Notices

New and Need Help Understanding Pie Chart

Old 07-03-2010, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
So, are you saying that protein doesn't need to be at 30%? If so I agree, to an extent. As I, and other posters, mentioned everyone's body is unique so while 20% works for you, 40% works for almeeker and 30% for me. The point of my reply to 55mandy55 that you quoted was about how carb calories. My point was that if you are trying to lose weight and you have set a daily calorie goal (whether that is 1500 or 2000 or 3000) then as you consume more protein you will need to consume less of your calories from carbs and fat. If you just consume more protein your daily calories would increase also. That would slow your weight loss.

By the way I really like your user name!
Hi Ron!, i was just meaning to quote the muscle mag part about losing 75 percent of muscle. I am just thinking what i saw on the Dr. Oz show but basically the only time you have to worry about losing lots of muscle is if you are completely inactive and losing weight. Like how people in the hospital lose weight.
But yeah i am all about finding what works for oneself and going with it!

Cheers!
Old 07-04-2010, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

Let me see if I understand. You have a high protein intake because you are not working out but you still don't want to lose muscle mass. Is that correct?