Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
How can I relieve low back pain from standing all day? >

How can I relieve low back pain from standing all day?

Community
Notices

How can I relieve low back pain from standing all day?

Old 03-10-2016, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default How can I relieve low back pain from standing all day?

Hello,

I am suffering through Lower Back pain from last 1 year. I am owner of restaurant, so my whole day goes in standing. Please, can anyone suggest any kind of exercise....diet plans....nutrition...etc. ?
Old 03-10-2016, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator

What I have read - and my own experience bears this out - is that the way to relieve and avoid back pain is to concentrate on abs and core. Pilates is excellent for this. It is also gentle. There are plenty of websites that show basic mat Pilates so you don't really need to go to a class or buy a book. If you do learn the Pilates exercises, many can be done in bed.

Google 'pilates exercises for beginners.'

Abdominal crunches go right to the problem but they are not as gentle. They also can be done in bed.

Good luck! I sympathize. I had a bad back for years. I had my back 'go out' several times, immobilizing me for days. It never happened again, after I began Pilates (and crunches).
Old 03-11-2016, 07:15 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by andrewsilson8635
Hello,

I am suffering through Lower Back pain from last 1 year. I am owner of restaurant, so my whole day goes in standing. Please, can anyone suggest any kind of exercise....diet plans....nutrition...etc. ?
While you standing and moving around, you should put both your hands behind your back while holding wrist of one hand with another. You should rest weight of both your hands on your lower spine area where you feel pain while moving around and standing. You will feel immense relief in your lower back pain.

Also, it will correct your spine posture which will help to remove back pain.

Try this simple thing for 1 month and I am sure you will notice immense relief.

It is actually a yoga posture. You can read more at Heal Your Lower Back Pain With These 5 Yoga Poses | Breaking Muscle
Old 03-20-2016, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by andrewsilson8635
Hello,

I agree with the ab and core exercise, it is important to strengthen your core to better support your body. My father had this problem and he began using these all natural supplements called "Relief". He's noticed a drastic improvement in his back pain and it also helped with is arthritis! Let me know if you want the information and I can ask him!