FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   A friend who doesn't gain weight (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/14179-friend-who-doesnt-gain-weight.html)

cspringer496 07-13-2016 01:50 AM

A friend who doesn't gain weight

I have a friend of mine who is working in night shifts but doesn't gain any weight. Thus, he even losses weight. Lol. What can you advice from that kind of situation?

Why I am here having problems on how to loss my weight and fats!

Kathy13118 07-13-2016 03:32 AM

You don't say how busy your friend is on his job. It could be that he doesn't even have time to eat! He gets a few opportunities to eat, maybe, and he chooses foods that are not loaded with calories. Then, he goes home and he's tired. He makes the decision not to eat before he goes to sleep. He sleeps half the day and the only time when he has to worry about bad food choices is between waking up and getting ready for his shift.

Does he need advice? Does he want to gain weight? Sounds to me like he has a good situation!

cspringer496 07-15-2016 08:37 PM

Yes. He badly wanted to gain weight but is lazy enough to join me in my workout. And you are correct, work consumed all of his time.

I am challenge to make a plan on how to help him or encourage in such a way he will workout with me.

whatsapp 07-17-2016 02:15 AM

whatsapp for windows 8

Originally Posted by cspringer496 (Post 122223)
I have a friend of mine who is working in night shifts but doesn't gain any weight. Thus, he even losses weight. Lol. What can you advice from that kind of situation?

Why I am here having problems on how to loss my weight and fats!

VondaParrish 07-24-2016 03:53 PM

It's your food and beverage intake and your physical activity that ultimately determine how much you weigh, he's probably eating healthy despite having irregular schedule and his work involves physical activities that is making him lose weight.

SherryTracy 07-25-2016 08:55 PM

Hi dude, I am in the same position, we have 2 weeks off school and theres a fine girl i want to impress, over the last week I skipped lunch at school and kept the money for electronics =p
I have also been doing 60-120 sit ups per day, i am a large 60kg, I am 15, the top end of 9 stone

I can feel abs coming through, and my stomach going down
If you intend to have 3 meals per day here is what i advise

Breakfast - Bran flakes / Special k
Lunch- Tuna/salad/apple and slice of unbuttered bread/pear and piece of toast
Dinner -Wholemeal Pasta (it's brown and healthier) with any type of fish I advise Salmon, steam it and mix with the pasta, do not be tempted to add cheese

travis_12 07-25-2016 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by cspringer496 (Post 122261)
Yes. He badly wanted to gain weight but is lazy enough to join me in my workout.

It feels like you have me on CCTV surveillance.

I am suffering from the exact same problem.

Due to an erratic college life, I skipped so many breakfasts, that it is practically out of habit now. Too lazy to eat. That lethargy has now culminated into a low appetite. Therefore, even if I eat something filling, I'm done for the day.

Does your friend also have a low appetite?

KatrinaDuron 03-14-2017 11:50 PM

Some similar case is with my younger sister, she is also trying to gain some weight since few months and not succeeding. If anybody have any healthy advice or a diet plan to gain some weight please let me know..

AdelineGoetz 03-23-2017 10:16 PM

I also want to know the tips for weight gain. Please help!

MathiasAndersson 03-27-2017 03:24 PM

We can't say for sure how much our ancestors ate, but most likely there haven't been long periods of 'too much' food in our evolutionary history.

"We do know that frequent and extended famines in parts of the world have encouraged the evolution of the body's ability to store fat quickly and be very efficient in its use of fat (cellular energy) to do the work required for muscle exertion and maintenance of bodily functions," says Professor Michael Cowley, director of Monash University's Obesity and Diabetes Institute.