you are now a few months ago. I felt EXACTLY the same way you just described. I hit plateaus (usually lasted 2-3 weeks) and even hit my goal weight and still all I could see were the parts that just didn't look good. It takes a LOT of patience and a shift in your mindset. The belly fat and the thigh fat is often the last to disappear for women but if you keep at it and keep combining strength and cardio, it will go away. It's not a race, though it is hard not to be impatient. But it does happen if you don't give up. You will get there...I promise.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hi Jenny,

Just wanted to jump in and tell you that I was where you are now a few months ago. I felt EXACTLY the same way you just described. I hit plateaus (usually lasted 2-3 weeks) and even hit my goal weight and still all I could see were the parts that just didn't look good. It takes a LOT of patience and a shift in your mindset. The belly fat and the thigh fat is often the last to disappear for women but if you keep at it and keep combining strength and cardio, it will go away. It's not a race, though it is hard not to be impatient. But it does happen if you don't give up. You will get there...I promise.

Thanks for your input...I know that if I keep going, I will get there eventually. I just have the hardest time staying focused when it is so easy to see the negative side of things. Also, I think I am feeling defeated mostly because of photographs of me (as silly as that sounds). I thought I was doing really well, and had started to look thinner...and then I saw a picture that my mom took of me just 2 days ago. My arms still look really huge, I still have a lot of fat under my chin...It really knocked me down.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:22 PM
FitDay Member

Don't expect the miracles. Have lots of patience and the fat will go.Set your thoughts on that you will look great for fall and everything will fall in place by then. Just don't give up and don't get frustrated. This is the year to change your life and you will never regret it. Congrats on a great job so far )